Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

With the epcot monorail reopening, I would love feedback on getting from Boardwalk Inn to Ohana's for a 5:30pm reservation. Originally it was suggested taking a bus to MK and a boat to the Polynesian resort. Would you still recommend that? Thanks in advance!
That would still be the most direct route because the Boardwalk is at the back of Epcot and the monorail is at the front.

IF you have a park reservation for Epcot the day of your 'Ohana reservation or if you have park hoppers, there is a second option.

You could walk through Epcot to the monorail station, take the monorail to the TTC and then walk (if the Polynesian monorail station is still closed) to the Polynesian.

Taking the bus from Boardwalk to MK and boat to Poly is still your easier route I believe.

Okay, thank you so much. We are at Magic Kingdom that day but we planned on taking a mid day break returning either before Ohana's or after. Your suggestion definitely makes sense. You were the one who helped me in the first place. We will allow the 1 1/2 hours you suggested too.

Two questions.
Would anyone happen to know if the Disney Springs water taxis are back?
With an 11am EPCOT opening, when does the monorail start running?
:)

Two questions.
Would anyone happen to know if the Disney Springs water taxis are back?
With an 11am EPCOT opening, when does the monorail start running?
:)
The DS water taxis aren’t back yet. High hopes they’ll reopen soon after the Port Orleans resorts reopen, but there’s been no word from Disney on that. The Epcot monorail starts running 1 hour before Epcot opens (so 10 AM currently for the 11 AM opening) and stops running 1 hour after Epcot closes for the night.

We want to be some of the earliest arrivals at MK for a special day of celebration :hyper2:
One of us will be starting at the Dolphin & the other at Pop. (Our trip is about a week and a half before the official Oct 1st return of Early Entry.)
I'm not even sure if we should try to travel together. :confused3 Should we meet up before we start our trek, somewhere along the way, or just before bag check at MK?
What do the experts recommend?

We want to be some of the earliest arrivals at MK for a special day of celebration :hyper2:
One of us will be starting at the Dolphin & the other at Pop. (Our trip is about a week and a half before the official Oct 1st return of Early Entry.)
I'm not even sure if we should try to travel together. :confused3 Should we meet up before we start our trek, somewhere along the way, or just before bag check at MK?
What do the experts recommend?
Well, Pop bus will deliver one to just outside the MK entrance plaza security, and bus from Dolphin will deliver the other to TTC security. So the best meeting place is probably MK before the tapstiles - or by the flagpole inside!

The DS water taxis aren’t back yet. High hopes they’ll reopen soon after the Port Orleans resorts reopen, but there’s been no word from Disney on that. The Epcot monorail starts running 1 hour before Epcot opens (so 10 AM currently for the 11 AM opening) and stops running 1 hour after Epcot closes for the night.

Thank you! :-)

For any experts or those with experience - would it be quicker/more worthwhile going to and from BC/MK to walk to the monorail at Epcot or just take the bus? We had some bad experiences with MK busses recently and was wondering if the monorail would be an easier option.

For any experts or those with experience - would it be quicker/more worthwhile going to and from BC/MK to walk to the monorail at Epcot or just take the bus? We had some bad experiences with MK busses recently and was wondering if the monorail would be an easier option.
To get to the monorail from BC, you have to walk through Epcot. There’s no way to walk around Epcot. So Epcot would have to be your reserved park, you’d have to have hopper tickets, and the earliest you could enter MK would be 2 PM (catch the monorail at 1:30). Not very practical! From BC you could walk, boat or Skyliner to DHS, but then you’d still be taking a bus to MK.

To get to the monorail from BC, you have to walk through Epcot. There’s no way to walk around Epcot. So Epcot would have to be your reserved park, you’d have to have hopper tickets, and the earliest you could enter MK would be 2 PM (catch the monorail at 1:30). Not very practical! From BC you could walk, boat or Skyliner to DHS, but then you’d still be taking a bus to MK.
Yes - I should have clarified for a late evening hop. However, you also made me realize that getting there, may be easy but we would have to leave MK before closing to get back to Epcot before closing.

Staying at Swan, dinner on arrival day at Maya Grill at Coronado Springs, 7pm. I'm thinking the best way there is to boat from Swan to Hollywood Studios then take the bus to CSR. But if DHS is closed when we finish dinner, then would we need to uber back to Swan? I assume we can't take a bus back to DHS and then boat back to Swan.

Staying at Swan, dinner on arrival day at Maya Grill at Coronado Springs, 7pm. I'm thinking the best way there is to boat from Swan to Hollywood Studios then take the bus to CSR. But if DHS is closed when we finish dinner, then would we need to uber back to Swan? I assume we can't take a bus back to DHS and then boat back to Swan.
I don’t know what the Swan bus situation it to/from Disney Springs but is that an option? I’ve used that route in the past to get back to Pop but it may be different for Swan.

I believe boats run to/from DHS for about 1 hour after the park closes

Yes, post-dinner travels from one resort to another are difficult. The standard recommendation using Disney transportation is via DS, as above. The alternative is rideshare or taxi.

Can you guide me to the best way to get from POP to Trail’s End for 8am Breakfast reservation? Party of 10 so would rather not UBER

Can you guide me to the best way to get from POP to Trail’s End for 8am Breakfast reservation? Party of 10 so would rather not UBER
Unless your reservation is on a day that the MK opens at 8am I don't think you'll have any option except using a car service if you need to be there by 8am.

To get from Pop to Trail's End using Disney transportation:
- 15 min bus ride from Pop to MK
- walk to boat
- wait for boat
- ride to Ft. Wilderness
- walk to Trail's End

Unless your reservation is on a day that the MK opens at 8am I don't think you'll have any option except using a car service if you need to be there by 8am.

To get from Pop to Trail's End using Disney transportation:
- 15 min bus ride from Pop to MK
- walk to boat
- wait for boat
- ride to Ft. Wilderness
- walk to Trail's End
Thank you. We’ll probably have to split up and do 2 Uber’s

Someone check my logic here: I’m seeing Trader Sam’s is open at the Polynesian. I’m staying offsite (Cabana Bay), but will have a car. We’re only doing a day at Epcot, a day at Animal Kingdom, and a few random resort meals (Sanaa, Chef Mickey, Beaches and Cream) as far as Disney goes.

I could park at DS and do the bus thing... but I’m hoping to be a bit more efficient, especially if the wait for Trader Sam’s is too long and I can’t get in anyways.

So correct me if I’m wrong: On my Animal Kingdom day, with the park closing at 8, I could drive to the TTC and park (already paid to park at AK, so this should be covered). Then walk to the Polynesian.

(If there’s space, I can join the line for Trader Sam’s. If not, I can just grab a drink from the terrace, or get some dole whip or watch the electric pageant parade or something.)

Is this solid or am I doing something wrong?

Someone check my logic here: I’m seeing Trader Sam’s is open at the Polynesian. I’m staying offsite (Cabana Bay), but will have a car. We’re only doing a day at Epcot, a day at Animal Kingdom, and a few random resort meals (Sanaa, Chef Mickey, Beaches and Cream) as far as Disney goes.

I could park at DS and do the bus thing... but I’m hoping to be a bit more efficient, especially if the wait for Trader Sam’s is too long and I can’t get in anyways.

So correct me if I’m wrong: On my Animal Kingdom day, with the park closing at 8, I could drive to the TTC and park (already paid to park at AK, so this should be covered). Then walk to the Polynesian.

(If there’s space, I can join the line for Trader Sam’s. If not, I can just grab a drink from the terrace, or get some dole whip or watch the electric pageant parade or something.)

Is this solid or am I doing something wrong?
Your plan is fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter