OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

A lot of you are earlier than us. I will arrive on Thursday, 10/26, after hauling down from WI - DW and the kids show up Friday night by air. We all head home (them by air, me driving) on Sunday, 11/5.

Today's countdown activity is a 3D Rose puzzle (one of which I put together already cause there is no way 4 year old dd will be able to do it), some tea, and some "grey stuff."

Bet nobody can guess what movie we are watching :rotfl:

20170920_133653-2016x1512 (2).jpg

Checking in Sunday 10/29 leaving Sunday 11/5 in a Preferred (loop 100 requested) look for the A-frame popup. Bama Ed

Starting our trip with 3 days at Lake Louise State Park in site 2 from 10-6 thru 10-9 checking into the Fort on 10-9 thru 10-15. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Our dates are 10/9-10/12. We are tent camping, and so excited! 10/10 is a no park day for us. And we got our Magic Bands today!!

As of right now I have 3 sites, my sister, my parents and I will have Premium for 10/29 to 11/1. Trying to add the 28th and 27th daily.

I miss the grand gathering line to help with stuff when you have to deal with 3 bookings

Woo - Woo, just scored 2 more days at the Fort. So, our dates are Oct 1 - Oct 8 now. Almost as long as our Sept. reservations were ... good enough to give us plenty of time in the parks and in the Fort. After I found the 2 extra days and booked them, I called Disney reservations and merged the two to ensure we didn't have to move to a different site. Talked with a great CM and all went smooth as silk.

Last edited:
Well I am mostly done with cleaning the camper, unpacking the stuff we won't need, and packing the stuff I had set aside. Temps are still in the 80's here in Cincinnati, but are supposed to drop to the 60's by end of next week so as soon as the temps go down I'll get the laundry caught up and start packing the shorts. I have all the food but the perishables bought and packed so I think I'm overall in great shape for 12 days out!

Today's countdown activity is the movie Avatar which I haven't seen since it was in the theaters and the dd's have never seen. I was able to rent it from our local video store so thought we should see it ahead of our trip since I do have plans to go to AK and see the new stuff. Coming up with a themed activity was quite difficult for this one til I found these beauties- glow in the dark terrariums! The kids are going to love putting these together!

20170922_070041-1512x2016 (2).jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter