***Official March 2021 Thread***

Is it horrible of me to hope that by March the virus restrictions have been lifted, but also hope that enough people are still too nervous about travel and we have light crowds? My past few trips to Disney have been during some of the busiest times. It would be nice to have low crowds for a change.
That’s how I’m feeling too. My last trip was in August 2019 l. I didn’t want to go in August but we had to work around hubby’s work. It was crowded at MK especially but thanks to FPs we were able to do a lot even with the crowds. So I’m hoping that if it looks like it will be busy then hopefully they will have FPs by then at least.

My last trip was April 2019. I chaperoned my daughter's high school band trip. We hadn't planned on going to Disney World last year because we were going to go to Disneyland in June. When it was announced that the band trip would be Disney/Universal I had to let her go, and I, of course, had to chaperone too. It was quite crowded, but we had a great time.

Is it horrible of me to hope that by March the virus restrictions have been lifted, but also hope that enough people are still too nervous about travel and we have light crowds? My past few trips to Disney have been during some of the busiest times. It would be nice to have low crowds for a change.

I think that's you'd call "the sweet spot".

So I think I’ve decided I’ll book our flights down to Florida tomorrow. I decided to fly out of Nashville on Southwest. Even though Silver Airways flies out of the closer airport it makes me nervous because they only have one flight a day to Orlando and I don’t wanna risk the one going down there getting cancelled. I might book them for the flight home though since hubby and son in law said they would drop us off at the airport so I don’t have to pay to park there the whole week. That frees up the possibility of returning to a different airport and if we are going to try the cheap airline then I would rather risk it for the flight home then we would know for future reference if we like them.

We booked our flights today. We will be flying out of an airport 1 hour from where we live. It was $90 cheaper per person than flying out of our city. We fly American. The nearest Southwest is 2 hours from where we live and the flights weren’t low enough to justify the drive.

I booked airfare also. A lot higher than my original summer airfare, but I am just excited to be going. We fly SWA out of Houston, so I'll be watching closely to see if there are any fare drops.

I finally got all my crew to get linked in the MDE app. It's letting us choose a magic band color but I doubt we will actually receive them since those arriving after December 31st isn't suppose to get them. But its worth a shot putting them in just in case. Either way I have mine from last year I will have as well but no one else coming with me has any active ones.

I need to get ours put in too. I hope fastpasses are back online by March because I am worried about crazy crowds. The park attendance seems to be picking up already.

I still haven't booked ours. I told my sisters I was going to book and one of them said her hubby thinks her and my niece should fly too and the other one said if we were all flying she would too. Especially since she has credit for two different airlines from cancelled flights from when she went to NY to help out with all this Covid stuff (she is a nurse and sent to work for several weeks there). I'll probably still book from Nashville for the flight down and just go ahead and book return flight for there too. Hubby said he doesn't mind driving back there and picking us up and it's cheaper. I like Soutwest because we get 2 checked bags so I can pack a duffle bag just in case I buy my granddaughter too many surprises while there...LOL

I need to get ours put in too. I hope fastpasses are back online by March because I am worried about crazy crowds. The park attendance seems to be picking up already.

Me too. I don't mind crowds but its because we can still accomplish so much with FPs. If they don't have them back by then, I feel like we be spending a lot of time in lines I normally wouldn't wait in.

Just added my Magical Express Reservations. Plain bands are showing at $5.00 for me. Others range from $10 - $20.

I am hoping they add some more choices for magic bands. I know they are going to discontinue the free ones, but I am willing to pay a little to get a band I really like. I’m not too impressed with the choices right now.

Just added my Magical Express Reservations. Plain bands are showing at $5.00 for me. Others range from $10 - $20.

I had added ours a week ago (even though I know they are not doing complimentary ones anymore) and they showed free for me then. I am holding out hope that we get them but I seriously doubt we will. If not I will use mine from last year and everyone else can decide whether or not to buy one or just use their phone or plastic ticket (or whatever they will be giving out).

I posted in another thread several weeks ago, and assumed that I had missed an "official" March 2021 thread! Maybe I should have started it at the time....
We are going to be there March 13th thought the 20th. I am waiting for points to load on a recently bought DVC contract so our resort location is TBD.

I posted in another thread several weeks ago, and assumed that I had missed an "official" March 2021 thread! Maybe I should have started it at the time....
We are going to be there March 13th thought the 20th. I am waiting for points to load on a recently bought DVC contract so our resort location is TBD.

I added you to the list.
I just decided to start an official one because I like to have a place to chit chat with those going around the same time as me.

I heard that if you order one upgraded band and the rest plain, they will all ship together now and you will get the plain ones for free. I haven't tried this myself but if you're considering at least one upgraded band, it's worth a shot.

Hello Marchers! We were days within leaving this past March when we got word that Disney officially closed. Unpacking all of our luggage was SO tough! We rescheduled the March trip for June thinking it would be fine then - oh how we were wrong!!!! We also had another trip scheduled for the end of May which also got canceled. We moved our March 2020 trip to March 2021 and a few weeks ago cancelled it, and then I had major regrets and re-booked. So -- we are back to being March 2021ers! We will be at CBR March 18-26. The best part -- airfare is $600 cheaper this go around. :)

Hello Marchers! We were days within leaving this past March when we got word that Disney officially closed. Unpacking all of our luggage was SO tough! We rescheduled the March trip for June thinking it would be fine then - oh how we were wrong!!!! We also had another trip scheduled for the end of May which also got canceled. We moved our March 2020 trip to March 2021 and a few weeks ago cancelled it, and then I had major regrets and re-booked. So -- we are back to being March 2021ers! We will be at CBR March 18-26. The best part -- airfare is $600 cheaper this go around. :)
I was right there with you last March, it was painful...Glad you changed your mind!
I went a few weeks ago for 10 days, and today I just made reservations for Dec 5-10th. :)
Yes, it is different, but if you respect the rules, and embrace your love for WDW, it is still a great time! :earsgirl:

Added you to the list. Bummer on having to reschedule but yay on the cheaper airfare.

I'm assuming a lot will change between now and March so this is probably a moot question...

We are 198 days out which got me thinking...normally at 180 days out we would make ADRs. What is the current practice with ADRs? Is this still a thing???

I'm assuming a lot will change between now and March so this is probably a moot question...

We are 198 days out which got me thinking...normally at 180 days out we would make ADRs. What is the current practice with ADRs? Is this still a thing???

Ok -- I figured it out -- 60 days!

Ok -- I figured it out -- 60 days!

I think the 60 days is here to stay. They haven't confirmed that though. But that's how it's done at the CA parks and 180 days generates a lot of complaints. It's hard to figure out where you're going to eat when they haven't released park hours so you can plan your park days. IMO it's a good change!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter