OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

Thanks so much for the pics!!! They were great. Where did you get the costumes for the girls? thansk!!!

Thank you! My oldest daughter's costume is one we bought a few years ago from Kmart for a Pirate Party. We added those straps b/c the off-the-shoulder part didn't want to stay in place and could be a bit revealing when she moved sometimes. My youngest daughter didn't want to do the Pirate's League unless I found her a pink pirate costume :rolleyes: I think I bought it at buycostumes dot com. I waited until I had an online coupon & I think I got 15% off. I also bought my oldest daughter's necklace & bracelet (skulls) there. She thought they were cool! Of course, I didn't realize that they got a bracelet at the PL, but it's still nice to have the accessories in case the kids need to dress up another time.

I had heard there was a new Pirate Goofy meet.
He looks great!

Is he only for guests who use the Pirates League?
Or can anyone swing by for a picture?
And where exactly is he located?

I had heard there was a new Pirate Goofy meet.
He looks great!

Is he only for guests who use the Pirates League?
Or can anyone swing by for a picture?
And where exactly is he located?

He's for everyone! He was right next to the entrance to PL, which is right next to the PoC ride & gift shop!

We had a FANTASTIC time yesterday!! Really, it was a ton of fun!! I had Lonnie..who was hilarious, and my one son had Sonia who was great too.

Because I was getting done, I missed the names of our other two piratea ...Brenna?? My DD"s pirate was FABULOUS with her. He was excellent....as was Len at the door. And the pirate who did our namings..
30616_401646421229_670961229_4845935_1610027_n.jpg

30616_401647351229_670961229_4845991_1810711_n.jpg

30616_401647361229_670961229_4845992_4020776_n.jpg

(can't remember her name eithr)

30616_401647396229_670961229_4845994_6357307_n.jpg

30616_401648056229_670961229_4846038_580466_n.jpg

30616_401647406229_670961229_4845995_781209_n.jpg

EDITED TO ADD; we used pond's cold cream to get the boney makeup off ;)

It looks like you and the kids had a lot of fun. I might have to make an appointment for myself when my kiddos get pirated.

Well, I did it. My TA set up an appointment for me to become a pirate along with my kiddos.

What costume options are avaliable to buy for adults, if any? Also, does the Garb shift come with the hat/wig? Thanks! I'll be doing this in a week with DS. Can't wait!

GOOD NEWS - TPL will be open until 8pm on MNSSHP, with the last appointment at 7:30.

What costume options are avaliable to buy for adults, if any? Also, does the Garb shift come with the hat/wig? Thanks! I'll be doing this in a week with DS. Can't wait!

See the first page. No, the hat is separate.

GOOD NEWS - TPL will be open until 8pm on MNSSHP, with the last appointment at 7:30.

Thanks for this info. I just canceled our Tuesday ressies for Sept 14 and rebooked for Sept 18. Now my brother can join us for the league and then the party. Its going to be a blast.

For those interested in costumes, buycostumes.com has a Disney licensed Jack Sparrow costume for $17.99. I ordered it earlier this week, but today if you enter the code "clear40" it drops it down to $15.78 TOTAL, with shipping!

daisy37 - I'd definately try calling back - PL is definately open later on MNSSHP nights. ;)

I just called and spoke with a very helpful pirate. I managed to get an appointment for DD at 5.30pm on 3rd October before we attend that evening's party. pirate:

Let me start by saying I am not blaming PL Cm's but I just did this a week ago and felt it was waste of money THAT day.
My makeup lasted maybe 20 min, my lip gloss was off my lips in 5 min
My BFF makeup lasted maybe 30 min
MY Dear Nephew got the multi eyed pirate and his eyes were peeling before we even left PL.
Now I will say It was hotter than hades day we did it, ( I believe it was record settting high day) and we were sweating standing still. I do think makeup would have set better if we had been given a wet wipe or a wash cloth to wipe our face prior to experience starting.
I had fun but guess I'm too much of a princess to want to do it again. I was also bummed about lack of pictures ( which I knew about no PP before hand). I have some but not many d/t lighting issues
BFF said she had fun but was bummed about makeup not lasting, She loves bandana though.
DN said he had fun and wants to do it again but would choose a diff face.

I also felt CM's (all three) didn't really get as into pirate role as I'd have expected. I have done BBB mutiple times and really felt like princess afterwards.

I was told when I made ressie that there would be special Bday pirate surprise for me as we were celebrating my BDay, I still don't know what that may have been as I didn't get or see anything different than BFF or DN. I don't really care but when you are sorta promised something you kinda look forward to it.
We didn't get sahes, were we supossed to?

My feedback is I may do again when it's not so hot and hope the heat just fogged my experience, I'd tell Cm at check in I want fun experience, and hope for best.
We were told about pirate parade but we bailed from MK right after experience d/t crowds and by 4p makeup was nonexistant on all 3 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter