Oh How my mind is going...need help please

wdwgirl1970

Earning My Ears
So I am as you all know planning my trip for 2023, I have 6 adults and two children 6 and 3... Should I go with staying at the value and paying for three separate vacation packages or stay at one of the two bedroom villas? Looking to plan wisely with our budget I was looking at the tree house villas can I stay there even if I am not a DVC member? what to do what to do

You can book a Treehouse Villa without being a DVC member. They sleep nine. Master bedroom has one queen and attached bath. Second bedroom has one queen with shared bathroom. Third bedroom has a set of bunk beds (smaller than twins). Living room has one queen sleeper sofa and one twin sized sleeper chair. You are allowed one vehicle to park at the THV; all other vehicles can park at the Grandstand area.

You can book a Treehouse Villa without being a DVC member. They sleep nine. Master bedroom has one queen and attached bath. Second bedroom has one queen with shared bathroom. Third bedroom has a set of bunk beds (smaller than twins). Living room has one queen sleeper sofa and one twin sized sleeper chair. You are allowed one vehicle to park at the THV; all other vehicles can park at the Grandstand area.
Definitely do this.

So I am as you all know planning my trip for 2023, I have 6 adults and two children 6 and 3... Should I go with staying at the value and paying for three separate vacation packages or stay at one of the two bedroom villas? Looking to plan wisely with our budget I was looking at the tree house villas can I stay there even if I am not a DVC member? what to do what to do
You can book a THV with cash if it is available. It’s not guaranteed that they will be since DVC members get first crack at them but they tend to not be as popular as other DVC villas, so there’s a good possibility that you will be able to book one for cash.

THVs are very remote from the rest of SSR and very rustic. You can catch a bus that runs internally thru the resort or walk about 5-10 minutes to the bus stop where you can catch another bus to the theme parks. They are not convenient to quick service or the feature pools but they do have their own charcoal grill and there is a small quiet pool. Access to Disney Springs is easiest via boat.

They are elevated one story above ground, so if any of your party has mobility issues, be aware that you must climb stairs unless you book a HA THV, which will have wheelchair ramps.

They are an octagon shape, which makes for rather oddly shaped rooms. The master bedroom is relatively large but the other two are very small. I would not expect adults to sleep on the bunk beds. They are smaller than regular twin beds and not very comfortable. Kids probably would be okay with them. But that means that two adults are going to end up sleeping on the sleeper sofa or sleeper chair, with no privacy.

Bathroom usage can be an issue if you have a houseful given that one bathroom is only accessible by walking thru the master bedroom. If the guests occupying that room are sleeping, dressing or otherwise using that room, you’re down to one bathroom for everyone else.

I have to say that of all the DVC rooms I’ve stayed in (and Poly DVC are the only ones I haven’t tried), the THVs have been my least favorite due to both location and layout. You pretty much need a car if you’re staying there. It’s very dark at night and reminded me of a cabin in the Poconos. But my brother owns at SSR and loves them. So they do appeal to some people.

I think it depends on the makeup of your party. Are the 6 adults all extended family? Is it two parents with 4 adult children? The 2BR villa will give you the least privacy and people will have to share the bedroom with two beds. Also less storage space. The three rooms at a value will give each person the most personal space, along with 3 bathrooms which I find is crucial for getting out the door in the morning. However, there's no guarantee the three rooms will be next door to each other. They will likely keep you in the same building if they can, but may be down the hall or the floor above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter