Oga's Party Size Question

BenC07

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

New to forum so I apologize if I am re-visiting treaded grounds. But I am trying to get a group of either 6 or 8 into Oga's on 10/25 Monday. I have alerts set on ************ however when it finally triggered this morning after waiting for two weeks for anytime that day for a party of 8 they were gone even though I immediately jumped on it. Anyways! I decreased party size and managed to snag a group for 4 at the very least if nothing else. I will continue to be on the look out for that party of 8 reservation but in the meantime has anyone ever increased the party reservation by one or two? Is that even a thing? I know the tables at Oga's are usually standing/bar area/or relatively large ...but I would think adding one or two would be possible if I ask the hostess early in the day if I don't manage to snag an 8 top by then. I know increasing parties is generally frowned upon but given the "bar style" of Oga's I was wondering if there is any flexibility here.

Thanks!

Hi all,

New to forum so I apologize if I am re-visiting treaded grounds. But I am trying to get a group of either 6 or 8 into Oga's on 10/25 Monday. I have alerts set on ************ however when it finally triggered this morning after waiting for two weeks for anytime that day for a party of 8 they were gone even though I immediately jumped on it. Anyways! I decreased party size and managed to snag a group for 4 at the very least if nothing else. I will continue to be on the look out for that party of 8 reservation but in the meantime has anyone ever increased the party reservation by one or two? Is that even a thing? I know the tables at Oga's are usually standing/bar area/or relatively large ...but I would think adding one or two would be possible if I ask the hostess early in the day if I don't manage to snag an 8 top by then. I know increasing parties is generally frowned upon but given the "bar style" of Oga's I was wondering if there is any flexibility here.

Thanks!
Whenever you do your online check-in to a restaurant, it asks for your party size, so you can just put the correct amount in at that time. It'd be better if you found a res for 6, but really shouldn't matter. They'll seat you based off how many you put in on the online check-in

Whenever you do your online check-in to a restaurant, it asks for your party size, so you can just put the correct amount in at that time. It'd be better if you found a res for 6, but really shouldn't matter. They'll seat you based off how many you put in on the online check-in

Wonderful, thank you! Yes I will continue to look out for the correct party size reservation but in the mean time just to calm my nerves this makes me feel better that if I show up with this current reservation that all is not lost and not completely hopeless. Thank you!!!!

Wonderful, thank you! Yes I will continue to look out for the correct party size reservation but in the mean time just to calm my nerves this makes me feel better that if I show up with this current reservation that all is not lost and not completely hopeless. Thank you!!!!
Be aware that when I’ve done online ADR checkin, the app has asked for number of adults and number of children and has told me how many total people I could enter. Sometimes it’s allowed me to add one person, sometimes two, and sometimes none. So it’s not guaranteed that you could add anyone.

Be aware that when I’ve done online ADR checkin, the app has asked for number of adults and number of children and has told me how many total people I could enter. Sometimes it’s allowed me to add one person, sometimes two, and sometimes none. So it’s not guaranteed that you could add anyone.

Good to note. I am still trying to get the appropriate reservation size however Oga's especially for larger sizes seems to be quiet the challenge.

Meanwhile for Homecomin I had the opposite issue; we are a party of 2 and they only had reservations for a party of 8 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is online check in? We haven’t been back since covid but heading down next month.

OP, I’ve had good luck altering my reservation with the hostess at Oga’s.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is online check in? We haven’t been back since covid but heading down next month.

OP, I’ve had good luck altering my reservation with the hostess at Oga’s.
When your reservation is at about 20 minutes out, you'll get a notification from the app saying it's time to check in. Just go into the app from the notification. It'll ask you to check in, ask you how many are in your party and if you have and special events. After you finalize, you'll wait a little longer for a notification saying your table is ready. You can head to the host/hostess stand at this point to be seated.

When your reservation is at about 20 minutes out, you'll get a notification from the app saying it's time to check in. Just go into the app from the notification. It'll ask you to check in, ask you how many are in your party and if you have and special events. After you finalize, you'll wait a little longer for a notification saying your table is ready. You can head to the host/hostess stand at this point to be seated.
Wow, love it, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter