O'hana's rice recipe please

bunnymkc

<font color=FF99FF>Believes in the Tooth Fairy, th
just did a search here and cound not find this recipe..want to make it to surprise a wonderful DDIL..ALSO DIDN'T WE HAVE A SITE HERE WITH ALL THE dISNEY RECIPES..CAN'T FIND THAT EITHER..PLEASE HELP..sorry for caps locked..tia marianne

Citrus Rice
Polynesian

1 1/3 cups water
1/2 tsp. Salt
7 Tbsp. butter, divided
1 1/3 cups pre-cooked rice
2/3 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup chopped Spanish onion
3 Tbsp. chopped orange peel
1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped lemon peel
1/3 cup orange juice
3 Tbsp. chicken broth
Salt and white pepper to taste

Bring water, salt and 2 tsp. butter to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat. At the end of 5 min., fluff with a fork. Set aside.

Heat remaining butter in a 9" skillet. Add celery, onion, orange and lemon peels and mix in rice. Sauté for 7 minutes. Add orange juice and chicken broth and season to taste. Spoon into a 1-quart buttered casserole and bake at 350 deg. F for 15 min.

The site I always use first is Margie J's. (She posts here.)

Deb

Thanks Deb! :) Here's another recipe from the Poly:

Luau Fried Rice

1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
3 tsp. vegetable oil
2 tsp. soy sauce
3 cups water
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1 egg scrambled, cut in strips
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1 1/2 tsp garlic flavored oil*

Combine rice, vegetable oil, soy sauce and water. Bring to a boil, stir, cover, and cook over low heat 12 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and let stand over low heat, covered, 3 min. longer

*Note: If garlic flavored oil in not available, put a garlic clove on a toothpick and add to rice while cooking. Remove before serving.

It always amazes me how fast you guys respond..also added marges site to my favorites..thanks again..can't wait to make it!! Marianne

Originally posted by bunnymkc
It always amazes me how fast you guys respond..

I'm not speaking for Margie, but I need to get a life! ;) Seriously, I troll here a couple times a day looking for something new to make for dinner! :teeth:

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter