• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Offsite Hotels with transportation to Disney

Southerndisney

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney in December and we are looking for a suite hotel close to Disney that has transportation to the parks. Our kids are teenagers and our parents are elderly. Any ideas? Thanks

offsite transportation is not WDW transportation. It only generally comes a 3 or 4 times in the morning, same for the evening.

no leaving for lunch....

so if you want good transportation I would stay onsite at WDW - get a few rooms in the value - or a few studios at a DVC resort (you can rent from a DVC member).

plus for your parents WDW has FREE wheelchairs. the WDW bus can transport these wheelchairs without any problems.

now if good transportation is only for your kids - then I would consider the hotels over in LBV or DD.

here is DD
http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/
but sometimes the WDW value resorts are cheaper.

or in LBV

Sheraton Safaris is not far.
Cypress Pointe, County Inn are both close too.

your kids could walk to DD and catch a WDW bus there. However for elderly parents this is too far to walk.

anyway you can get a rental car or van? Otherwise I would reconsider staying offsite.

The downtown Disney Hotels have regular transport to Disney Parks. Roughly every half an hour throughout the day and until a whils after each park closes. :cool1:

JMHO but I would never stay at an offsite hotel without my own car (actually, I wouldn't even stay onsite without a car). If renting a car is not an option for you for some reason, I'd have to recommend staying onsite, as much as I greatly prefer the offsite accomodation options.

I stay offsite at the villa and have never driven in Florida.
There is a daily shuttle from my community.
But if there is 5 or more of you,its just the same price to get a txi and can pick and choose your own times.
Not been a problem for me and my two toddlers and have never spent more than we would hiring a car.

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter