Ohana & MK Parade

disneydee6

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about making our first try at Ohanas (I know, 7 trips and we have yet to try it!) Just curious if we make an ADR if one at 6:30 is too late to make it back to MK to see the parade at 9. We don't need great seats for the parade, standing and watching is fine. Don't know how much time we need for an ADR there and make it back, as we have never been. There are earlier times available that day, but we prefer to eat later. Thoughts?

I think you'll be fine with that time! Show up a little early and maybe they can take you a little early. This of course doesn't always happen, but worth a shot. And even if they can take you early, you can hang at the bar and get a delicious lapu-lapu :rotfl: Seriouslt though, I think you'll be fine. We felt very rushed when we went for dinner there. Great food, just felt rushed.

Thanks! I was surprised there were a number of available times for the day we are thinking of going considering I always see people on the boards not being able to get an ADR there. I would rather eat later there if I can, so I think we will go with that. What about a 7pm ADR?

I think you'd be fine with 6:30. 7 may be pushing it a little, but still do-able. When you're done with 'Ohana, just walk on the same level over to the monorail stop and get on the monorail. Getting back to MK from Poly is pretty quick normally, because the monorail delays tend to be at the TTC, which you won't need to stop at on the way to MK.

Getting to the Poly before dinner, I'd take the boat from MK. It's a short trip and not liable to be delayed. The monorail trip from MK to Poly can suffer lengthy delays at the TTC. The TTC has become a bottleneck, for all the monorail lines, in our experience the last few years.

Lol, I kept going to the restaurants boards being like where is the thread?? :rotfl: Oops! Sorry bout that!

I would choose 6:30 to allow for extra time if 'Ohana is running behind schedule or if the wait for transportation back to the MK takes longer than expected. I don't enjoy clock watching while I eat so I'd rather have a little extra time than have to rush through a meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter