Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Would it be faster to walk from BLT than take the monorail to MK from The Contemporary?
If you take the monorail, from the CR to MK, it will take you almost 25 mins! If you walk it, it will be 10 mins.
Even when returning to the CR from MK it is sometimes faster to walk it vs taking the monorail. If the monorail is just coming into the MK station, and you are exiting the park, then you may be able to get up to that car and go directly to the CR. If the monorail is just leaving, then by the time you walk up to the monorail platform, wait for the next one to arrive, board it and ride to the CR, it will have been faster to walk.

What would be the most efficient way to travel from Beach Club to Polynesian? We are traveling with family but likely staying at different resorts and will want to meet up for meals and enjoying the resort together.

What would be the most efficient way to travel from Beach Club to Polynesian? We are traveling with family but likely staying at different resorts and will want to meet up for meals and enjoying the resort together.
Take a bus to Magic Kingdom and Monorail to the Polynesian.

Or, you could walk through Epcot if you have valid admission, then take the Monorail to the TTC and walk from there.

Bus to MK, boat to Poly.

Take a bus to Magic Kingdom and Monorail to the Polynesian.

Or, you could walk through Epcot if you have valid admission, then take the Monorail to the TTC and walk from there.

Thanks! Might have to convince them to stay closer as that sounds like a long trip

I also need to know about getting from CR to EP but it's for early on... I asked this question elsewhere but haven't gotten a response so am hoping someone here can help out:
If we want to get to EP for 7:45 for a PPO ADR, do we take a bus? I'm guessing the monorail doesn't run that early. Do buses line up right in front of CR? How early should we leave our room to ensure we're to the buses in time to arrive in EP for 7:45?

What is the best way to get from Epcot to Hollywood Studios? I have a 7:35pm ADR at 50's Prime Time. I'll be using an ECV, so not sure if the boat will be an option. However, it would be a nice change from the buses.

I also need to know about getting from CR to EP but it's for early on... I asked this question elsewhere but haven't gotten a response so am hoping someone here can help out:
If we want to get to EP for 7:45 for a PPO ADR, do we take a bus? I'm guessing the monorail doesn't run that early. Do buses line up right in front of CR? How early should we leave our room to ensure we're to the buses in time to arrive in EP for 7:45?
This seems to be the big question....some will say that the monorail is up and running. Others say not yet. Your best bet is going to be to ask someone, in transportation, the day before you need to be at Epcot that early. If it's an EMH morning, the monorail 'should' be up and running by 7, which would get you there in plenty of time. If not, I would be very tempted to just take a cab.

What is the best way to get from Epcot to Hollywood Studios? I have a 7:35pm ADR at 50's Prime Time. I'll be using an ECV, so not sure if the boat will be an option. However, it would be a nice change from the buses.
The boats do accommodate ECVs. They make it very easy. If you choose to not take the boat, then you can always ride the ECV along the pathway that runs between the two parks.

The boats do accommodate ECVs. They make it very easy. If you choose to not take the boat, then you can always ride the ECV along the pathway that runs between the two parks.

Thanks! About how long would the boat take? The walkway? As long as there are no pedestrians nearby, I'm not afraid to open up the ECV. :laugh: :moped:

Thanks! About how long would the boat take? The walkway? As long as there are no pedestrians nearby, I'm not afraid to open up the ECV. :laugh: :moped:
The boat is about 25 mins, Epcot dock to DHS dock. I've left the Epcot dock area at the same time the boat left, beat it to DHS! The walk is about 20 mins, at a normal pace. On an ECV? Less time. Here's my route.....leave Epcot, left over the bridge towards BW. When you get to the Village Green area (by the boat dock) head for Wyland Gallery..it's over on the right. Go past it, to the right there is a tunnel. Go in, exit by the pool area, staying to the left of the pool. Exit behind the pool, onto the pathway to DHS, to the left...and on to DHS. That cuts about 4 or so mins off the total time vs going to the end of the boardwalk, by Jellyrolls, going left and onto the pathway.
There aren't usually too many people walking. And they are easily passed if you choose to!!!

Argh, BLT fell through and now I'm at OKW June 18 - 23. Resort looks so big that I'd need a car just to get from the room to the pool! Need info on the following so I can decide whether or not to rent a car:
1. OKW to 1900 PK at GF - Bus to MK and then monorail?
2. Amount of time from OKW to MK/OKW to DHS/and OKW to EPCOT by bus.
IF we rented a car which parks would you recommend driving to? I am thinking DHS and EPCOT. Dealing with TTC seems like a pain for MK.
OH, we need a vehicle to fit 6, I found a mini van thru Costco for $218. Is it worth it? I could pick up groceries on the way too!
Thanks!

How would I get from AOA to The Grand Floridian? I have a 8:20am ADR for breakfast. Also how long do you think it would take to get there? I want to make sure I set aside enough time to get there.

Argh, BLT fell through and now I'm at OKW June 18 - 23. Resort looks so big that I'd need a car just to get from the room to the pool! Need info on the following so I can decide whether or not to rent a car:
1. OKW to 1900 PK at GF - Bus to MK and then monorail?
2. Amount of time from OKW to MK/OKW to DHS/and OKW to EPCOT by bus.
IF we rented a car which parks would you recommend driving to? I am thinking DHS and EPCOT. Dealing with TTC seems like a pain for MK.
OH, we need a vehicle to fit 6, I found a mini van thru Costco for $218. Is it worth it? I could pick up groceries on the way too!
Thanks!
1. I would monorail to MK, then take the boat to GF. It stops at the GF first and is a nice way to go, unless it's raining or cold!! I would figure on an hour, maybe a bit longer.
2. OKW to MK....anywhere from 25 mins to over an hour! The one time I left in time for a BoG ADR, from OKW, the bus took forever. I left an hour to get there, but we arrived 20 mins late!!!
OKW to DHS...same thing. To Epoct? Same. If you have an ADR to get to, it's a good idea to leave more time than you think you'll need. So, if you 'have' to be there by, say, 12:30, I would leave OKW by 11. If your bus stop, at OKW, is one of the first few stops, it will take 20 mins to just leave the OKL resort property!!!! My dh won't stay at OKW again unless we have a car!!! Says the buses are just miserable. They aren't but it is faster and easier to use a car.

How would I get from AOA to The Grand Floridian? I have a 8:20am ADR for breakfast. Also how long do you think it would take to get there? I want to make sure I set aside enough time to get there.
Take the bus to MK, then boat or monorail to the GF. For an 8:20 ADR, I would leave AoA by 7:30, maybe even 7. Better to be early and not stress!!!

2. OKW to MK....anywhere from 25 mins to over an hour! The one time I left in time for a BoG ADR, from OKW, the bus took forever. I left an hour to get there, but we arrived 20 mins late!!!
OKW to DHS...same thing. To Epoct? Same. If you have an ADR to get to, it's a good idea to leave more time than you think you'll need. So, if you 'have' to be there by, say, 12:30, I would leave OKW by 11. If your bus stop, at OKW, is one of the first few stops, it will take 20 mins to just leave the OKL resort property!!!! My dh won't stay at OKW again unless we have a car!!! Says the buses are just miserable. They aren't but it is faster and easier to use a car.

OMG that is horrible. And I thought the busses from Kidani were long!! We actually will have a car. I'll plan to drive to DHS and EPCOT and wish for the best at MK. Although we do have an 8:00am ADR for BOG. I suppose we can drive for that as TTC won't be too crazy that early.

OMG that is horrible. And I thought the busses from Kidani were long!! We actually will have a car. I'll plan to drive to DHS and EPCOT and wish for the best at MK. Although we do have an 8:00am ADR for BOG. I suppose we can drive for that as TTC won't be too crazy that early.
The problem is the number of stops within the resort, and the length of time it takes to get from stop to another. I've often said it was like a maze in there!!!
My issue with driving to MK is that the monorail can be iffy...seems to go down a lot lately! You can probably just take the ferry over. If you leave plenty of time, you should be okay with the bus..for an 8:00, you would need to be at the bus stop by 6:45!!! That's a pain....just drive!!!

Hi everyone! We will be staying at Port Orleans - Riverside in a few weeks and want to make it to every morning's EMH that starts at 8am. What time should I leave our resort to get to each park? Will the buses be very slow - we won't have a car but I'm open to using Uber if it'll get us there quick.

Could you help me with letting me know the quickest way to get to each of the 4 parks? Thanks!

Hi everyone! We will be staying at Port Orleans - Riverside in a few weeks and want to make it to every morning's EMH that starts at 8am. What time should I leave our resort to get to each park? Will the buses be very slow - we won't have a car but I'm open to using Uber if it'll get us there quick.

Could you help me with letting me know the quickest way to get to each of the 4 parks? Thanks!
Buses will be running, to the parks, by 6:30 each morning. If you want to be at each park for 8:00, I would plan on getting to the bus stop no kater than 7:15. 7 would be better. You won't be alone at the bus stop!!

Buses will be running, to the parks, by 6:30 each morning. If you want to be at each park for 8:00, I would plan on getting to the bus stop no kater than 7:15. 7 would be better. You won't be alone at the bus stop!!

Thanks! Quick question - do they let people into the park before EMH? Similar to how you can get in for Rope Drop at 830am for a 9am opening?

Also, I am new to this board. How do I change my name?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter