'Ohana's vs. Crystal Palace

missy522

Earning My Ears
Please, someone help me decide!! Currently, I have ADR's for CP dinner on our MK day. Should I keep that or switch to 'Ohana's? I've read the menus, but can you tell me what's good at each? Which would be better for a non-meat eater? Details, details, I want to know everything!! (Those "no more buffet" threads have me a bit leery I must admit) Thank you for you help! :)

Crystal Palace has characters and more variety for a non-meat eater. Ohana is great but has a fixed menu,heavily meat oriented. They will do a vegetarian option(noodle bowl) but you would have more main course choices and desserts at Crystal Palace. :)

We absolutely love Ohana's but the no meat part would be much easier at Crystal Palace.

I must add that Crystal Palace is one of our favorite buffets so I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Have a great time.

missy522 said:
Please, someone help me decide!! Currently, I have ADR's for CP dinner on our MK day. Should I keep that or switch to 'Ohana's? I've read the menus, but can you tell me what's good at each? Which would be better for a non-meat eater? Details, details, I want to know everything!! (Those "no more buffet" threads have me a bit leery I must admit) Thank you for you help! :)

Do you have any children?

First CP has a much better lunch than dinner IMHO :rolleyes:

they are both my fav. any chance of doing both?

My older kids loved Ohana's because they had fun at the coconut races and hula hoop contest and the younger one loved the characters. I like the Ohana dinner because it was different than all the other buffets we had done before.

I love CP in the middle of the day for a break from the park and heat and the characters are just precious.

Like I said-can you do both? LOL :rotfl2:

Thanks to all who replied! My "kids" are 18 and 21!!! So, characters are not all that important, mainly the food and atmosphere. My main concern is DD21 who really doesn't eat meat - sometimes chicken and most all seafoods. Very picky! We are from Louisiana so the boiled shrimp sounds great. Is it always on the menu (at dinner)? We could all make a meal out of that alone! Also, what kinds of salads are there? I would love to try both restaurants, but already have allotted all TS. Since we'll be in the MK I think we'll stay with CP.

missy522 said:
Thanks to all who replied! My "kids" are 18 and 21!!! So, characters are not all that important, mainly the food and atmosphere. My main concern is DD21 who really doesn't eat meat - sometimes chicken and most all seafoods. Very picky! We are from Louisiana so the boiled shrimp sounds great. Is it always on the menu (at dinner)? We could all make a meal out of that alone! Also, what kinds of salads are there? I would love to try both restaurants, but already have allotted all TS. Since we'll be in the MK I think we'll stay with CP.

I would DEFINITELY try 'Ohana!!! I do eat meat, however, by the time all of the meat on skewers came out, I was SO STUFFED from all of the appetizers that I really didn't eat much of it! If your daughter does eat chicken, the sweet chicken wings are THE BEST I ever had in my life. HONEST!!! They serve an AWESOME salad with lime vinagrette dressing that is to die for. And the wonton chips with 3 dipping sauces are WONDERFUL. And don't even let me get started on the Potatoes Au Gratin.....OMG!!!!!!! Then you get the sweet and sour shrimp and also some veggies. THEN after all of that, the meat comes out!!!!!!! And the dessert is AMAZING.

Don't get me wrong, I am a CP fan, but 'Ohana is now a MUST DO for every future trip for us!!! (it wasn't in the past!) I would definitely choose 'Ohana over CP for dinner! :thumbsup2

They have coconut races for the kids and a hawaian singer. The singer teaches the children a song with actions and of course they sing to people having a special event...anniversary,birthday etc. It is very cute.

We enjoy 'Ohana over CP as well but there is probably more variety for a non-meat person at CP however. The bread pudding for desert at 'Ohana is excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter