Offsite and checking in LATE Yes or No

Forevermarypoppins

DIS Veteran
I just booked at the HGVC Tuscany for a week in May, 2020. Check in is 4:00. Almost always we fly early and arrive at MCO around 10:30 ish AM. If that is what we do ( and that is what I want to do-early flight) we will go straight to WDW for the day and evening.

In anyone's experience, please share your check- in experience. I'm assuming our check in will be around 11:00pm, maybe sooner, when we finally arrive to the resort. I have stayed here before and know that all the good parking will be full. :(

If there is a real good reason to check in around 4 to 5 please share. I know that IF we do that, we'll never turn around and go back to a park for the evening.

THX!!

I have not stayed at this particular location. But as a frequent user of hotels in the US (even some HGVC locations), I can tell you there is no expiration of how late you can check in. Your ressie should be linked to a CC & they will bill you first night fee & cancel the remainder if you simply never show. Or, they will bill you when you do show & check-in, either way they are taking your $$ that first night. They don't care when you check in, which is why they staff front desks 24/7. In the hotel world, 11pm is not "late."

Can you check in online? Several hotels we stay in offer ability to unlock doors via app (disney included). Nice little bonus and you can avoid the desk.

99% of the time we travel as a family, we check in super late. We tend to leave after school and wait out traffic, putting us at our destination well after dark or even after midnight. No traffic, kids can sleep, etc.

I have some friends, that always try to get the earliest flight when they are coming to see Mickey and the Gang... They have gotten into a routine, they pick up their car, go to breakfast at their favorite spot, right now that's Hash House A Go Go... and then she drops her DH and DS's off at Bass Pro Shop, and she and her DD hit the outlet mall across the street, the guy's wander over later on, and shop at the outlet too, then they will have a late lunch or early dinner somewhere, hit Wal-mart and Publix... for grocery, snacks, and sunscreen, bottled water... then go and check in... get the DVC set up, hit the pool, grab something for dinner or just snacks, then relaxing, and head off to bed early... So that they are ready, and rested for the next day... For her and her family she says that it works it gives then time to relax before hit the parks... and get in that Disney state of mind... they normally come for 10 to 12 days, and she does more shopping at least twice... Where they live its like around 4 hours away one way to the nearest mall, so she does alot of her shopping here... she even mails boxes of stuff back home to her mom house, which is on the same property, so that they don't have to wrestle with extra luggage and such...

You could just head straight for the parks, for a while, then after 4 or 5 or even dinner go and check in and then call it a night...

Never stayed at the place you are (sorry, never heard of it), but we've done "late check in" plenty...both at WDW and I do it often on other trips. If they have 24 hour check in available, it's a non-factor, so you should be fine.

if it makes u feel better - call the resort and have them note you arw going to be checkhing in after 10pm

HGVC = Hilton Grand Vacation Club
Thanks for replies.
I have to give serious thought to doing a short day at WDW on arrival. I thought more and arrival day would be the best day to hit PUBLIX to fill up the kitchen and fridge.
My standout concern IF checking in late is: what if there is a problem with the room ( as in anything).

HGVC = Hilton Grand Vacation Club
Thanks for replies.
I have to give serious thought to doing a short day at WDW on arrival. I thought more and arrival day would be the best day to hit PUBLIX to fill up the kitchen and fridge.
My standout concern IF checking in late is: what if there is a problem with the room ( as in anything).

A problem with the room at 4pm is the same as a problem with he room at 11pm...except maybe you're less tired & more patient at 4.

You will still be contacting desk for maintenance or a room change. Just because its 4pm doesn't mean there's another room to move you to. If this really concerns you...don't check in at 11pm. Done!

Double post

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter