Ogas cantina

I‘ve been there twice, once at each park. At DL, our party of 6 were seated at a booth. At WDW, I asked for a table when we checked in because my knees were bothering me, there were 2 of us. We had to wait but were accommodated. You do have to share the booth.

Does a breakfast reservation at Oga's give you an advantage to getting a boarding pass to RotR and getting on early at Smuggler's Run? Going in June and have a 9:05 res at Oga's with a current 9am opening time of HS.

Does a breakfast reservation at Oga's give you an advantage to getting a boarding pass to RotR and getting on early at Smuggler's Run? Going in June and have a 9:05 res at Oga's with a current 9am opening time of HS.

I would think if anything that would give you a disadvantage with a 9:00 park opening. You'll be rushing to get to your ADR during the time everyone else is on their phone getting boarding groups. And you'll be at your ADR while the rope drop crowd is heading for Smugglers.

We just got back from WDW. About two months out I was able to randomly find a morning ADR. But when our plans changed a bit unexpectedly, I was able to change that ADR several days prior to the different day. So just keep checking! It can happen! And definitely don’t expect to sit in there.

I saw in January people waiting in line to go in so I guess they have a walk up line in addition to ADRs depending on the crowds? I didn't know you were assigned a specific spot but I overheard the CM's telling people multiple times before they took them inside they only had 45 minutes to order & have their drink.

I would think if anything that would give you a disadvantage with a 9:00 park opening. You'll be rushing to get to your ADR during the time everyone else is on their phone getting boarding groups. And you'll be at your ADR while the rope drop crowd is heading for Smugglers.
My thinking was to get in HS early (8:15) for our morning ADR, so we are in the park to get a boarding pass at opening. Then order a quick drink to go and get in line for Smuggler's Run before rope drop at 9:00. Do you think that would work?

My thinking was to get in HS early (8:15) for our morning ADR, so we are in the park to get a boarding pass at opening. Then order a quick drink to go and get in line for Smuggler's Run before rope drop at 9:00. Do you think that would work?

I'm pretty sure you don't get let in early for an ADR unless it's actually before the park opens. I don't see how you could get in, get a drink, and be in line for Smugglers BEFORE 9:00 when your ADR isn't until 9:05. But I'm not sure exactly how DHS rope drop procedures work now, so maybe someone else can help.

I saw in January people waiting in line to go in so I guess they have a walk up line in addition to ADRs depending on the crowds?
When we were there in October, you had to wait in line outside and a CM came by with a tablet to check you in. You then just stand in the line until you are called inside. To my knowledge, they are not taking walk ups yet.

I saw in January people waiting in line to go in so I guess they have a walk up line in addition to ADRs depending on the crowds? I didn't know you were assigned a specific spot but I overheard the CM's telling people multiple times before they took them inside they only had 45 minutes to order & have their drink.

We were there over MLK weekend. We had a reservation for 3 people at 5:30. You get in the line, they check you in and you wait to be called. They gave us menus so we could read all the descriptions before we ever got inside. We were called close to our reservation time. I think we were in line about 15 minutes before our 5:30 time slot. We were placed at the end of a standing "table", that was about a foot wide, 4 feet long. There were other people at "our" table. It was loud, it was fun. We compared drinks as the came out. Our server was great and didn't make you feel like you had to rush. You could order a drink "to go" you got a plastic cup. We ordered 1 set of drinks at the table and then a beer to go. My son (11), had a non-alcoholic drink. I would do it again. Basically it was happy hour with a bunch of people you don't know!

When we went in September last year, my 4 year old daughter was picked to be the "Chosen One" during a song/dance thing the CMs were doing. She was nervous and said she wanted her dad to do it instead but it was for kids only. She did enjoy the non-alcoholic drink and the non-alcoholic dessert offered on the menu. So there are fun things for kids in Ogas!

Also we did a walkup but it was during that 6-9 am extra extra magic hours time frame (not sure if they are still doing walk ups), and came back for our reservation later.

We were there on Sunday of MLK weekend. Crowds were high during the day, there was EMH at night. We were at Oga's around 7pm, the line outside Oga's was quite long but we were seated in about 15-20 minutes. However later in the evening during EMH they were practically begging people to come in and check it out. I'm not sure if that's typical on an EMH night, but it would be good to check if unable to secure a reservation earlier in the day. We loved it, super fun atmosphere.

When we were there in October, you had to wait in line outside and a CM came by with a tablet to check you in. You then just stand in the line until you are called inside. To my knowledge, they are not taking walk ups yet.

They take walk ups whenever the line for adr’s is short- so at some point pretty much daily they will take walk ups til the line is long again. I don’t think emh has reservations at all. The best chance for a walk up is first thing in the morning as people rush to rides, and in the evening during the night shows. However, if you’re in the area, just ask. You won’t know if they’re taking walk ups without asking. Last time we had a mid-afternoon reservation and the people who came up behind us did not have a reservation and were allowed to join the line. I don’t think they knew they timed it just right. :)

HS does not open early. The early, unadvertised openings only happened for a week or so after Rise opened. There is no possible way to rope drop an attraction with a reservation 5mn after open. People are let into the park anywhere from 30mn to an hour before open, but you can proceed only so far either on Sunset, toward TSL, or toward BSO before being stopped. Nobody has access to Oga’s before park open. It’ll
probably be more like 9:15 by the time you actually get there, unless you’re at the front of the crowd, as the cm walk the crowd towards MFSR very slowly.

We did it twice between January 10 and 18. The line is for adrs. You get in it and they come by and ask for your adr info. Them you wait until called. When we were there they would not guarantee a standby as it was always busy. One in you get placed in an area. We got two drinks both time and were never told our time was up. One time at bar and once at table. Fun but crowded. After two drinks you will have a hefty bar tab so it’s not like you could afford to spend hours there. It’s great to do and fun place. However don’t expect a traders sams type atmosphere as it’s pretty hectic and load. It is fun!!

I did not find it to be crowded at all with either of my reservations.

First time I was seated with a group of 8 and another single. Had a nice talk with them, and once they knew I was a park veteran the questions came quick.

Its really not a place for little kids, its a bar, its loud and not set up for strollers and kids will be bored.
That being said I had a blast.

Really liked to Bespin Fizz and T-16.

I've wanted to see inside here and try to Fuzzy Tauntaun when we go in Dec but based on these descriptions of the place I'm not sure how practical it would be for our group. We are a group of 10 with 4 kiddos in that mix. I don't see that working out for us in the tight quarters described here at Oga's Cantina. Needing ADRs for a bar to get a drink just may not be in the cards for us sadly. Maybe things will die down a little in the next 9 months.

No to ROR as the Boarding Passes start at official park opening time. Everyone is in the same boat there with no advantages.

As far as MFSR there is a huge line that they walk back to GE at park opening, so depending on where you are in line it may help. However, if park opens at 9 and your ADR is 905 then you will have no time to ride it before then. After your ADR it will be crowded back in that area.

When we there there the first week of December, a CM was calling out to to the passing crowd that they were taking walk-ups.

I've wanted to see inside here and try to Fuzzy Tauntaun when we go in Dec but based on these descriptions of the place I'm not sure how practical it would be for our group. We are a group of 10 with 4 kiddos in that mix. I don't see that working out for us in the tight quarters described here at Oga's Cantina. Needing ADRs for a bar to get a drink just may not be in the cards for us sadly. Maybe things will die down a little in the next 9 months.

There’s been kids in there every time I’ve gone. Not many, but some. While it is not designed with kids in mind, they are welcome. I don’t expect it to die down. It’s quite unique. A group of ten with kids is more likely to be placed at a sitting table. Personally I don’t think that would be as much fun, but if that’s what you want, you can request it and they will attempt to accommodate you. I prefer to be within view of Rex, whether bar or standing table. If there’s any huge SW fans in your group they at least should do it. It’s so well themed, it’s like stepping into a movie. You could also split the group in two, make two reservations at different times not including kids, and do your own child swap. :)

We were there January 14th. CMs offered us menus to look at when we walked by & asked if we wanted to get in line to go inside. It wasn't super crowded yet so even the line waiting outside wasn't very long (maybe 8-10 people).

There’s been kids in there every time I’ve gone. Not many, but some. While it is not designed with kids in mind, they are welcome. I don’t expect it to die down. It’s quite unique. A group of ten with kids is more likely to be placed at a sitting table. Personally I don’t think that would be as much fun, but if that’s what you want, you can request it and they will attempt to accommodate you. I prefer to be within view of Rex, whether bar or standing table. If there’s any huge SW fans in your group they at least should do it. It’s so well themed, it’s like stepping into a movie. You could also split the group in two, make two reservations at different times not including kids, and do your own child swap. :)

Most of us are huge SW fans so I'm sure we'll be doing it, just trying to plan for logistics for our larger group and this ADR seems like not an actual meal though, but that is fine too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter