Ohana breakfast and Tonga toast

Hyonlyf

...always with a book...
Hi everyone!

I have a reservation for an Ohana breakfast next month, yea :) I was wondering if it would be possible for me to order some Tonga toast? Of course I expect it to be extra and am willing to pay for it, just wondering if it is something I can do as I have always wanted to try it!

I don't think they will allow it, but it never hurts to ask. :thumbsup2

If they cannot accomodate that, you could always stop by Captain Cooks, the counter service location downstairs, and pick some up. They serve it there as well. :goodvibes

The answer is kind of iffy, but it never hurts to ask. You can order tonga toast at 'Ohana, the same way you can order 'Ohana bread pudding at Kona. Kona and 'Ohana share a kitchen, depending on how busy either, or both restaurants are, sometimes they can accommodate it and sometimes they can't. That being said, I've always had pretty good luck with my requests. They've only said no a time or two that I remember.

Thanks, I figured it was hit or miss, but I am going to ask. Can't hurt ;)

Joyce

That's a great idea!! We're having breakfast at 'Ohana for the first time in May so I will definitely ask. :thumbsup2

Carla

IF you can get Tonga Toast, it is not all you can eat and you will be charged for it on top of the Ohana price.

Just so you are prepared.

The Tonga Toast is available at Captain Cooks. It's about 1/2 the price of Kona. It's unlikely Ohana would be willing to serve you the Tonga Toast, but it never hurts to ask. If you really want to try it, pop over to Captain Cooks before or after your meal.

I keep reading all over the boards that Captain Cook's has Tonga Toast for half the price of Kona, which is technically true...but kind of not. They do have Tonga Toast, but it's not quite the same. Also, there's no strawberry sauce, and without it, it's just kind of...banana stuffed fried bread. I guess if it's Captain Cook's or nothing, then it's an acceptable substitute, but not 100% comparable to the original.

I would NOT ask for Tonga Toast at the Ohana breakfast. Are you staying near the Polynesian? Just get tonga toast another morning from Capt. Cook's. It's about $5 and you will be stuffed from it.

Other things to enjoy at the Ohana breakfast... all the usual eggs, breakfast meats, mickey waffles, etc... but it was ALL delicious. but most of all, Ohana's had the most delicious breakfast breads -- 1 was cinnamon-raisin, and the other was pineapple coconut. Trust me.... no room for tonga toast.....

I keep reading all over the boards that Captain Cook's has Tonga Toast for half the price of Kona, which is technically true...but kind of not. They do have Tonga Toast, but it's not quite the same. Also, there's no strawberry sauce, and without it, it's just kind of...banana stuffed fried bread. I guess if it's Captain Cook's or nothing, then it's an acceptable substitute, but not 100% comparable to the original.

That strawberry sauce, oh my, that is worth the extra. I wish I new how they made that stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter