Ohana- First Dinner Experience

I went to 'Ohana for ym first time last November and had a so-so experience. everything was going pretty good (wasn't absolutely thrilled by anything) until they brought us out chicken that was still raw in the middle. That made me lose my appetite real quick.

I would defintiely give it another go sometime, just not going to go out of my way to go there.

Got it booked in March and looking forward to this one the most. I've tried every trip to book O'hanas and it was always too late or booked.

I think one of the tricks to 'Ohana is getting an early ADR.

We've always had ADRs before 5:30 (easier said than done as the early ADRs go fast) and have always had very good food and service (for example, have not experienced the dry meat that some complain about).

Nope. Not true. My ADR in August was at 520pm. Even thou we got seated promptly, the food was not good. Steak was poor quality and dry. Wings were slimy. Chicken was good. But the pork was horrendous! Never again to be honest. Glad I tried it, but I wont be rushing back.

:upsidedow

MickeyGs said:
We also loved it and I'm always shocked by the negative reviews. We tried to book for this trip but its crazy how packed it is and had no luck.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So sorry you couldn't get an ADR. I agree about negative reviews. So many different tastes in food. In my opinion, if a meal appeals to someone they should try it, not everyone is going to like every restaurant. I am a fan of Ohana.

I too am glad to hear such a positive review as we have never been and I'm planning on it for our trip in August. I want the kids to go somewhere that is fun and that they will remember.

Ohana is easily in my top five restaurant favorites (if not higher) on property, but unfortunately not the case for DW, DD10 and DD8. Seriously, who doesn't love meat on a stick?! It's the American way!

I felt I had to post our experience as I'm sure others were/ are as nervous about it as we were. I think we got lucky with the last minute reservations (we got 7 pm) as the 24 hour cancellation policy for some restaurants opens the door for a lot of last minute (within 24 hours) reservations. We were also able to get a couple last minute character meals b/c of this.

In terms of the food & service, we were not expecting exceptional...but in the end completely felt that's what we got! We have been on the other side of the fence before too...as we walked into Le Cellier last year expecting utter amazement and left thinking it was just plain "good". Maybe we would have thought Le Cellier was better if had we expected less????

Any who, Hubby & kids thanked me for talking them into 'Ohana. A definite WIN in our books :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter