• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Offsite maid service tips

vkasal

Earning My Ears
I know everyone uses the Mickey "Mousekeeping" envelopes for maid service at the disney resorts, but how much is acceptable for the maid service if we're offsite?

I tip the same amount regardless of where we stay. People usually recommend $.50 to $1 per person, but I usually tip about $3 for DH and I. $2 just doesn't seem like much of a tip.

You should consider tipping more if you're staying in a suite, especially if there are dishes to wash.

Is that per day? (Can you tell that I don't travel much? LOL)

We have a suite but it doesn't have a kitchen, only a small fridge and a microwave, so there won't be any dishes that need to be washed.

I just want to make sure we give the appropriate tip.

Thanks so much!

Yes, that's per day. It makes the most sense to leave the tip each day, since you may have a different cleaning person each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter