Oh what the heck!

treehugger

Níl gach uile fhánaí caillte
I've been reading post after post of all you lucky folks who are going to the World over the Holidays. I have to admit I was just a tad :D jealous! Well sitting here tonight I thought "What the heck, what's stopping us from enjoying our favorite place on earth during our favorite time of year?" NOTHING! I called Disney and secured a room, booked our flights with Southwest and reserved FL Tours in a matter of 20 minutes! Life is good! See you all there!

Wow!! I'm jealous that you can just plan a Disney trip on the spur of moment like that. We get to WDW about once a decade and have been planning our upcoming trip for nearly 3 years!!!

When are you going to be there? Maybe we'll see you!!

Good for you! The best thing about booking last minute is that you don't have to wait long. Oh, how I love instant gradification. Ya only live once and it might as well be at Disney. ;)
Have a great trip!
Tara

Good for you, Treehugger:crazy: You've got one shot at this life - I say GO FOR IT!
I will be there and seeing Disney during the holidays for the very first time. I know it's going to be MAGICAL - it will also be wild for me to visit when it's not 95 degrees:earseek: I can't wait - I love to hear stories like yours!! Congratulations and have a wonderful trip!:wave:

Dirkus, we will be checking in on December 17 and leaving on the 23. I wanted to stay until the 26 but I think that my father and MIL would disown us if we weren't with them on Christmas Day. We don't have any children (just a neurotic yellow lab) so it's easy for us to do spur of the moment trips.

My DH is as exicted as I am, way cool! OUCH, I just pinched myself! Thanks for all of your nice posts!

We'll be there the 15th - 20th. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing with us also. Actually the weekend we came back from our last one we were calling about this one!!

I can't wait either!!

Treehugger, we'll be gone before you get there. Have fun!!!

(PS: I know about neurotic labs -- we have one of the chocolate variety!)

Those are our exact dates! We have Christmas Eve Eve (that's what we've always called the 23rd) with my parents and they would freak out if we even contemplated missing it! Where are you staying?

Well I originally booked the BWI until I saw the great rates at the Swan (I almost flipped) Needless to say that the $500 I saved at the Swan will go a long way for Christmas presents (for me of course!)

Good for you treehugger!!! I pretty much did the same thing a couple of days ago.... except that for me it's much easier since I drive up (no flights to book). We go to Orlando every Christmas and stay at my parents, but I decided to call and see if I could get an AP rate for a few nights and I got one at WL! So now, I'm inviting my family over for Christmas dinner instead of having my daddy cook like he always does...

Originally posted by treehugger
I've been reading post after post of all you lucky folks who are going to the World over the Holidays. I have to admit I was just a tad :D jealous! Well sitting here tonight I thought "What the heck, what's stopping us from enjoying our favorite place on earth during our favorite time of year?" NOTHING!

Ditto! I was sitting home last night telling DH how much I wanted to go back. We just got back 3 weeks ago but we went without our little boy. :( We were both saying how much we wanted to take him back and what a better time than Christmas. We haven't made all of our final arrangements but I'm so excited!!!

lucky you!!! i was saying the same thing to my bf last night......whats to stop us from taking a long weekend and flying down??? we have an AP so tickets are all set and the rates seem very good, all we would need is flight and food and we would be set!!!!!!! i think you may have just inspired me to go the distance too!!!! thanks for the post!!!!

congrats to you!!!!

Originally posted by treehugger
I've been reading post after post of all you lucky folks who are going to the World over the Holidays. I have to admit I was just a tad :D jealous! Well sitting here tonight I thought "What the heck, what's stopping us from enjoying our favorite place on earth during our favorite time of year?" NOTHING! I called Disney and secured a room, booked our flights with Southwest and reserved FL Tours in a matter of 20 minutes! Life is good! See you all there!

Good for you! Our Christmas trip was sorta last minute too, if you consider October last minute! Actually, I wandered into the DVC Rent/Trade board, saw someone looking to rent points during Christmas, and since this is when my DD and I always wanted to go, I said why not? Can't think of a better Christmas gift for either of us!

We'll be there 12/19 - 12/23, also because my family would have a group stroke if we missed Christmas Eve with them!

Have a magical Christmas ;) :wizard:

oh i so wish i could do that. i was watching christmas at disney the other day and i want to go so bad at xmas time. if i could get off of work, i think i would book. airfare dropped to $96 RT (which includes tax and fees) so i have till like midnight tonight to grab the airfare deal. oh boy! what to do? my boss just left for the day so too late to request time off. maybe...maybe...maybe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter