*** Official January 2020 Thread ***

We are travelling from 24/Jan to 06/Fev (11 day at All Star Sports and 3 at Universal´s Endless Summer Resort). It´s my 8x at Orlando, but it´s the 1st time of youngest (3 years old). So happy! Last time was in 2015. We´re doing so many plans! Can believe that I´m gonna ride Test Track with him. He loooooooves car!! For this time, we are not going to rent a car. We want that our childs feel the magic since the fisrt moment at Disney Magical Express.

We are going with Disney Dinning Plan. We think it´s very worth it, not because of the value, but not having to worry about the cost of meals. Below our plans for WDW (some words are in portugueses. Sorry for that).

PS: sorry for my english! ;)

DataProgramaçãoOpenCloseBreakfeastLunchDinnerQuick CreditTable Credit
sexta-feira, 24 de janeiro de 2020Arrive at Orlando 06:45 p.mHotel1
sábado, 25 de janeiro de 2020Shopping:WalMart/Walgrens/OutletHotelOutletBoma11
domingo, 26 de janeiro de 2020Chef´s Mickey at 09:20Chef´s MickeyDowntownHotel11
segunda-feira, 27 de janeiro de 2020Magic Kingdom920RoomBe Our GuestQuickService2
terça-feira, 28 de janeiro de 2020Animal920RoomTusker HouseQuickService11
quarta-feira, 29 de janeiro de 2020Epcot921RoomSpace220Teppan Eddo2
quinta-feira, 30 de janeiro de 2020DHS920RoomMama´s MelroseStar Wars Land1
sexta-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2020Magic Kingdom(8) 920RoomTonysQuickService11
sábado, 1 de fevereiro de 2020Relax/Hotel/Disney SpringsRoomAlmoçar no hotelT-rex11
domingo, 2 de fevereiro de 2020Hotel/Shopping/RelaxTopolino´s TerraceDisney BoardwalkStory Book Dining-Wilderness Lodge2
segunda-feira, 3 de fevereiro de 2020DHS920RoomSci-fi DinnerQuickService11
LOVE the spreadsheet! I do the same thing.

We are booked at CBR 1/16 - 1/20
1/16 we will land at MCO before noon. We will Uber to CBR, not dealing with ME. We are trying to decide on 4 day hopper or no hopper tickets. This will be our 5th trip to Disney in 5 years. So we have seen a lot and have some favorites. I'm worried about not being able to see all of SWGE. My DH and DS don't really want to see the shows at AK again, so I feel like AK becomes a 1/2 park. I'm leaning towards the PH tickets, but on our previous trips its been 1 park per day with our arrival day as a relaxing, go to Boardwalk or DS., so I don't have any experience hopping. My DS is 11, we are early risers, and the only important ADR is Oga's, which I have one for Thursday (late afternoon) and one for Friday (late afternoon).
1/16 - HS
1/17 - HS early / hop to AK
1/18 - Epcot (our first trip), head to MK if they extend the hours (2019 it was open until 11)
1/19 - MK - flex to another park if we missed something
1/20 - flight home, no time for park visit

Looking for advice on the hopper. Are we using our time wisely if we park hop on a short trip?

1/16 we will land at MCO before noon. We will Uber to CBR, not dealing with ME. We are trying to decide on 4 day hopper or no hopper tickets. This will be our 5th trip to Disney in 5 years. So we have seen a lot and have some favorites. I'm worried about not being able to see all of SWGE. My DH and DS don't really want to see the shows at AK again, so I feel like AK becomes a 1/2 park. I'm leaning towards the PH tickets, but on our previous trips its been 1 park per day with our arrival day as a relaxing, go to Boardwalk or DS., so I don't have any experience hopping. My DS is 11, we are early risers, and the only important ADR is Oga's, which I have one for Thursday (late afternoon) and one for Friday (late afternoon).
1/16 - HS
1/18 - Epcot (our first trip), head to MK if they extend the hours (2019 it was open until 11)

Looking for advice on the hopper. Are we using our time wisely if we park hop on a short trip?
I know that many people think a hopper is not worth the extra cost, but even for a short trip, I always get it. I love knowing that if a park I planned to go to is more crowded than I expected, I can just hop to a different one. I also like to break up my day and do morning in one park and evening in another. I even like it just to have the flexibility for dining choices. I love eating in World Showcase and will hop there for dinner and the nighttime fireworks. But only you can decide if it's worth the extra cost. Hopefully, you will get some more opinions.

1/16 - HS

I'd vote yes for park hopper. Given the fact that you have a few things at each park you want to hit - flexibility to move around is important! Rope drop the two SWGE rides (and any other tier 1 rides you don't get FP for) on days 1 and 2 then move around as much as necessary!

I also agree with the PP, use epcot for meals.

Good luck and have fun!

My mother-in law is wanting to book a quick trip 12/31-1/5 2020. I am terrified of the crowds, since we usually go in September. I am trying to talk her out of it but it’s not working. Can anyone that has done FP for these dates give me a clue how availability is looking? I know FP will be critical but she hasn’t even bought the tickets yet. Any insight to what your seeing is greatly appreciated.

We will be celebrating our first trip without kids and staying at POFQ from Jan 26 - Jan 30, then hopping to BC from Jan 30 - Feb 1.
We attended the Arts Festival in 2018 and are so excited to be going back this time for the 2020 Festival of the Arts, but I am growing impatient waiting to hear about artists, Disney on Broadway, and the Dining Packages. Anyone have any idea of when those will be released?

My mother-in law is wanting to book a quick trip 12/31-1/5 2020. I am terrified of the crowds, since we usually go in September. I am trying to talk her out of it but it’s not working. Can anyone that has done FP for these dates give me a clue how availability is looking? I know FP will be critical but she hasn’t even bought the tickets yet. Any insight to what your seeing is greatly appreciated.
Hubs and I did a quick trip over NYE a couple years ago (oldest was in DCP progam that ended Jan4). I didn't plan fastpass nor ADR until a couple weeks before. The only thing I kinda stalked was getting a decent ADR for 12/31 in Epcot. Even managed to snag a FOP FP when hours were extended. It is insanely crowded but with just 2 of us - so much fun. However we'd been quite a bit by that point so we knew we didn't have to rush to see it all! Love the parks over the holidays!

I just did FP's for clients today traveling those dates. The main ones-SDD, FOP weren't available but otherwise availability was surprisingly good! Got them 7DMT, all the mountains, Na'Vi , TSM, Frozen.

My work trip to the World last month wasn't the best so DH and I are now doing a couple days in Disney after my work trip to Unjversal next month! Excited I'll be there again before January :goodvibes

Had a surprising good variety of FP for our last minute trip for 10. Didn’t get FOP, SDD, or SDMT (as expected), but everything else was available. Just hoping for a great time despite the crowds.

Had a surprising good variety of FP for our last minute trip for 10. Didn’t get FOP, SDD, or SDMT (as expected), but everything else was available. Just hoping for a great time despite the crowds.

What week in January are you going? The only FP I couldn't get was Flight of Passage, but that was expected (we will be in AK the day after arrival). All other FPs (Slinky, Seven Dwarfs, etc.) basically had open availability on all days. Jan 4th - 11th.

What week in January are you going? The only FP I couldn't get was Flight of Passage, but that was expected (we will be in AK the day after arrival). All other FPs (Slinky, Seven Dwarfs, etc.) basically had open availability on all days. Jan 4th - 11th.
We are a party of 10 12/31-1/5, I tried breaking it down to a party of 4 and still nothing, but I was still pleased with what we got considering everyone says it’s the busiest time of year. Fingers crossed your week is less crowded.

Just in case anyone here didn’t see, they’ve posted the schedules for the IFOA, though nothing is bookable yet.

Guess I need to bite the bullet and get my tickets. Fast pass day is quickly approaching and I’ve been holding off hoping for them to extend the Mid Day Magic tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter