O'Hana's for dinner and Kona for dessert?

SpeechGuy

Mouseketeer
Can a family of four have dinner at O'Hana's and then make a stop at the Kona Cafe for dessert? Some places choose not to seat dessert only customers. Or perhaps the desserts are just as good at O'Hana's, too. Our dd would love the Ice Cream cone surrounded by cotton candy. Does O'hana's offer anything to a fussy eater (who happens to be our dd 11 year old who loves ice cream)? Thanks! :wave2:

We have done exactly what you are thinking. The desserts at 'Ohana did not impress us, so we went next door to Kona Cafe. It was late and they were not busy. They seemed to be fine with us just ordering dessert.

On my last vacation, we went to the Kona just for dessert and they had no problem with it at all-- have fun!! :p
(I strongly suggest the Kilauea Torte! yummm)
mariamouse

How do you even get to dessert? I've always left Ohana feeling like I should be rolled out of there.... all that good food and no space to put them.:teeth:

I would be very surprised if 'Ohana would not allow you to order Kona desserts from there if you asked; you'd have to pay extra for your meal, and wouldn't have to take up another table at a different restaurant. Seems like a win/win to me. If they say "no", take a break, watch EWP and Wishes from the beach, and when the crowd at Kona thins out, why wouldn't they let you in for dessert if there's room?

O'hanas will bring you a dessert to your table from Konas if you ask. We have never had room for dessert!:tongue:

Originally posted by oogieboogie
How do you even get to dessert? I've always left Ohana feeling like I should be rolled out of there.... all that good food and no space to put them.:teeth:

I couldn't agree more::yes:: . I am sooooooooooo full after I eat at 'Ohana's that I am literally uncomfortable. But..it's a good uncomfortable because I do it every year - some people never learn:) . But...if you can have dessert, Kona's has the best desserts. We always go for dessert there one evening a trip and it is delicious:tongue: . Have a fun time eating - I know I will in about 4 1/2 months.:wave:

If anyone likes coconut...... do not miss the coconut snowball for dessert at O' Hanas....

Yummy !

I think that subconsciously I booked the Poly this year so I could have one every day! Of course, after I jog around Bay Lake!;)

I completely agree with the above posters who said they had no room for dessert. We were all so full after 'Ohanas they could have rolled us out of the restaurant. :rotfl:

I was going to do the very same thing when we dined at 'Ohanas in a few weeks. Plans have changed so we will try next time.

My children love the Kiddie Cone. We had lunch at Kona Cafe last year and they split one for dessert.

I'm certain they would bring one over for you if you asked.

Yet another who will say, "Do you really think you will have room for dessert?" The food at 'Ohana is so good and so filling I barely have room for the pineapple they bring.

Thanks OP for the post!! Looking forward to trying Ohanas AND Kona for dessert!

Wishing everyone a "magical" day!:wave:

After listening to everyone's description of the amount and quality of food that is served at Ohana's, I think we may need to make a seperate trip to the Kona for dinner and dessert or just dessert. Our daughter is not a big meat eater so we may have to get her something "off menu" at Ohana's and then let her try a dessert from the Kona while we continue to eat the "good stuff" at O'hana's. Thanks!:wave2:

The green beans at Ohana are to die for. That also goes for the shrimp dumplings. Pretty much everything in the middle section is awesome. Even my picky DSs love them. Your DD might just get her fill from the platter as opposed to the meats. Plus they do serve turkey meat too.

Thanks, oogieboogie.....that's great to know. My dd loves dumplings. There is an oriental restuarant in our area that she craves about once a week....for their dumplings. So now I know she will be happy. Are the dumplings all you can eat, too? Thanks!:wave2:

Everything is all you can eat. The last time we went there (Feb 04) we had 3 refills of the green beans and I had a whole skewer of shrimp. They were soooo good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter