OK, I am a little confused...

Hmmm I read that ad and to me it sounds like they are going to have the HM holiday but no event leading up to it.

No, not at all. It just means the Disney Gallery won't be having an event involving the Nightmare Before Christmas theme. It sounds like HMH will be back agan this year. The HM is scheduled to be down in September too which also indicates it will be getting the overlay installed.

Woo! I love the Haunted Mansion all done over for the holidays. I would really hate for it to go. My family are big fans of The Nightmare Before Christmas.

I recently heard (though not too sure how reliable the source of this info is) that the NBC was shipped to FL. I really don't know what's going on with that. There was no NBC event last year either, but HM was still in NBC mode. I guess we'll know when the Sept calender comes out and HM is either listed as being under refurb or it's not.

This was in the mouseplanet update this morning. Confirming that there is going to be the HM holiday overlay but no merchandise event.

Ever since it was first announced that Haunted Mansion Holiday would, for the first time, not be having an accompanying merchandise event, the Internet has seen the rumor circle the globe in waves that Haunted Mansion Holiday itself was canceled. Honestly, take the graphics on the recent news about how a global bird flu pandemic would spread around the planet and replace the little duck graphic with a small X'ed out Jack Skellington and you have the idea.

Anyway, the rumors were back this year and have reached the point that Walt Disney Event Services has gone to the extreme of announcing a non-event. Specifically they say that because of all the pirates hoopla this summer there will be no Haunted Mansion Holiday event but that the attraction will definitely be returning.

So, the next time you see someone post, "I heard HMH isn't coming back this year, anybody know why?" you will know what to post in response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter