Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

nytimez said:
Nor do I dislike the people here on the Dis, as was also suggested.
Nah, that was a general "you", not that you/nytimez doesn't like someone.

THIS THREAD will work better than that search engine :)

Nafinegar said:
On 12/6 we are touring MK. We will get there at RD and have a 12:25pm ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe. We are also planning on hopping over to DHS to Fantasmic!

My question is will we have likely have enough time to get back to MK for more touring, or should we head over to DHS after lunch? Any specific routes that make the most sense.
Okay, well, you'll have plenty of time between lunch and Fantasmic!, especially since you don't need to tour DHS. You don't say what time the show is, but you probably want to be there about two hours in advance. Best route? Walk over to the Contemporary and take the DHS bus. Next best route, monorail or ferry to the TTC and take the DHS bus. The latter will be a direct bus; the bus from the hotel will probably stop at the Polynesian first.

No, I'm afraid haven't read every post on the Dis! If it doesn't work for you, fine -- but no need to be condescending about it.
I don't think he was being condescending...the problem is that we get a ton of posters here who recommend this particular site. And while there is some decent info there, there is also a ton of bad info. So, we are constantly recommending that people not use it. Many of us have tried contacting OLP and asking that they update the info, but for some reason, it hasn't been done. At least not 100%...and until it's 100% dependable, I am not going to recommend it to anyone here. Way too much room for error.

Now....let's get back to giving out info about the best way from point A to point B. No more back and forth about another site.

Oh, and MagicBus...we tend to think you have a decent amount of WDW info to be shared....;)

Good point. And one less thing to "wait" for. I think we'll go with option B. :lol Thanks.

ETA: I meant take a boat (not bus) from Beach Club to the WS. I know it's close but I don't know if my Mom would be up for walking. It hardly seems worth waiting for a boat, though, so if we have enough time we could just slowly walk.

If you were seriously thinking of taking the boat to WS, I would take the bus to the YC not BC, it's a shorter walk to the boat dock.

Okay, since I'm the first one here, I might as well just ask the question I'm sure is on everyone's mind...:rolleyes1

What is the best way to get to O'hana's for breakfast from Port Orleans Riverside? I have a 7:30 am ressie, and I'm not scared to get up early:)

Carey

I would suggest once you get to the TTC just walk over to the Polynesian, Its only a couple minute walk and you would avoid any delayed opening of the monorail system or safety checks that are taking place.

It really is only a 5 minute walk from BC to Epcot - up a slight incline and then back down - it's very close. I'm sure it's closer than walking from the Epcot IG entrance to Italy, and you're going to have to do that regardless since the boat only drops you off at the IG entrance way.

It is more than a 5 minute walk from the BC bus stop to IG (particularly if mom can't walk that fast). And it's about the same distance from BC bus stop to IG as it is from IG to Italy. (BTW you can avoid the slight incline by taking the pathway that goes under the bridge.)
In another post I mentioned that if megsie1000 wanted to save her mom as many steps (not time) as possible her best bet would be to take the bus from MK to YC not BC, to boat dock and boat to IG. That way mom will have a bit of a rest between walks. It's a shorter walk from YC to boat dock than BC to boat dock.

I would suggest once you get to the TTC just walk over to the Polynesian, Its only a couple minute walk and you would avoid any delayed opening of the monorail system or safety checks that are taking place.

The bus from POR to the MK stops at the MK not at the TTC. The driver might drop you off at the POLY. Otherwise take the resort monorail or boat to POLY. You can't walk.

The driver might drop you off at the POLY.
Yes ... anytime going to a MK resort for breakfast, always mention to the driver where you're trying to get to, especially if it's more than an hour before park opening. Even if they can't drop you off on the way, the bus may be headed to that resort for it's next run after the MK.

Okay, since I'm the first one here, I might as well just ask the question I'm sure is on everyone's mind...:rolleyes1

What is the best way to get to O'hana's for breakfast from Port Orleans Riverside? I have a 7:30 am ressie, and I'm not scared to get up early:)

Carey

FWIW another option and by far the fastest would be to take a taxi, approx a $10-$12 fare and a 10 minute trip at most. And you won't have to get up early.

I want to get from DTD Westside to DHS without a huge amount of stress and time. Taxi? If so, how much? I'm still deciding if I can do this trip without a car - I would like to save the almost $300 it would cost for a minivan.

I want to get from DTD Westside to DHS without a huge amount of stress and time. Taxi? If so, how much? I'm still deciding if I can do this trip without a car - I would like to save the almost $300 it would cost for a minivan.
Bus to Dolphin/Swan, walk or boat to DHS.

Or, yes, taxi. See the Popular Transportation Links sticky for the [Mears] taxi fare estimator, but it's not far - maybe $10?

FWIW another option and by far the fastest would be to take a taxi, approx a $10-$12 fare and a 10 minute trip at most. And you won't have to get up early.
Mm... I checked my original response. I did suggest "or take a taxi" as the alternative. The WDW option was offered first because the person asking doesn't mind getting up early. It always makes sense to tailor recommendations to the specific person, one's own preferences notwithstanding.

We are thinking about a quick trip in December, staying at the Beach Club to try it. I use an ECV and the monorail is so easy for us, so I am a bit leery of the BC with its more limited monorail access. We love to eat at the Wave in the Contemporary, and a few of the GF restaurants. I assume if the World Showcase is closed the International Gateway is closed also which means we can't get to the Epcot monorail? In that case, is the best route to take a bus to MK and walk or use the resort monorail?

If EPCOT is open then the IG is open, you can still cut thru EPCOT to get to the monorail.

Mm... I checked my original response. I did suggest "or take a taxi" as the alternative. The WDW option was offered first because the person asking doesn't mind getting up early. It always makes sense to tailor recommendations to the specific person, one's own preferences notwithstanding.

I did see that you had mentioned taking a taxi, I simply was letting the poster know what the approx cost and time required for that option would be so that he/she would have a little more information to make their decision.
I believe the more information you have the easier it becomes to decide what's best for you.
That's supposed to be what this thread is all about.

Make life easy. Allocate some of the savings toward taxis.

DTD--DHS Either walk to SSR and take the bus to DHS or take the bus to S/D then walk. I'd probably get on the first bus to any of the EPCOT resorts.

We are thinking about a quick trip in December, staying at the Beach Club to try it. I use an ECV and the monorail is so easy for us, so I am a bit leery of the BC with its more limited monorail access. We love to eat at the Wave in the Contemporary, and a few of the GF restaurants. I assume if the World Showcase is closed the International Gateway is closed also which means we can't get to the Epcot monorail? In that case, is the best route to take a bus to MK and walk or use the resort monorail?

You will be able to get into Epcot via the IG as official park opening time....9 on regular days, 8 for EMH days. You can then just go through WS and to FutureWorld and then out of the park onto the monorail.
Or just take the bus to MK from BC and then use the sidewalk over to the CR. My issue with using the monorail from Epcot would be the 15 or so mins you are going to need to get from IG to the front of the park, then wait for the monorail to TTC, then transfer to the Resort monorail and go directly to CR or the Express monorail and go to MK..either way you are making a transfer..which can take time.
The bus may be much shorter timewise.

Monorail works better for you then other modes of transportation. You like to eat in restaurants located in monorail resorts.

I like the EPCOT resorts but if I was in your situation I'd stay in a monorail resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!