'Ohana New or Old menu

Which do you think you like better

• Old menu with Skewers and Noodles

Votes: 129 94.9%
  • New menu with Rice and Shrimp Casserole

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters
I won’t vote because the old menu didn’t taste as good to us as it should have. ( Our DGS who had picked the restaurant was disappointed as well.) Depending on price I would try the new menu once.

We've been to old 'Ohana multiple times and it's my kids' must do. I never had a bad food experience. I have had several mediocre service experiences, mostly along the lines of being rushed. For ex apps being dropped with no server return and then suddenly skewers are there. Or the server not refilling drinks.

One time we refused the skewers until our server returned with more apps. It took awhile but it was done. I think that in a lot of cases people have plans and simply can't wait for the server to return, to Disney's advantage. And I'm sure that will be in full effect once they reopen so plan accordingly and order strategically ('please no kielbasa, but more steak and chicken' etc).

Grateful the noodles are back. I'm very disappointed in a "shrimp casserole" instead of grilled shrimp (was looking forward to that!). The chicken will be fine if cooked well. Very disappointed in the bread. At least offer multiple types so folks that can't have cheese can still have bread. But why a dry biscuit? And I don't understand the keilbasa at all. At least SPAM is authentic.

Overall tho, bring back the skewers. The entire process has been cheapened dramatically. Fine if it's family style, can I just tell my server which skewer I want meat from and she can get it from the back? They're doing this for other dishes anyways. This way if people breathing COVID on the meat is a concern, we can still get a quality experience. It's the whole atmosphere, along with the food, that has cheapened. Very disappointed.

EDIT: I just googled "shrimp casserole". I'm seriously scared, and I love shrimp! One was even called dump and bake. :crazy2: Also usually loaded with cheese, which non-cheese people can't have.

The new entree selections seem like a considerable downgrade in quality. Sausage is one of the cheapest types of meat compared to the shrimp/beef/chicken they offered previously and probably there won't be a decrease in price. Makes sense in the days of covid to avoid table service from skewers, but I don't understand why they would stop cooking the meat on skewers then simply portion it out for individual table service. Just seems like a reason to downgrade the quality but still charge top dollar.

Shrimp casserole sounds like a noodle dish with a few shrimp added in.

I won’t vote because the old menu didn’t taste as good to us as it should have. ( Our DGS who had picked the restaurant was disappointed as well.) Depending on price I would try the new menu once.

There are actually 3 menus: The original one served through sometime in 2016, the one from 2017-2020 which was the prior one with quality severely cut and forced speed eating, and the newest one coming next month with some different options.

There are actually 3 menus: The original one served through sometime in 2016, the one from 2017-2020 which was the prior one with quality severely cut and forced speed eating, and the newest one coming next month with some different options.
Well from 2015-2017 they still had the quality menu but were perfecting the ‘bums rush’ style of service, i.e, check arrives with appetizers, no drink refills. Etc

The new entree selections seem like a considerable downgrade in quality. Sausage is one of the cheapest types of meat compared to the shrimp/beef/chicken they offered previously and probably there won't be a decrease in price. Makes sense in the days of covid to avoid table service from skewers, but I don't understand why they would stop cooking the meat on skewers then simply portion it out for individual table service. Just seems like a reason to downgrade the quality but still charge top dollar.

Gotta show Wall St that profits are growing at a double digit rate, especially since they already had their honking big layoffs. Even before the last of fulltime employees are called back weve got a restart on CP Disney’s source of cheap labor

Ha, this really drives it home. I was going to try and book for our late September trip but not interested at all in the new menu. I'll just go to Narcoossee's or California Grill.

Grateful the noodles are back. I'm very disappointed in a "shrimp casserole" instead of grilled shrimp (was looking forward to that!). The chicken will be fine if cooked well. Very disappointed in the bread. At least offer multiple types so folks that can't have cheese can still have bread. But why a dry biscuit? And I don't understand the keilbasa at all. At least SPAM is authentic.

Overall tho, bring back the skewers. The entire process has been cheapened dramatically. Fine if it's family style, can I just tell my server which skewer I want meat from and she can get it from the back? They're doing this for other dishes anyways. This way if people breathing COVID on the meat is a concern, we can still get a quality experience. It's the whole atmosphere, along with the food, that has cheapened. Very disappointed.

EDIT: I just googled "shrimp casserole". I'm seriously scared, and I love shrimp! One was even called dump and bake. :crazy2: Also usually loaded with cheese, which non-cheese people can't have.
I'm a big fan of shrimp and the shrimp skewers were one of the best things I've had. Wonder if they discontinued because I ate too much shrimp our last time at 'Ohana?

....which was the prior one with quality severely cut and forced speed eating,
You Disers are killing me today. I dunno I can't stop laughing. I agree though. But my husband and sons are extremely stubborn and they will sit at the table until they get what they want served. I am booking this for them while I will not be there because I know they will just sit at the table and wait!

I have the luxury of seeing reviews before my 60 day booking window opens up, but the new menu seems like a significant downgrade of the previous Brazilian steakhouse vibe. Roasted chicken and a shrimp "casserole"? I can buy a whole roasted chicken any day of the week as a loss-leader at my local super market. Shrimp casserole sounds disgusting.

AGREED!!!! Major cost cutter! I don't eat meat, and requested extra shrimp. A casserole with a few shrimp thrown in is unappealing to me. O'hana's is off the list for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter