• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh my freakin' heck

When I see the words “company finance issues” I am reminded of an incident that happened where I worked many years ago. We were given our paychecks as normal, but someone in accounting told our manager that people should cash their checks that day, and specifically to cash them, not deposit them. So he let our whole department go to the bank where the checks were issued and cash them, even though it was during business hours (he was a great manager, for many reasons). Turned out, the company filed for bankruptcy after the stock market closed that day, and anyone who hadn’t cashed their check became part of the bankruptcy proceedings. That was a very close call for us, and a major headache for the people who didn’t take the time to cash their check that day.

Turns out that manager had heard rumors that a bankruptcy might be in the works and he had everything lined up to start his own business, and he took all of his department with him. We worked for one company on Friday, and a totally new one on Monday.

I hope your check comes through as planned.

I am due to be paid on the 30th of the month and need the money to, uh, live. The thing is though, I wasn't paid last month due to company finance issues, so I'm kinda of in arrears. I need this pay cheque!

Fingers crossed my employer pays me this month!
I really hope that you receive your wages. Are you a union member? They will assist you in this situation.

Have you looked into the pay frequency requirements for your state? At the least, an employee must be paid monthly. Your employer is violating the law by not paying you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter