Offsite Fireworks Viewing

Maddysdaddy

DIS Veteran
Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for locations offsite to watch the fireworks. Going in November with my daughter (now 18), but it looks like the only night there is (may be?) fireworks is the evening we fly in, so rather than wasting a day's worth of our tickets, I have done a bit of research and it looks like there are some hotel rooftop bars/restaurants that claim to offer "great" views of the fireworks. Any thoughts/experiences would be very much much appreciated.

Desert Inn and Suites has a really great rooftop viewing area, but if you're not staying there then I recommend the bar at The Grand Legacy. They'll usually have bands playing.

You can also view them from the esplanade between the two parks (maybe enjoy dinner in DTD or some such beforehand too depending on when your flight arrives). There are usually quite a few people watching from there.

Top level of the Mickey and Friends parking garage has good views. Fun to see the fireworks over Galaxy's Edge from there.

I saw the fireworks from our room (#304) at Hyatt House. We were on the third floor facing the park. If you are on the 4th or 5th floor, I can only imagine the view is even better.

As we were leaving DCA one evening, we saw a lot of people watching from the Esplanade. I guess that would be my primary option (spend a few hours on DTD and go to the Esplanade to watch from there as someone suggested above).

We've watched from the esplanade and also from Downtown Disney. There's a bridge on the Disneyland Hotel end of DTD, we watched from there.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I’m wondering more about hotel restaurants/bars, as by the time we get from LAX to the Hotel Indigo (Harbour/Katella), we’re going to be tight on time. I see that there was a suggestion for the bar at the Grand Legacy, which looks like it might work, but anywhere else in the immediate vicinity? This is our first ever off-site stay, so I’m not at all familiar with the area.

—————-
Edit: and now I see that the rooftop bar at the Grand is closed on Sundays, so that’s out.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I’m wondering more about hotel restaurants/bars, as by the time we get from LAX to the Hotel Indigo (Harbour/Katella), we’re going to be tight on time. I see that there was a suggestion for the bar at the Grand Legacy, which looks like it might work, but anywhere else in the immediate vicinity? This is our first ever off-site stay, so I’m not at all familiar with the area.

—————-
Edit: and now I see that the rooftop bar at the Grand is closed on Sundays, so that’s out.
Probably your best bet is to watch from the esplanade, then. There aren't alot of restaurants overlooking the park. There are places like Denny's, McDonalds etc. but those are one story so there wouldn't be much of a view. Most of the hotels that claim to have fireworks views are talking about watching from your room, or the breakfast room area. Some might have a rooftop view but only for hotel guests.

—————-

There's Parkestry at the JW Marriott and RISE at the Westin which is behind California Adventure. I recommend RISE because it's a more unique angle and the food at the Westin in general tastes better than at the JW Marriott but Hotel Indigo is close to the JW Marriott. Check opentable to see if they have any reservations available for the day you want to go.

Neither of those rooftop bars has the music from the show though unlike the Fifth bar at Grand Legacy.

There's Parkestry at the JW Marriott and RISE at the Westin which is behind California Adventure. I recommend RISE because it's a more unique angle and the food at the Westin in general tastes better than at the JW Marriott but Hotel Indigo is close to the JW Marriott. Check opentable to see if they have any reservations available for the day you want to go.

Neither of those rooftop bars has the music from the show though unlike the Fifth bar at Grand Legacy.
Appreciate the suggestions. Parkestry doesn’t have any availability, but I was able to get a table at Rise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!