O'Hana or Whispering Canyon for dinner?

maggieb9975

DIS Veteran
Hi all, 2 adults here who want a break from MK before the parades/fireworks. I can't decide between these 2 resorts. I also considered Artists Point but the menu doesn't really appeal....I also am considering Wave when it opens but for now would love some advice/comments as we have never been to either.

It is my DD 26 and self 50ish;) I would first like to know which is quieter of the 2 and any recommendations as to where to sit. We are not interested in all the hoopla as we don't have kids with us and are just looking for a quieter place with atmosphere away from the parks.

Thanks a bunch....

Thanks..yep I know they are not quiet and I am going to look at the Artist' menu again , but, if you had to choose, is one quieter than the other or have quieter spots?

If you want a quiet meal, I wouldn't choose either one. Between the two though, I'd pick 'Ohana. You won't be asked to shout out a big yeehaw there. Have you considered Kona Cafe at the Poly? The food is great and it is much quieter.

Kona Cafe? I am off to check it out..thanks..I did find some videos on Youtube and O;Hana does seem a bit quieter.....

I would say they are equally noisy, but both are very fun! Whispering Canyon can be annoying if you want to sit and have a conversation with each other. There are distractions going on all the time and the wait staff interact with the guests. They do some activities with the kids and they turn up the music so it does get loud.

Ohana is also noisy, but I'm not sure if that's only at certain times. Both times I've been, there has been a performer that interacts with the kids doing limbo and hula dancing, but for me this is really cute to watch, and not too distracting if you don't want to watch. I would pick Ohana over Whispering Canyon.

The food at both places is good, but I like Ohana better. Whispering Canyon is run of the mill bbq type food and Ohana offers a little different variety. Both are all you can eat.

You'll have fun wherever you end up!

IMO O'hana is not as noisy as Whispering Canyon. As the previous poster stated, the noise at O'hana is more of a background noise when periodically a performer instructs kids to hula, etc. Whispering Canyon involves much more distracting noise such as yelling. Also, IMO O'hana would be much more convenient for you regarding transportation: just hop on the monorail to the Poly from MK & vice versa to return. Traveling to Whispering Canyon involves a boat ride, whereby you have to wait for a boat which travels slowly.

Changed my mind again....

I just finished checking out Kona Cafe and I think it will be perfect for us....much quieter than O'Hana and I like the menu...so for now that's the place unless the Wave sway us ....thanks F1julie for the idea....

Kona is an excellant choice! IMO, 'Ohana service is horrible, we have had multiple very poor experiences there and will not return.

Now Kona, mmmmmmm:thumbsup2 Have not had a bad experience there:banana:

Changed my mind again....

I just finished checking out Kona Cafe and I think it will be perfect for us....much quieter than O'Hana and I like the menu...so for now that's the place unless the Wave sway us ....thanks F1julie for the idea....

Good choice....you will love Kona :goodvibes. It is a must do for us every trip. Both the prime rib and filet are awesome :thumbsup2.

Thanks again everyone...I am excited now about Kona...It is perfect for our needs...a nice break from park, good food and calm atmosphere....and I had never heard of it 'til I asked for help.....

I love the DIS...you are all awesome:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter