O'hana won't take 2 people?

Adora

DIS Veteran
Went to make my 180 day ADRs today and O'hana was telling me nothing availble. Seemed a little odd seeing how I was 6am on the dot. (But I haven't been able to find anything the past few days either).
So when I add a third person there are lots of times available.
So can two people not go to Ohana? Am I missing something?
I made the reservation for 3 but now wondering what to do from here, suggestions?

Same thing happened when I booked for our trip in April. I booked for 3 and then edited the party down to 2, everything was fine.

Annoying quirk of the reservation system, but I have gotten used to it - always have searched for larger parties now and once the ADR is secured change it to what I really want.

I booked for 3 and then edited the party down to 2, everything was fine.

I just had to do the same thing for Epcot Forever Dining Package. Never would have known without these posts! Had to create a phantom guest. What is best way to edit down?

Book it for 3 and even if you can't modify to 2 you will be fine. There is no charge for showing up with fewer people as long as someone from the party shows up.

Book it for 3 and even if you can't modify to 2 you will be fine. There is no charge for showing up with fewer people as long as someone from the party shows up.
Thanks, I guess I'm just trying to avoid having an extra guest when going for my BP for RotR 😂

I do it from the app.
1. Select the ADR you are looking to change
2. Once you are in that ADR select the Modify option
3. Decrease party size

This is great info, I want to book 'Ohana for dinner on our honeymoon.

Thanks OP for the original post and everyone else for your answers :):)

I do it from the app.
1. Select the ADR you are looking to change
2. Once you are in that ADR select the Modify option
3. Decrease party size

I'm going to have to do it from the app because my computer in MDE didn't even give me access to the extra days to book, only the app did. This made for a stessful morning.

Thanks to those that replied! I wish I had realized earlier, it would have helped the bloodpressure :)

Thank you so much. I was so frustrated when I couldn’t get a reservation for 2 on my preferred date. Just tried this and there were a MILLION times for 3! Was able to immediately modify down. Y’all are lifesavers.

Another thing a cm taught me decades ago was (this was for crt back in the day) was to add an infant if it is a paid adr. Then you can have the 3 or whatever number buy not pay for an extra body

this doesn’t come into play much, but if you have to go up a person to make their screwy system work, add a 2 yo

They really need to figure out a way to fix this. We are a party of 3 and had problems getting the right times we wanted at a few restaurants but when changed to 4 ppl I had the options I needed. A party of 3 will sit at the same table as a 4...:sad2:

Another thing a cm taught me decades ago was (this was for crt back in the day) was to add an infant if it is a paid adr. Then you can have the 3 or whatever number buy not pay for an extra body

this doesn’t come into play much, but if you have to go up a person to make their screwy system work, add a 2 yo
Did this exact thing for one of the pre-paid dining packages.

Because the IT system is stupid

a 4 top table is available for a party if 4
2 person adr? Nope, it’s a 4 top. It’s stupid and aggravating and super annoying

book that 3 top and have an amazing time!
We have eaten at Ohana two times when we were three and two persons. Both times we had a smaller table that the guests who were four. So they might have small tables. The three of us were seated at a small table that was really only suitable for two but we didn't bother asking to change it.

Just book what it will accept. Say 3 or 4. Show up with 2. Non issue. When we do a rare ADR. We book what the best time is. There is 4 of us. Sometimes we book more or of just the wife and I go. We still book 4 if it is better options.

This tip was a big help! I am going solo for work in 2 weeks and have had a reservation finder for 1 going for O'Hana for over a month with no results. I changed it to look for 3 and got 2 hits within 2 days!
Problem though- MDE will not let me edit the party down. When I select modify and change the number of guests to one, it says there are no reservations available. Am I missing something here? It seems others have been able to modify the number with no problem.

This tip was a big help! I am going solo for work in 2 weeks and have had a reservation finder for 1 going for O'Hana for over a month with no results. I changed it to look for 3 and got 2 hits within 2 days!
Problem though- MDE will not let me edit the party down. When I select modify and change the number of guests to one, it says there are no reservations available. Am I missing something here? It seems others have been able to modify the number with no problem.
I was able to modify 3 to 2 with no issue. I personally hate calling but maybe that’s your best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter