Ohana and Wishes

Tiggerific04

DIS Veteran
I was going to ask on the Dining board, but since I know so many of you have had rehearsal and post-ceremony dinners at Ohana, I thought I would ask here instead :)

Say Wishes is at 10:00pm and we want to watch it during our welcome dinner at Ohana, what time should I make the ADR? There will be 14 people total. Would 8:30pm be too early?

I think it may be a bit too early. My experience at 'Ohana is that they always tend to rush you. Maybe they don't do this with large groups though, especially for RDs and receptions. Just to give you an example of how much they rush you, we had a 5:40 ADR when we were there in December and wishes started at 6:00 and we were already on to our meat portion. Good luck :)

We sat down right just before 8pm and were there just as wishes started... we watched it just before our meal was brought out :)

I've heard people say they do pipe in music but we were there on our last trip during Wishes and I heard a little of the music (none of the actual talking that is during Wishes) but the Hawaiian lady was in the middle of a song when Wishes started so she just kept singing through the whole thing. I've also heard they dim the lights but that wasn't done either when we were there.

me and DF went to 'Ohana back in December around 9:30pm...i think it was the last seating available. But it happend to be on a night that MMVMCP was going on, so MK had another Wishes show around 10 (give or take, i can't remember exactly what time it was, but it was right in the middle of our dinner). It was the PERFECT spot to watch if you get a good seat by the window, and they play the music that goes along with it on the speakers so you can hear everything! The only thing i wish they did was dim the restaurant lights a little during the fireworks but it wasn't too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter