• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh great, now I'M confused about the dress code

branv

<font color=blue>The safety feature in my parents
Dang it, I thought I had it worked out :p

I absolutely plan on and look forward to adhering to the dress code...my strappy heels are ready to roll!

However, I saw this on the shorts post:

"On 4-night cruises:
· First night: cruise casual — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
· One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
· One "dress-up night" — jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
· Final night: cruise casual — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops"

The reason this confuses me, was I thought that how you dressed was determined by the restaurant, not the day (all except Pirate Night)? I mean, if I were to get TAPP, Tritons being on the "First night: cruise casual — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops", I was under the impression that Tritons was nicer dress then the other two rotationals? And vice versa if you have Parrot Cay on a "dress up" night?

*bowing head in shame* I'm just so confuzzled.. :confused3

Yes it all depends which night you hit Tritons. If it was the 3rd in your rotation then you would adhere to the dress code of the restaurant. If not it is the same as the other restaurants. So you have a 1 in 3 chance of actually needing a sport coat, according to suggested dress code. I have been though the same thing on the Magic and now don't even bother packing a sport coat for my husband. On the Magic we dress for formal and semi formal and for the rest dockers for DH, capris and sun dresses fit in fine. We are on the Wonder this year because the Magic in in Ca. and we will not be packing a sport coat for DH. We do not do Palo so no jacket is needed there, we take our GK's and the whole idea of the cruise is to spend time with them.

I think originally it was set up that way where you dressed up in Triton's and were more casual in Parrot Cay ... but that didn't really work because, for example, formal night (the night they show the Golden Mickey's award show) has to be the same for the entire ship, not just those dining in Triton's. Same with Pirate night. So the dress code goes by the theme of the night, not which restaurant you are in.

I hope this makes sense. Yes, the decor in Triton's is more formal than Parrot Cay ... so what I do on casual dress days is that I wear the more dressy of my casual clothes when I'm in Triton's. But the actual dress code is the same.

Ok, now I gotcha! I was just on the DCL website about an hour ago, and it's still popping up in the tips section that jackets are recommended for Tritons. Can't say their web people are doing the most thorough job of it.

Tritons is a nice occation to dress up. First night is always more casual as not everyone has had their luggage delivered yet and first seating diners may not feel like they have plenty of time between the sail away party and dinner to really gussy up. So its sort of a compromise situation.

Even when jackets were recommended in Tritons, they were not worn by everyone - I only cruised once, but I'd say half or more of the men weren't wearing jackets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter