Ok guys, I need help!

kamgen

DIS Veteran
Okay, I just realized that it is only 9 weeks from tomorrow that I leave for Florida....and I need to get and stay motivated! I did well the first month, then hit a roadblock that I cannot seem to shake!
My goal is to lose another 10-13lbs before Florida....it is possible but I have to make it happen!
If I can do it, that would be about 30lbs total lost before Florida! Yahoo!!!!
I am doing WW and (trying) to get 4-5 days of working out in-rotating Tae Bo, aerobics and Pilates......

Just could use a push and any tips or hints to stay motivated!
Thanks,
Kamy

I think of exercise as similar to eating...you have to do it. I know what days I am going to exercise each week and there is not excuses. If something comes up then I have to give up the day I had planned as an 'off' day and exercise then. If I get busy at work and can't go to the gym, then it is WOTP or Taebo before bedtime. I love to exercise and I think it is because I know it is fuel for my body. Even when I wasn't losing weight, I still exercised and felt awful if I skipped.

You can do this!!!!!! With WW and exercising the inches will melt away, as well as the pounds.

Thanks believe! :)
I was never big on exercising...so I am having a harder time with that! No more excuses! :)

Thanks,
Kamy

PS- How are the WOTP tapes?? considering getting those to rotate too!

I did the WOTP 3 and 4 mile videos for over a year. They are really simple, but give you a good workout. You may not feel like a lot is going on, but the inches do go away. Many here have begun using them. I would check you local library and try to borrow one to try.

See exercise as a must, not an option. Make sure you find the exercise that you enjoy the most, if there is one;) I love to walk, so I do that on the weekends. I now do weights because I know muscle burns calories faster....and of course abs for that mid-section. If you can find a partner. I currently on have a partner on the weekends, she chickened out on me in October and went to only weekends. Better than nothing.

You can do it!!!! Can't wait to see your lose numbers!

Kamy, I was never one for exercising either, some days I actually dreaded it, but I have discovered the more I do it the more I don't dread it any more. Also, I try to do a variety of workouts, mainly at the gym. I now switch between the elliptical, treadmill and lifecycle and I also lift free weights (only 30 reps for triceps and biceps) every other day. When I first started exercising I could only go for 10 minutes, now I am up to 40 minutes and I feel good. I think your goal is very doable, you have 9 weeks and if you lose a pound to a pound and a half a week you will reach your goal. I am doing WW too and I find variety is a key to staying on track.

You can do this, you have the power within you to achieve your goals.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Kamy, you can make your goal, I'm sure of it. You're going to be so svelte when you make your trip :)

svelte.........I like that word! Yes, I plan to look svelte for my trip...

Thanks!!! :)

Kamy

My suggestion is to try jogging for a few of your workouts this week. I have been working on my running and it really seems to help!

I hope this reply goes through!!! I am having all sorts of trouble with the boards today.

All I have to say is YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! Just stick to the program as much as you can!!!! If you can at least get in the 4 day workout and maybe sprinkle in a 5th day here and there, you will be a calorie burning fool!

Good luck! 9 weeks is a long time and you can certainly lose 1-2 pounds a week between now and your trip!

Okay guys, here I am again! This week was terrible....went out to eat 4 times!!! UGH!!! Why am I doing this to myself??? I weigh in tomorrow morning and I am so scared! I did work out 4 days, so I am happy about that...and I did practice portion control....but still!!!! Now it is April 1 and only 7weeks and 3 days from my Florida trip!!!! I should be proud that I have lost 18lbs, but I am just so frustrated with myself for not being able to NOT go out all the time...dh is so supportive and we have made a plan to only go out once a week....but still! I guess I could just use a little boost! Thanks for letting me vent! :)

Kamy

Hi, Kammy!

Take those boxing gloves off. There is a "no beating yourself up" rule around here. Apparently Kath is the only one allowed to beat us, and she really is just a bopper, not a puncher... ;)

I TOTALLY hear you about eating out! I avoid it at all costs because I don't want to go paving that road to you know where with my good intentions. Put a menu in front of me and it seems like my common sense takes a vacation.

Just make the most of your 7 weeks and three days. The fact that you worked out FOUR TIMES is super! And you used portion control when you ate out. What if you had skipped working out and just ate willy nilly? Then you'd be in a much worse place. You did good!!!! :) Celebrate that 18 pound loss and BELIEVE that you can lose even more before your trip!!!

I think it is wonderful to limit the eating out to once a week if you can. My parents have been after me to go to the beach for lunch with them soon, but I keep postponing it. I plan to order steamed shrimp and a salad but I fear I will crumble and order fried oysters and french fries and a beer!!! :) Try to stay in your safety zone for now. Think about how good you will feel when your trip comes and you weigh even less than you do now!!! :) When you are on vacation you can give yourself little treats, so just try to look forward to that.

I hope this helps a little. You know we are all 100% behind you! We all have crummy days and think we've made terrible choices, but then we get back on the horse and start over. You can't change the past, so just do the best you can for today and pat yourself on the back!!! :)

Thanks TigH! You really made me feel better! I can do this.....and I am so thankful for the WISH! :)

Kamy

Oh boy, Kamy, are <i>you</i> lucky that I can't find that wet noodle. You were really in for it ;)

7 weeks and 3 days, huh? That's almost two months! You've already lost 18 pounds and you're controlling your portions and working out. Sounds like you're doing great to me :teeth:

Now listen vewy, vewy cwoswy (that was my Elmer Fudd imitation, what do you think--good, huh?)

We can't dwell on the past, we can't worry about yesterday, we aren't even going to worry about 5 minutes ago. Neither are we going to think about tomorrow or 7 weeks and 3 days from now. We are going to focus on <b>today</b>. We can do something about today.

As for eating out...shouldn't you be saving your money for WDW? (just teasing you).

Okay, sounds to me like you have <b>today</b> pretty much under control and that is what is important.

I know you can do this, do <b>you</b> realize that you can? Do you <b>believe</b> that you can do this? Yes? Then stop beating yourself up and worrying about last week and do some crunches or something ;) Onward and downward, sweetie.

Katholyn

Kamy, you can eat out and lose weight. So many restaurants have online menus and some even have nutrition guides on their websites. The key for me is to look at the menu before I go out, pick something that fits in my plan and order only that.

You can do it!!!

I weighed in this morning.........I lost 2lbs!!!!! Now I get my new 10lb clippie!!!!! (total loss of 20lbs)!
I am so happy! you guys are the best...your motivation really helps!!!!

Kamy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter