• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana's - is the children entertainment all evening?

mar2728

Mouseketeer
My husband and I have 8:30 PM reservations at Ohana's. I'm beginning to wonder if it will be too loud for him since he has a hearing problem when things get too noisy. Will the children's games and entertainment still be going on by that time? Do they repeat the games over and over ...or how often does it occur? Thanks for your help.

It's a pretty noisy place even when no entertainment is going on. The entertainment is periodic--maybe every 20 minutes or so there is something new. (Not the same thing over and over.)

They stop the entertainment at about 9:30. You will probably have to sit through one maraca parade. during that you may want to suspend any conversation if you're seated near it, because it will be very difficult for anyone to hear anything, hearing problem or not.

We love Ohana...........BUT the later in the evening the louder it gets.
Last time (in Dec 09) we had 8pm ressies and it was so loud we couldn't talk to each other at the table.
I was so dissappointed, my best friend lives in Orlando and met us to "visit" but we couldn't because all we could say is "huh, I can't hear you, what did you say?". It was miserable.
Also the later in the evening it gets the slower the servers go.

I hate to be a downer on Ohana because they have some of the best food and dessert in WDW but I don't know if it is worth it going after 6pm.

If your DH has hearing issues it will most likely be miserable for him but that is a guess. Does he have hearing aids? Can he turn them off?

As for the kids stuff, it runs until close to close. I do believe it is about every 30 mins or so. Again that gets SOOOOO loud I couldn't hear myself breathe!! LOL

I have made a decision that when we eat there if it can't be before 6pm it won't be at all.

Nala is right, I'm pretty sure the entertainment concludes at 9:30.

Ohana can be a bit rambunctious during the entertainment, but there is a portion of the restaurant where the entertainment is less noisy. Try requesting that area if you think the noise might bother your party.

I also have a hearing problem and often have trouble hearing in loud restaurants. So at 'Ohana I just concentrate on eating.:rotfl2:

We had 9:35 reservations last August (best we could do), and the entertainment was done by then. Much quieter place by that time.

We always request a window table when we go to Ohana (we do this when we check in), it usually adds time waiting and most of the time we're sat at the tables by the window of the marina area. My Dad is deaf in his left ear which makes it impossible for him to hear with his right ear if there's a lot of background noise. We find this to be the best way to be out of most of the noise. We do have to stop talking when there's a lot of kids doing the marracas or if any of the entertainers walk by singing but it's infrequent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter