Official Wine & Dine 2018

Anyone waiting to see how we will "link" our registration to MDE? I'm a bit nervous on this...MDE and I aren't the best of friends....

I'm so curious to see how this plays out! I have a love/hate relationship with MDE so being able to link it, and possibly registering through it is definitely intriguing!

Anyone waiting to see how we will "link" our registration to MDE? I'm a bit nervous on this...MDE and I aren't the best of friends....

Nah not nervous at all. I really don’t think it’s going to matter, I think it’s just going to be something you can do.

I'm not too worried. While Disney IT leaves a lot to be desired I have not had many problems with MDE. I am prepared for them to announce what we need to do and not have it work for a few days so I'll put on my patience pants that week.

SWA has a fall sale as of this morning, so double check your flights. I was able to get a better fare for our flight into MCO. Our return flight sadly didn’t change.

This is why we drive. Yes, it's a long day there and back (9-10 hours depending on stops), but I can rent an intermediate right now for $179, and the gas will cost less than $100. On occasion we'll splurge for the flight, but only if we catch one of the deals. I'm surprised by the SWA prices for the flight down this year.

And I think MDE gets a bad rap. I can't tell you how many times I've had to have hotel room keys recoded, and that's a system that does ONE THING. MDE tracks room, meals, fastpass, payments, flight, friends/family connections, photos, integrates into a mobile app, and tracks your location inside the parks. The problems I've had were quickly fixed and minor. I've never had it not open my hotel room door, or lost a reservation. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Last edited:
I just bought my flight on American. I cannot believ how much it cost me, but SW flights only went up with their sale for me so I just bought the flight from the closer airport so I can save on gas and parking.

This is why we drive. Yes, it's a long day there and back (9-10 hours depending on stops), but I can rent an intermediate right now for $179, and the gas will cost less than $100. On occasion we'll splurge for the flight, but only if we catch one of the deals. I'm surprised by the SWA prices for the flight down this year.

And I think MDE gets a bad rap. I can't tell you how many times I've had to have hotel room keys recoded, and that's a system that does ONE THING. MDE tracks room, meals, fastpass, payments, flight, friends/family connections, photos, integrates into a mobile app, and tracks your location inside the parks. The problems I've had were quickly fixed and minor. I've never had it not open my hotel room door, or lost a reservation. Maybe I'm just lucky.
I don’t mind MDE but it crashes often for a system that does track everything. Just about a week ago the system was down and people couldn’t book dining and Fastpasses. Disney trains their guests they need to book x time in advance and then Disney’s system is down which then upsets a lot of people.

I just bought my flight on American. I cannot believ how much it cost me, but SW flights only went up with their sale for me so I just bought the flight from the closer airport so I can save on gas and parking.
I went and looked at SW today and yep they went up. I’m amazed really. The day after I need to come home is less of course.

It spent almost $1400 on flights on a 2 day trip to WI this summer. If it wasn't for an important wedding, I would have probably cried more.

MDE is awesome when it works right. In the last 2 weeks I made FP for an upcoming trip and it took 3 devices and over an hour to get things scheduled. This is normally a 10 minute job. Currently my husband is locked out of his mde account as are many others according to FB. When it works its golden.

• October 29 to 31: Hanson
  • November 1 to 2: NEW! High Valley
  • November 3 to 4: Taylor Dayne
  • November 5 to 7: Boyz II Men
  • November 8 to 9: The Hooters
  • November 10 to 12: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

I woke up all excited to see the W&D info released for when I am there. Then I checked my email and saw that Frontier changed my flight out and wouldn't arrive until 5pm. So that was a no. Called ready for a battle but Frontier was really great when I called and explained why that wouldn't work they refunded my ticket with no fee and gave me a $75 voucher for future travel. At least my flight home is still good. Now to find a new flight...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter