O'hana question

justinmom

Earning My Ears
From everyones review, this restaurant sounds like one that you don't want to miss. I just have a question, is this the luau buffet?
Not really interested in a Hawaiian luau, plus we're not really buffet people. So, if it's not a luau, is the quality of the food good?

We went to Ohana in 1999. I found that some of the grilled/skewered meat was rather dried out. But that was 1999 and things are different- I would go again- fun place, but I would as for meat that was not well done (aka IMHO not overdone).

No this is not the Luau buffet. Ohanas' is a pre set menu that is brought to your table. It starts with bread, then side dishes (including salad with yummy dressing, chicken wings, green beans, fried rice, and won tons, I think), then they bring skewers of meat (pork, beef, shirmp, and turkey - I didn't think I'd like the turkey but it was great) that is grilled on great big open BBQs. After the meat they bring pineapple and carmel dipping sauce - it's fabulous. Ohanas is a MUST GO BACK for my family

A sidenote about the luau - it is not a buffet. I just thought I would let you know in case that was one of the reasons you are avoiding the luau.

Ohana's is all you can eat. When they bring these large skewers of meat to your table, they will ask you how much you want off the skewer and they will put it onto your plate.

Very good, very filling, very fun - We are going back in Sept. This is my husbands favorite restaurant (I love it too!!)

Have fun!!:wave:

Ohanas is a must do for our family each trip. We try new places each trip except Ohanas. We find the food there to be delicious. If you want your meat cooked a little less or more just let your waiter know there more than happy to help.

Ohana is a definite must. My 5 year old dd loved it. It was one of her favorites, she loved getting the snow cone in the sand bucket for dessert. We were just there in Oct. and are going again this July. The food was great and the atmosphere is wonderful. We actually had both dinner and breakfast there on our last visit and enjoyed it very much. The character breakfast was nice because it wasn't very busy so we didn't feel rushed.

::MickeyMo

Just thought I'd add - you can request refills of the appetizers as well as the meats. We always love the veg. and the shrimp wontons, and the grilled shrimp!! YUMMMMM!::yes::

One more vote for a must try!!!::yes::
We look foreward to gorging at Breakfast and Dinner this summer !:wave2:

The food is awesome and they have coconut races for the kids...great fun. DH's and my favorite restaurant. Kids liked it well enough. The food is a little exotic. You can request plain foods for kids like PB&J or mac & cheese, but we want ours to experiment. There was enough that they each found something they liked.

Ask for a window table for a spectacular view!

The BANG for your BUCK is almost unbelievable at this restaurant.

I have heard people complain about the food being dry.

That has not been my experience. This is an all you can eat meal. There is always plenty of food floating around. If you get a dry skewer, ask for a different one.

I would try and fit this one in no matter what.

o.k., now I am convinced too!!!! This is one of the few restaurants we have never tried.

That pineapple and caramel sound wonderful!!!!!

QBUSH
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Pineapple and caramel was the only disappointment to me. Pineapple not sweet, caramel too sweet and thin. Others have raved about it and I thought I'd love it because it's a combo of two of my favorite things. Maybe you have to get lucky with the ripeness of the fruit. Maybe justinmom can bring some pineapple pixie dust from the REAL Hawaii! There's a more elaborate dessert menu, but you must pay extra to order. Gonna try that next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter