Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I've never driven to the parks before. Can you tell me about how long it takes from the time you get to MK/TTC parking to the security check point? I have a 10:30am reservation at BOG. I want to give myself enough time to get there without rushing through main street.
As the 2 others shared above, it takes longer than many realize. Personally, if I wanted to be at BoG for 10:30 I would arrive at the MK parking booths at 9:00 at the very latest. You may end up with extra time on your hands or it may take all of that time to get there. Arriving at that time is prime arrival time for both onsite and offsite guests.

What time do the parking lots open in the morning? Is it an hour before opening/early entry time? Thanks!

What time do the parking lots open in the morning? Is it an hour before opening/early entry time? Thanks!
Generally yes but it's not always exact. DHS appears to open more than an hour before ETPE....some days.

MK sometimes opens earlier too as I'm guessing they may take into account the travel time required to reach the park.

What is the best walking route from Wyndham Garden LBV to the bus stop at Saratoga Springs, particularly in the morning before Disney Springs is open? I can see walking paths on the map but they appear to go a little ways through DS.

Ok, I think I know the answer to this one but haven't been in almost 7 years so need to verify. We are staying at POP and want to go to Port Orleans (for old times sake) and then take the boat down to Disney Springs. So I think I would take the skyliner to DHS, then take a bus to Port Orleans, correct? Then once we get to Disney Springs and to our thing there we take a bus back to Pop, correct? Or a bus back to DHS or any skyliner resort would work as well assuming we then get on the skyliner back to POP, correct?

Ok, I think I know the answer to this one but haven't been in almost 7 years so need to verify. We are staying at POP and want to go to Port Orleans (for old times sake) and then take the boat down to Disney Springs. So I think I would take the skyliner to DHS, then take a bus to Port Orleans, correct? Then once we get to Disney Springs and to our thing there we take a bus back to Pop, correct? Or a bus back to DHS or any skyliner resort would work as well assuming we then get on the skyliner back to POP, correct?
Yes, most of these would work for sure. The only one that doesn't work I crossed out as you cannot take a bus from DS to any park.

How to get to Ft Wilderness for the Hoop Dee Doo from the Contemporary/BLT? We have reservations for Sunday!

Walk to Magic Kingdom and take a boat from there. I don't think the direct boats from the Contemporary ("Blue Flag Launch") are running at this time.
OK, IF I have to walk that far, I will need an ECV. Will the boat handle it?

I suppose you could take the monorail to Magic Kingdom to shorten the walk. I'm pretty sure those boats will accommodate an ECV, but I'm not certain.

I suppose you could take the monorail to Magic Kingdom to shorten the walk. I'm pretty sure those boats will accommodate an ECV, but I'm not certain.
OK, I will ask at the desk before we set out. I will have a walker with me as well, so if we set out early enough, I could walk.
Thank you.

Yes, the boat from MK to Ft. Wilderness can handle an ECV. Sometimes they have two different styles of boats running, one of which can take an ECV and the other can't, but I think they mostly use the one that can accommodate ECVs, especially at times when they expect a lot of guests traveling to FW for the Hoop Dee Doo. In any case, I'd leave CR early - if you get to FW early, you can get a drink at Crockett's Tavern and sit under the trees!

Yes, the boat from MK to Ft. Wilderness can handle an ECV. Sometimes they have two different styles of boats running, one of which can take an ECV and the other can't, but I think they mostly use the one that can accommodate ECVs, especially at times when they expect a lot of guests traveling to FW for the Hoop Dee Doo. In any case, I'd leave CR early - if you get to FW early, you can get a drink at Crockett's Tavern and sit under the trees!
Thanks a lot! :thumbsup2 We’ve nothing to do that day before except to get to MK Guest services to activate the AP’s, and want to do that very early in AM.

What Disney transportation is quickest to make MK rope drop from Wilderness Lodge? It is our first time staying at our NEW HOME.

What Disney transportation is quickest to make MK rope drop from Wilderness Lodge? It is our first time staying at our NEW HOME.
I would say the boat, because it goes directly to MK. I believe there's a bus as well, but I'm not sure that it goes directly to MK as opposed to sharing with an additional resort. In any case, be at the dock/station around 90 minutes before Early Entry starts, if you want to be near the front of the rope drop crowds!

I imagine the bus would get you there earlier. I believe buses start running before boats in the morning, at at rope drop, they should not be sharing buses with other resorts.

We are planning to visit the Riviera resort/CBR and also ride the Skyliner on one of our non-park days. Would taking the bus from our resort (Contemporary) to Hollywood Studios to get on the Skyliner work, or is there a better way? Thx!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter