Ohana means family

PrincessINTraining

Earning My Ears
At the Polynessian Hotel there is a restaurant called O'hana. It was the bets food I had my entire trip by far. The meal is all you can eat and about $30 so you have to come with an appetite. You start off with a loaf of pineapple bread that is to die for! Appetizers include broccoli, fried dumplings, lo mein noodles, chicken wings and a salad. The salad was a little dry for my taste but the rest of the food was phenomenal. It might sound like a weird mix of items but it goes together perfectly. The main dish is all you can eat grilled shrimp, turkey, pork and steak. They bring it out on giant skewers and go around the table and you can take as many as you need at a time. You can even ask them to cook the steak to your liking. The waiters are completely complimentary to your needs, especially with dietary needs. They call everyone "cuz" and make it a total family setting. Throughout the dinner there are shows by a Hawaiian performer who really gets everyone involved and excited, especially children. If you go at the right time at night, you can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks outside the windows surrounding the tables. It was just the best experience, with the best food and kicked my trip off right. I would suggest this for anyone with a big appetite who loves food, entertainment and a truly Disney experience! :lovestruc

I would love to go for dinner, we went for breakfast 2 years ago, however, Im a vegetarian and wonder if they would be able to offer alternatives for dinner??

We always kick our trip off with dinner at Ohana our first night...:goodvibes

We are going back in October and bringing newbies...I can not wait too take them too Ohana and I am trying too coordinate it with the Fireworks from MK.:cloud9:

The only down side is I eat way too much and just roll out of there and crash when I get back too the resort..:rotfl2: Oh well we are on vacation!!:rotfl:

Lots of walking planned at F&W the next day.

Glad you enjoyed it..It is my favorite of all at WDW.

Can't wait to try Ohana for dinner, we will be there in September! Now crossing my fingers for free dining :)

We'll be having dinner at Ohana also in May... I've heard great things about it! We have a 7:05 ADR but Im gonna ask to wait for a table by a window so we can catch wishes... Hopefully everything goes well!

My DH and i are thinking of trying Ohana's for the first time in October. Can you tell me if we would have to sit with others.... or can we have a table for the 2 of us? Not sure what family style means in this case. Thanks!!:thumbsup2

My DH and i are thinking of trying Ohana's for the first time in October. Can you tell me if we would have to sit with others.... or can we have a table for the 2 of us? Not sure what family style means in this case. Thanks!!:thumbsup2

You get a table to yourself.. family style means they bring all the dishes to the table, instead of each person ordering their own individual dish.

Ohanas (and Hoop-Dee-Doo) are the two places we've been to every trip to WDW we've made, and this tradition will definitely continue.. We love it!!!

And you can't beat the Lap Lapu, nor the shrimp... and the banana foster bread pudding at the end is legendary!!:love:

Trying to book a dinner here for our trip in 2 weeks and nothing is available. Any suggestions?? Tips? Is it better to call the reservations line? Should I try when we get down there?? :confused3

I tried too get something around 8pm for our October trip calling 180 days out and all that was available was an 8:50!!!:eek: Already almost booked up can you believe it....

So I went on line and I had more choices...an 8:15 pm showed up so I grabbed it....:thumbsup2

So I would check both ways...Ya never know...Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter