Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

So in 2 weeks, I'm staying at a Monorail resort for the first time ever (BLT). I'm looking for any helpful tips or info in transitioning from being a bus girl to a monorail girl. I'm not sure I've ever even ridden the resort monorail. LOL
A couple of things I'm definitely wondering - How early do I need to get to the monorail area for rope dropping MK and Epcot? Are the monorails crazy at park close like buses are? And one more, maybe stupid question, do you sit on the monorail or all standing (I have a knee issue and standing in moving vehicles is difficult for me.) And any other tips or advice is greatly appreciated!

So in 2 weeks, I'm staying at a Monorail resort for the first time ever (BLT). I'm looking for any helpful tips or info in transitioning from being a bus girl to a monorail girl. I'm not sure I've ever even ridden the resort monorail. LOL
A couple of things I'm definitely wondering - How early do I need to get to the monorail area for rope dropping MK and Epcot? Are the monorails crazy at park close like buses are? And one more, maybe stupid question, do you sit on the monorail or all standing (I have a knee issue and standing in moving vehicles is difficult for me.) And any other tips or advice is greatly appreciated!
Walk to MK for rope drop. The monorail takes a lot longer.
As for Epcot, my recollection is about 30 mins from the time you get on the monorail at Contemporary to getting off the monorail at Epcot, assuming you don’t have to wait for the Epcot lint at TTC.

Even staying at my beloved Contemporary we never used the monorail to go to/from MK. The walk is lovely and short and one of the best things about the hotel.

Is there direct boat transportation from WL to the other magic kingdom resorts or does one have to take boat to MK dock and transfer to another resort boat? Tia.

Is there direct boat transportation from WL to the other magic kingdom resorts or does one have to take boat to MK dock and transfer to another resort boat? Tia.

There used to be a boat that went in a loop from Wilderness Lodge to Contemporary to Fort Wilderness. That loop is not currently running, so at this point you would need to take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then boat, monorail, or walk to the magic kingdom resorts.

Is it possible to walk from Epcot to the bus stop at the Beach Club Resort without being a guest there? It looks like an easy walk from the International Gateway, but I don't see a way to get to the bus stop in the back of Beach Club without at least going through the hotel lobby.

Is it possible to walk from Epcot to the bus stop at the Beach Club Resort without being a guest there? It looks like an easy walk from the International Gateway, but I don't see a way to get to the bus stop in the back of Beach Club without at least going through the hotel lobby.
Anyone at all may enter a Disney resort so you're more than welcome to walk through the lobby of the Beach Club to get from International Gateway to their bus stop.

One of our favourite things to do on a non-park day is to visit a number of the Disney resorts. They're each so unique and beautiful!

What do you think is the best way to get from Beach Club to HS for rope drop? Do the boats run early in the morning or are we better off walking? Thanks!

What do you think is the best way to get from Beach Club to HS for rope drop? Do the boats run early in the morning or are we better off walking? Thanks!
As above, walking is better, although the boats do run in the morning. I’m not sure how early they start now - I’d check MDE when there - they do start before park opening.

Thank you all! I guess we better get up a little earlier! We have always taken the boat in the past but wasn't sure how much it was running.

If we wanted to go out for drinks at Jelly Rolls from CBR, what would be the best transportation options after Epcot is closed?

If we wanted to go out for drinks at Jelly Rolls from CBR, what would be the best transportation options after Epcot is closed?
The Skyliner should run for about an hour or so after Epcot closes. After that, Disney transportation would be bus from BW to DS then bus from DS to CBR. Your other option would be rideshare/taxi from BW to CBR.

Staying at boardwalk inn next week and thinking about a day at universal.

Should I try for a one day rental car or just take Lyft to universal? Where Do I get a Lyft at universal for return to boardwalk?

Staying at boardwalk inn next week and thinking about a day at universal.

Should I try for a one day rental car or just take Lyft to universal? Where Do I get a Lyft at universal for return to boardwalk?
I used Lyft to go from Uni to WDW. You get picked up/dropped off by the parking which is also the entrance to City Walk, IIRc

Any recommendations on how to get to the CCC (Car Care Center - Rental Car) from AK (Animal Kingdom)? I have a family of 4 (with strollers). Planning on leaving AK around 6PM.

Any recommendations on how to get to the CCC (Car Care Center - Rental Car) from AK (Animal Kingdom)? I have a family of 4 (with strollers). Planning on leaving AK around 6PM.
I know they will pick you up from the resorts but not sure about the parks. You could call and ask. If not, you could bus to a resort and schedule a pick up from there.

Does anyone know if busses are running from the parks to disney Springs? Specifically Animal Kingdom to Disney springs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter