Offsite equivalent to club level stay?

barefootMom

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
I recently stayed just one night at Grand Floridian in a club level room. We absolutely loved the experience and did not do the parks while we were there because we wanted to enjoy the resort and lounge (and food offerings). Since I know many people have talked about other concierge levels at name brand hotels being superior to the club level Disney offers (sometimes at a fraction of the price), I was just curious which hotels those are at in the Orlando area??

We have stayed at GF, and also liked the JW Marriott (no CL though) and adjoining Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes.

We stay CL at WDW, but when we stayed at JW, we couldn't justify the going price of CL at the Ritz. Instead we enjoyed all the shared amenities and just ate in the restaurants.

Between GF and the JW, we liked the JW's lazy river and poolside games better.

They also have farm-to-table dining, and you can tour their little farm. No view of MK, but view from our room view was very pretty. Also fairly close to Universal and the MCO airport.

Actually, we didn't have time to take advantage of all the amenities!

Oh, the 3 deluxe Universal hotles all have CL's. I wouldn't say any of them is the same as GF, but we enjoy all 3. In some ways GF Is better, in other ways the US CL's are better. Slightly depends what you like about GF CL. The Universal deluxe hotels all offer better park-to-hotel transportation, and you have a great deal more freedom to eat as you please. I'd also say, in some ways the CL food is better at Universal, though not as fancy as GF.

Four Seasons is superior in every way to Disney Deluxes - room furnishings and size, service, hotel amenities. The FS pools (lazy river, splash pad, adults only pool, infinity pool, etc etc) are a destination in and of themselves, you get full access to the spa facilities whether or not you book a treatment, you have access to the free kids' club for ages 4-12, a clubhouse that is filled with video games, rock climbing wall, basketball courts, water slides - you could easily spend a week never leaving the resort and never get bored. The restaurants are fantastic too and Capa overlooks all parks from the 17th floor so you can watch the fireworks every night even if you don't get a theme park view room. Prices are comparable to Disney Deluxes, often lower, and they offer free busing to and from all the parks.
All of this being said there is no lounge serving free food and drinks like there is at RPC, but a standard room at the FS is much cheaper than a RPC room (we have gotten them for between $450-550, depending on time of year).

It is worth noting that most hotel chains including most of the reputable luxury hotel brands are no longer offering a "club/concierge level" or "executive level", this is an old-school concept that is rapidly disappearing from the hotel industry. With that said, the most comparable options to a Disney Deluxe Resort Club Level experience would either the Waldorf or the Four Seasons (links below), both of which could be considered superior to a Disney Deluxe Resort experience.

Waldorf Astoria Orlando:
http://www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com
Four Seasons Orlando:
http://www.fourseasonsorlando.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter