Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, one consideration for starting it during the slower season is that they'll have a chance to work out some of the bugs before the crowds get too large to manage if major things don't work the way it's planned on paper.

I foresee this line becoming a 4am line starter, lol. I feel for the parents, but can you also imagine the shape these tykes are going to be in by early afternoon if they have to stand in line at 4am to get signed up! I don't know what the solution is, but I've got a bad feeling about this.

This is one way to ensure my kids will never do JTA. There is no way myself, my husband or our kids are going to be in line at 4am! We have a hard enough time making rope drop if we don't have an early ADR. I think it would be a pity to encourage this on a regular basis. I understand the line up for SWW because it's a limited time thing, but all the time? Seems way out of control to me!

This is one way to ensure my kids will never do JTA. There is no way myself, my husband or our kids are going to be in line at 4am! We have a hard enough time making rope drop if we don't have an early ADR. I think it would be a pity to encourage this on a regular basis. I understand the line up for SWW because it's a limited time thing, but all the time? Seems way out of control to me!
I really don't think it'll happen and if it does there's going to be looooong lines at Guest Relations.

Well, one consideration for starting it during the slower season is that they'll have a chance to work out some of the bugs before the crowds get too large to manage if major things don't work the way it's planned on paper.

I foresee this line becoming a 4am line starter, lol. I feel for the parents, but can you also imagine the shape these tykes are going to be in by early afternoon if they have to stand in line at 4am to get signed up! I don't know what the solution is, but I've got a bad feeling about this.

The kids won't be standing in line at 4 AM. A parent will go out there and hold a space and the kids will show up later, before the line starts moving.

Here's a TBT of DH & I. We may remind you of another couple.
luke-leia.jpg

Thanks for the help with my email situation. However, both boxes are checked, in fact they have always been checked since I first looked.

Thanks again.
I wish I could debug this one for you. All I know is it's pretty wide-spread. Someone on the Tech/New Board forum was saying that they had to respond to an email from disboards and it didn't work on two of their email providers so they switched to gmail and got it to work. I'm not sure what was going on there.

That's great! Next time we'll say hi. They are always easy to spot.
They'd love that....the first time kinda freaked them out....I dropped them off and went back to the house but was texting them off and on....they were telling me how long the lines were, etc...and I was relaying some of that information to DIS......and someone asked me if the girls were wearing Star Wars outfits and turned out the girls were just a little behind them in line. They were going to go say hello......I realized I probably should let the girls know a stranger was about to know their names....but before I texted they'd already met. The girls, being the polite little ones I taught them to be :hyper2:, pretended like they had a clue what was going on....then texted me like OMG someone knew who we were. After that several other DIS folks recognized them by the photos we were posting and either greeted them or reported back on DIS they had seen the twins. VERY fun for them thinking they were famous or something. :lovestruc

We're working on a few more outfits because they loved the recognition (and as twins who always dress alike, they always get a little more attention because they just stand out)...but they were a little embarassed that they were wearing the same outfit every Fri/Sat/Sun (we were there for 4 of the weekends last year). We washed them regularly, but still, wearing the same outfit...eww. I don't think we'll have 15 Star Wars outfits, but hopefully we'll have 2 or 3 more so at least each weekend they can wear something dfferent each day. I'll try to remember to send photos so ya'll can go pump up their ego, lol.

It was actually fun to recognize some of the people from the photos they posted here....the girls talked with yulilin3's daughter and saw her quite a few other times and several other people too. And cheered for several in the parade. It is a lot fun

Hi there I'm hoping to get a little input on crowds for SWW. We normally avoid HS on these days because we have zero interest in most of what goes on and try to go on lighter crowd days. Well, we made our ADRs before realizing it was SWW and we are set to go to HS on the Friday the very first day of the first SWW. Now, TP has it as a level 3 and EasyWDW has it as the most recommended park that day.

But then I'm reading that the crowds start lining up hours before park opening and the park will be packed.

Anyone with first hand experience? I was going to try and do EMH that Saturday but figured it would be even worse. We don't have PH so we only have one HS day. How crazy is it going to be? The only Star Wars attraction we are interested in is Jedi Training. Will it be harder to get in for this on a SWW day?

TIA!

I'd love to see a larger picture. It's hard to make out in the avatar.
girls and Daniels 2012.jpg

This was the 2012 Star Wars Convention in Orlando. Anthony Daniels spotted them in line the first day and went to see their outfit and commented on the C3PO on it....and then both of the other days he also found them and stopped to talk to them.....they were the envy of everyone in line, lol. They were in the audience during his show and he asked for volunteers, they of course jumped up...and he made some comment about "oh of course the twins must come up". I was on staff and deserted my duties to get closer and take a video of their time on stage with him, lol. Shhhh don't tell anyone, I am hoping to get staff in Anaheim too. Actually the rest of the staff were snapping photos of them as well....it was just so much fun. (See the person behind them in the neon green shirt.....she was staff...all of us had that lovely neon shirt).

Hi there I'm hoping to get a little input on crowds for SWW. We normally avoid HS on these days because we have zero interest in most of what goes on and try to go on lighter crowd days. Well, we made our ADRs before realizing it was SWW and we are set to go to HS on the Friday the very first day of the first SWW. Now, TP has it as a level 3 and EasyWDW has it as the most recommended park that day.

But then I'm reading that the crowds start lining up hours before park opening and the park will be packed.

Anyone with first hand experience? I was going to try and do EMH that Saturday but figured it would be even worse. We don't have PH so we only have one HS day. How crazy is it going to be? The only Star Wars attraction we are interested in is Jedi Training. Will it be harder to get in for this on a SWW day?

TIA!
first your ziggy says you are coming in 2 months and 3 weeks? that's not SWW...there's no EMH for Saturdays during SWW so I'm not sure if you're reading your calendar wrong.
Now if you are coming for DHS May 15th (first SWW day) the park will be crowded but not to the extent that you can't enjoy it. JTA sign ups are very popular and you have to be at the park by 7:20am for the 8am opening and go straight to sign ups.

TIA!
Yes, it is more difficult to get Jedi Training on a SWW....but if they implement the different sign up procedure that is rumored, then no one will really know if it helps or hurts. My suggestion would be to get to the park at least an hour before opening (so probably 7am) regardless of whether they use the old or a new method to sign up. Last year I believe they had a line forming outside the park and were walked back to the sign up area. If you go to last year's thread named just like this one, but 2014, you can actually read people's experiences and see if there are any tips or tricks that might help you.

Friday is probably the best day of a SWW to go......most locals are working so they don't come in until Saturday and Sunday. People arrive at 4am (or earlier depending on the guest) to get in line for a pass to Meet/Greet/Autograph with the celebrity guests. Since you have no interst in meeting them, you have no need to worry about those lines. Honestly, I found the crowd levels AWAY from the SWW activites to be quite nice......so stay away from that area and you'll be fine. Star Tours is one of those rides I seldom get a FP for EXCEPT during SWW....so if you want to ride it, I recommend FP.

Enjoy your trip!

first your ziggy says you are coming in 2 months and 3 weeks? that's not SWW...there's no EMH for Saturdays during SWW so I'm not sure if you're reading your calendar wrong.
Now if you are coming for DHS May 15th (first SWW day) the park will be crowded but not to the extent that you can't enjoy it. JTA sign ups are very popular and you have to be at the park by 7:20am for the 8am opening and go straight to sign ups.

Ahhhh, you just made my day! My siggy is wrong. We are going a week later and I never updated it. But I'm reading the Easywdw calendar and since the weeks don't have a line beneath them when it printed I saw SWW on the bottom of each day and thought it was for the 8th and 9th not 15th and 16th. And I swore I confirmed it wasn't SWW too.

Thanks you!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter