Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

What is the best way to get from BWI to Riveria Resort for a breakfast reservation at 9am at Topolinos?
...one word of advice: make sure it's up and running first, while you are still at BWI. In April, we stayed at BWV and were doing the same thing. We walked all the way to the Skyliner to find out it hadn't started running yet so we had to walk all the way back to BWV and caught the Friendship to DHS. By that time, we were able to board the Skyliner from DHS, which went to the Riv.

Good afternoon,

I wasn't sure where to ask this.
But on an upcoming day trip we plan to start at DHS then park hop using the skyliner to Epcot to finish out the evening.
I see that DHS closes at 8pm and Epcot closes at 10pm.
Will we be able to get back to our car in the DHS parking lot if we stay at Epcot until close?

Good afternoon,

I wasn't sure where to ask this.
But on an upcoming day trip we plan to start at DHS then park hop using the skyliner to Epcot to finish out the evening.
I see that DHS closes at 8pm and Epcot closes at 10pm.
Will we be able to get back to our car in the DHS parking lot if we stay at Epcot until close?
You can but it will most likely be by walking so if you can, you may wish to take your car with you to Epcot. Transportation normally only runs for an hour after a park closes and, it can be challenging finding transportation that will take you to a closed park.

You can but it will most likely be by walking so if you can, you may wish to take your car with you to Epcot. Transportation normally only runs for an hour after a park closes and, it can be challenging finding transportation that will take you to a closed park.
Thank you so much!

I have an ADR at Whispering Canyon and staying at GF. I plan to take the monorail to MK and take a boat to Wilderness Lodge. Will I need to take an additional bus once I get off the boat? Or will I end up where I need to be once I get off the boat? TIA

I have an ADR at Whispering Canyon and staying at GF. I plan to take the monorail to MK and take a boat to Wilderness Lodge. Will I need to take an additional bus once I get off the boat? Or will I end up where I need to be once I get off the boat? TIA
The wooden walkway from the boat dock at WL leads directly to the Lodge rear entrance, with good signage. No bus needed!

Can you provide advice on how to get from Boardwalk Inn to Ohanas for 5:30pm reservation?
Take a bus to MK then boat to the Polynesian. Allow 90 minutes for transportation.

If your reservation is after the monorail is stopping an the Polynesian again then you may take the monorail from MK to Polynesian.

Another current option is to take the monorail from MK to the TTC and walk to Polynesian.

Take a bus to MK then boat to the Polynesian. Allow 90 minutes for transportation.

If your reservation is after the monorail is stopping an the Polynesian again then you may take the monorail from MK to Polynesian.

Another current option is to take the monorail from MK to the TTC and walk to Polynesian.

Thank you!

Hello everyone - we have an early reservation at Trails End for Breakfast in August and are staying at POP...in years past I wouldn't have worried much but am wondering whether or not we'd be able to get there in time.....will boats be running from MK to FW early enough? We have had plenty of very early breakfast reservations at O'Hana and Chef Mickey that I never worried about, but I am wondering if we will have to uber it to make it to the Fort for a Trails End breakfast these days. Has anyone on site recently seen boats running to resorts from MK around 7-7:30 a.m.?

Hello everyone - we have an early reservation at Trails End for Breakfast in August and are staying at POP...in years past I wouldn't have worried much but am wondering whether or not we'd be able to get there in time.....will boats be running from MK to FW early enough? We have had plenty of very early breakfast reservations at O'Hana and Chef Mickey that I never worried about, but I am wondering if we will have to uber it to make it to the Fort for a Trails End breakfast these days. Has anyone on site recently seen boats running to resorts from MK around 7-7:30 a.m

I’m staying at pop right now. There aren’t any buses to magic kingdom until one hour before park open, so today that’s 8am. Like you, I have taken buses to early breakfasts about 100 times before. But the transportation CM on the ground at pop at 6:40 said it couldn’t be done; I’d have to Uber. I took a risk and bussed to animal kingdom (8am open, so first bus left pop at 6:50) then asked a bus driver there to help me find a bus to get to breakfast at contemporary. He said he would call dispatch after he inspected his bus. He ended up being the bus to take me to the contemporary. Since I had to wait for him to finish his inspection, I was 2 minutes late for my 7:40 ressie.

But I think I got lucky with a nice driver at the animal kingdom. And trail’s end is trickier because it’s by the boat dock not the bus stop. I don’t think boats would be running that early because they just don’t want guests in the Magic Kingdom area more than an hour before the park opens.

I’m staying at pop right now. There aren’t any buses to magic kingdom until one hour before park open, so today that’s 8am. Like you, I have taken buses to early breakfasts about 100 times before. But the transportation CM on the ground at pop at 6:40 said it couldn’t be done; I’d have to Uber. I took a risk and bussed to animal kingdom (8am open, so first bus left pop at 6:50) then asked a bus driver there to help me find a bus to get to breakfast at contemporary. He said he would call dispatch after he inspected his bus. He ended up being the bus to take me to the contemporary. Since I had to wait for him to finish his inspection, I was 2 minutes late for my 7:40 ressie.

But I think I got lucky with a nice driver at the animal kingdom. And trail’s end is trickier because it’s by the boat dock not the bus stop. I don’t think boats would be running that early because they just don’t want guests in the Magic Kingdom area more than an hour before the park opens.
Pretty much what I figured....MAYBE MinnieVans will be running by then......I'd also worry we may get an unseasoned Uber driver who doesn't know their way around the Fort.

Pretty much what I figured....MAYBE MinnieVans will be running by then......I'd also worry we may get an unseasoned Uber driver who doesn't know their way around the Fort.
Wouldn't matter how familiar the driver is with FtW. Private vehicles are not allowed in to Trails End. You'd be dropped at the Outpost, and would then need to ride the internal shuttle to the Settlement.

Heading down on Saturday and plan to rope drop basically every day of our trip. We’re staying at beach club and using Disney bussing. Do we need to walk over to Yacht Club to ensure we get on a bus in the morning or do they have dedicated bussing for Beach Club? I heard that they pick up at Yacht Club first, which would hose us in the morning…

What is the best way to get from WL to Riviera for a 9:50am reservation at Topolino's when uber/lyft isn't an option because of littles?

With the epcot monorail reopening, I would love feedback on getting from Boardwalk Inn to Ohana's for a 5:30pm reservation. Originally it was suggested taking a bus to MK and a boat to the Polynesian resort. Would you still recommend that? Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!