OFFICIAL JULY 2009 THREAD!!! The wait is on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're taking the long way to Orlando (via Buffalo, NY & Harrisburg, PA). I get the house alone for 8 fabulous days & nights. :banana:

I might miss them a little. :)

By day 4 you won't know what to do with yourself:rotfl2:

Talked with my daughter yesterday about picking up the kids clothes today. We even talked about making sure they had sruff to wear tomorrow. Then today she reams me after reading an e-mail I sent to her because she said she had no idea I was going to pick up their stuff. She will not allow me to pick the kids up until 8PM tomorrow because she wants to say goodby to them but yet she scheduled an appointment to have her hair colored after work tomorrow.

She is mad because this is just stressing her out. This will be the last time I am ALLOWED to take the kids. You would think I could at least get a small simple thank you. But no I am getting yelled at! Go figure. We will be gone in less than 48 hours and then I will not need to deal with my daughter taking her stress out on me ever again! At least until we get home.

Lois
Sorry about your daughter, but hold on just a little longer and it will be nothing but fun, fun, fun:love:

9 to GO.....:banana::cool1:
only 5 hours of work left here:woohoo:

wow page 250!! let's see what happens... :surfweb:

look.at.my.ticker .... 3 DAYS!!! :cool1: .. i'm going crazy with excitement! i had loads of meetings at work today and i just kept daydreaming about splash mountain, wishes, the boardwalk, dole whips, soarin', crystal palace... :cloud9:
never mind, only 1.5 days of work to go!!

phoned wdw-play this evening to confirm timings for the Illuminations Cruise (we're all set MrsDisneyB2B - see you just before 8pm at the YC Marina!! :goodvibes)
also phoned the YC to confirm my room request - they had adjoining (that means next to each other, yup?!) + Boardwalk view noted :thumbsup2

then phoned my bank to let them know i'd be using my credit-card in orlando, so they mustn't block it!! ... funny, i was waiting for the bank-lady to say "have a magical day!" when we finished the call :rotfl:

the monorail is back up & running today :) .. so sad how young the monorail pilot was :sad2: ... i have avoided watching any videos of the crash scene, i hope disney gets them all taken off the internet, no one should have to see that. i can't believe people would stand their filming, and not help/move away to a safer place?! :confused3

Barbie princess: x x x

Ok, so I just went in for a trim on my hair...and the girl answered the phone in the middle of my haircut, came back and before I could say a word, cut a piece way too short and completely screwed up. To even it out I now have the shortest haircut I've ever had in my life!! I hate it.

Ugh when I think of what the pictures are going to look like.

But think about how much cooler you will be in the July heat/humidity with short hair... :cool2:

Talked with my daughter yesterday about picking up the kids clothes today. We even talked about making sure they had sruff to wear tomorrow. Then today she reams me after reading an e-mail I sent to her because she said she had no idea I was going to pick up their stuff. She will not allow me to pick the kids up until 8PM tomorrow because she wants to say goodby to them but yet she scheduled an appointment to have her hair colored after work tomorrow.

She is mad because this is just stressing her out. This will be the last time I am ALLOWED to take the kids. You would think I could at least get a small simple thank you. But no I am getting yelled at! Go figure. We will be gone in less than 48 hours and then I will not need to deal with my daughter taking her stress out on me ever again! At least until we get home.

Lois

I'm sorry, Lois. You would think she would be happy and grateful that you're taking the kids on such a wonderful, amazing vacation! Maybe she's just jealous. At least you won't have to deal with her while you're at WDW!

Would he wear headphones? If you have an Ipod or Mp#, you could hook up headphones to something he might like to listen to and drown the fireworks noises out..... Depedning on the heat, you might could get one of those little ear wrap things like a headband for winter, or a hat with flaps - Goofy ears maybe?

Just called Pop, and they have our request in the system for 60's 4th floor lakeside!!! :cool1: Also needed to request a bed rail for Sophie, but they said just to call down when we get there for that!!!!

Is this a great location?? I have been trying to decide which location to ask for when I call in. What do you suggest for someone who wants to be close to everything? I have a 1 year old and would prefer not having to walk too far but also not be in the loudest section. Know what I mean?

Is this a great location?? I have been trying to decide which location to ask for when I call in. What do you suggest for someone who wants to be close to everything? I have a 1 year old and would prefer not having to walk too far but also not be in the loudest section. Know what I mean?

I requested 60 building because it's nearest the kiddie pool, classic hall with the lobby is right in front of it, and I chose 4th floor lakeside to be quieter, less traffic, and not near pool. We'll see if I get it, and I'll let you know when I get back how it was. We have a 9 year old and a two year old. If you haven't been over to the POP board, it has tons of info!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1991543

OMG - It's Monday and Friday will be right around the corner! I have nothing done! DH took the suitcases out of the attic - that's it! I still have to pack for the 7 of us, and go to work 11 hours a day - YIKES!! I can't believe it is almost here!! All these months of planning and it seemed like it would never arrive!! I better get moving!!

My suitcases are still in the basement in their boxes and on shelves. You have to pack for all 7 of you? In my family, anybody 16 and older packs for themselves. My DS17 being a boyscout that camps once a month, is an expert packer. DH still has to go through his clothes, but we got him and DS new shorts at Eddie Bauer and LLBean. I went BACK to Eddie Bauer today and bought those plaid Bermuda shorts that I had to have... also found 2 tops while I was at it. I also called DD21 and she rushed over to have mom pick her up 2 really nice sleeveless tops for $4.99. I couldn't find any size 5T denim shorts for DD7 that didn't have double folded cuffs... but I got a white denim pair. We'll deal. I'm not ironing any more double folded cuffs! What were designers thinking? ! They weren't.:eek:

I heard they reopened the monorail. I heard they found a cause, but I have been out all day so I haven't heard any news on that yet. Just 5 more days!! I better get a move on!! :yay::yay::yay:

They reopened the monorail ? :cheer2:

yes....

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-disney-monorail-accident-070609,0,6419159.story :goodvibes

shows how efficient & professional disney is... if a train crashed in England, the line probably wouldn't reopen for a month :confused3

the reopening is good news for all of you staying at Monorail resorts :wizard: .. and i guess everyone staying on property, it must have caused a lot of strain on the buses yesterday.

ooooh yay it's nearly time for bed here.. then tomorrow it'll be just 2 SLEEPS to go!! :woohoo:

Barbie princess: x x

Lois

Unfortunately your daughter does not know how lucky she is. My mother (also named Lois) passed away 4 years ago and I would give anything to have her back.

I hope you have a wonderful time with your grandchildren and do not let her cause you anymore stress. You are very appreciated by the people on these boards, and while it is not the same as having your daughter appreciate you....at least you know there are people out there who do.

Yay!! Monorail!!!!

It probably will be the only time in my life I get to stay at a monorail resort.

I'm very happy.

I requested 60 building because it's nearest the kiddie pool, classic hall with the lobby is right in front of it, and I chose 4th floor lakeside to be quieter, less traffic, and not near pool. We'll see if I get it, and I'll let you know when I get back how it was. We have a 9 year old and a two year old. If you haven't been over to the POP board, it has tons of info!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1991543

Thanks for the info. This location does sound great! :yay: I'll request it too. I saw that you are going in 4 days. We still have 2 weeks. Please let me know if you get it and how it turns out!! :goodvibes

This thread has been closed by it's members. Please join us on the Part Two Thread!! Thanks Lois​

We're reaching the limit of page numbers, and wanted to start a new one before it got closed so no one gets lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter