Ohana for breakfast or dinner

We've never done dinner, but we have always had a great breakfast there. In fact, its one of our favorite character meals. I think the kids would really like it!

We've done both, and the answer is hands down breakfast for us. The dinner was not worth it to me. We were disappointed with the food after all the hoopla. I almost decided not to try breakfast there, but I am SO glad we did! I love the breakfast potatoes they serve and everything else was delicious as well! My dh actually chose this as his birthday breakfast for our upcoming trip!

We just checked out and had Ohana for breakfast, amongst several other character breakfasts and we were quite disappointed. The Polynesian is beautiful and I'm glad we got to see it but it won't be on my list for a return breakfast. My husband and I are big breakfast eaters but were surprised at the limited selection. Not worth it IMO. Didn't compare to all the other amazing buffets around.

I prefer breakfast. Dinner was terrible from the food to the entertainment (which was on the tacky side). Breakfast however has yummy food and really friendly characters! Love Stitch especially!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

meggiebeth said:
I prefer breakfast. Dinner was terrible from the food to the entertainment (which was on the tacky side). Breakfast however has yummy food and really friendly characters! Love Stitch especially!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I agree 100%. Dinner sucks. Breakfast rocks.

EDIT: Oops! Didnt realise I already posted on this thread. Lol!

My dinner there was great. Food was delicious and server was attentive.! Can't speak to breakfast there, but IMO disney overcharges for breakfast. It amazes me how many ppl spend so much on eggs and waffles...so inexpensive to make.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

There's clearly a variety of opinions posted here, to help you decide consider:

Dinner
- i thought dinner was great! I loved the variety of meat and flavor. Dessert was wonderful!
- my kids 6 and 9 didnt like anything they brought to the table
- if your child doesnt like dinner, ask for something more kid friendly, they made chicken fingers and hotdogs for them
- my wife said every type of meat they brought was cold. I agreed, but it didnt bother me

Breakfast
- my wife and kids all liked the food
- the characters were fun
- at $25 per adult, it was a little expensive
- while it is all you can eat, there is a lag time between servings, so its tough to eat alot without getting full
- there is better variety at other breakfast buffets... Boma comes to mind as being exceptional
- its a fun experience! Beautiful resort, fun leis, characters

Honestly, most folks seem to really enjoy both meals. Whichever you pick, enjoy! Chances are you'll love it!

We ate there for dinner with 9 ppl 2 were kids 6 and 9 they ate the food and had a blast with the kid activities they do for them great fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter