Ohana's dinner ressie @ 9:45, Wishes is at 10:00

TinkLynne

Earning My Ears
Our dinner ressie is @ 9:45 and Wishes begins at 10:00. Hoping that our dinner ressie being this late works out for us;) This is our arrival day so we didn't have anything planned other than settling in, the pool @ our hotel Poly & walking around the grounds and kids always LOVE riding the monorail:thumbsup2 So, really the 9:45 ressie seems like it will work out cuz we have nothing else planned & it would be a really great way to start out our vacation:goodvibes In 2008, we stayed at the GF, this was our 1st family stay and we were able to view wishes from a perfect spot on a bench at whatever the place to eat at the GF...it was right on the water and let me just say................IT WAS ABSOLUTELY MAGICAL:wizard:

Then problem I see with this plan is that I REALLY doubt you'll be seated on time. Just think about how many people with views are going to be stretching out their dinners to be able to stay put for Wishes. Also, 'Ohana is notorious for how late they run. As the evening progresses, they run further and further behind. If you can get closer to 9:00 I think you'll be happier. If not, show up early, grab a drink at the Tambu Lounge and try to stand by the windows in the lobby waiting area. Maybe you'll see from there or maybe if you sign in early you'll be put down on the list based on arrival time instead of ADR time.

I think I've also read that most of the windows are obstructed by trees. We had a table in 2009 with a good view (was too early for fireworks but beautiful view of the castle and Grand Floridian) but most of the tables I do recall were behind trees. You'll likely have an extra wait on top of the regular wait if you're asking to wait for a MK view.

I really don't want to be negative but I also don't want you to end up really disappointed.

Our dinner ressie is @ 9:45 and Wishes begins at 10:00. Hoping that our dinner ressie being this late works out for us;) This is our arrival day so we didn't have anything planned other than settling in, the pool @ our hotel Poly & walking around the grounds and kids always LOVE riding the monorail:thumbsup2 So, really the 9:45 ressie seems like it will work out cuz we have nothing else planned & it would be a really great way to start out our vacation:goodvibes In 2008, we stayed at the GF, this was our 1st family stay and we were able to view wishes from a perfect spot on a bench at whatever the place to eat at the GF...it was right on the water and let me just say................IT WAS ABSOLUTELY MAGICAL:wizard:

I don't really see this being a problem. I do have to agree with the pp that Ohana does run a little bit behind schedule, but I think you should be fine. Enjoy your trip!

Depends when you're going. If it's at a busy time, don't expect people to leave their table 15mns before Wishes. But if it's not too busy, and the restaurant isn't full, you may be seated on time.

Either way show up as early as you can, it can't hurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter