'Ohana?

chucklhd

Earning My Ears
got a last minute 5 pm ADR for 'ohana on my last day this week. Keep it? Do something else? We've already done/planning to do: 1900 PF, garden grill, chef Mickey, hoop dee doo, akershus, H&V. 'Ohana would replace crystal palace

Thoughts

I would keep it. Love everything about the buffet at 'Ohana's... from the Welcome Bread to wings and potstickers, main course meats AND, quite probably, The Best Dessert on Property - The Bread Pudding, a la mode, topped with caramel sauce and bananas!

Definitely keep it. I know 'Ohana and longer receives the rave reviews it once did, but I still think dinner there is one of the best dining experiences on property. I disagreee that it has declined in quality over the years. We last were there in January, and it was as excellent as always.

A fifth vote for keep. That's a fairly hard reservation to get, and for good reason. It's pretty awesome! We try to do it every trip. If you feel you're over-booked with TS you may want to cancel something else that's not quite as difficult to get, like Garden Grill for example, and do that on your next trip. All those reservations sound fun though! Whatever you choose it sounds like it'll be a great trip!!

Keep it!!! It's a must do for every single trip for us. We love all of the food.. Especially that dessert. Plus the Polynesian is a fun resort to walk around and check out before / after
Enjoy!

Actually, reading your question, I had a question. What would you like?
We don't know what you prefer, only personal opinions on what we would do
Good Luck

I agree with the PP, it really depends on what kinds of food you like and whether you wanted to see Winnie the Pooh and friends. For my family, we would opt to keep 'Ohana; we really like the food there (especially the shrimp, dumplings, and beef).

For our upcoming trip, it will be the first time we aren't doing 'Ohana. We usually stay at the Poly but this time we are switching it up to the Beach Club.
We love 'Ohana's- the atmosphere is great and the food is really good too- especially the bread pudding!
Not sure what time your ADR is, but we have been seated by the windows in time to watch the fireworks- the music is pipped in!
Enjoy whatever you decide!

Definitely keep it. I know 'Ohana and longer receives the rave reviews it once did, but I still think dinner there is one of the best dining experiences on property. I disagreee that it has declined in quality over the years. We last were there in January, and it was as excellent as always.

Lately the folks on the DIS Unplugged podcast have been (back to?) raving about 'Ohana, including it in their recent discussions of top places to eat on property.

I have to agree, keep it! Ohana is one of those places I could go to every trip, it's one of my top 10 restaurants at Disney.

My kids loved Ohana! they had fun with Lilo and Stitch & all of the rest of the gang. You cannot go wrong with breakfast, especially if you have kids! all you can eat in one BIG dish! scrambled eggs, Mickey waffles, bacon, eggs etc. Sooooo gooood! and as far as all of the other food you get there, that is just as good! keep it!

I would keep it. Love everything about the buffet at 'Ohana's... from the Welcome Bread to wings and potstickers, main course meats AND, quite probably, The Best Dessert on Property - The Bread Pudding, a la mode, topped with caramel sauce and bananas!
Its a small matter but unless something changed I don't believe 'ohana is a buffet.

Keep oh and if you like strong Drinks this is the place. I ordered that Pineapple drink and i had to ask the waiter to bring me more juice to put in it. It was good but way to strong for me. The waiter said they tend to make all the drinks on the strong side there.

This is by far our favorite place to eat. We are going on our 3rd trip and we have gone to Ohana every time.

I just went there for dinner for the first time on this past trip in August. It was really different, and one of the biggest meals I've had on property. The dessert was amazing! Enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter