• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted)

As for as what things Belle are being built?, well, Remember Storytime with Belle? Well, What's being built is a more enhanced experience.
Storytime with Belle is now Enchanted Tales with Belle. You will get to meet Belle at her father's Cottage and then be led into a room where selected guests will be invited to perform in a classic retelling of Beauty and the Beast. It will be mostly like Storytime with Belle by the looks and the language of it. Also You`ve mentioned Gaston's " Rest ", well that is Gaston's Tavern, a new restaurant. ALSO there will be a NEW restaurant inside of the Beast's Castle themed to the " Be Our Guest " Scene in Beauty and the Beast. Only, it will be in the area in the Beast's Castle where the beast danced with Belle.

- Dwight

Thanks! I don't remember storytime, as we've never been to WDW. We're in CA so DLR is our home park. The only special thing Belle ever had there was the B&TB stage show (which was awesome).

I am now 99.5% we're pushing Sept '12 to Feb '13.

Thanks so much for the info !

I will be making every effort to get to the Parks event at the D23 expo to see what the latest news is.

Thanks! I don't remember storytime, as we've never been to WDW. We're in CA so DLR is our home park. The only special thing Belle ever had there was the B&TB stage show (which was awesome).

I am now 99.5% we're pushing Sept '12 to Feb '13.

Thanks so much for the info !

I will be making every effort to get to the Parks event at the D23 expo to see what the latest news is.

Good idea, TeddiBarra.

I`d say to fully experience most of New Fantasyland, I'd guess pulling for 2013.

- Dwight

I was told that new person in charge has sons & they said they wouldn't want to go so Disney is fixing it so boys will go too. I'm glad they added a ride but I hate that they are taking one away

couldn't they put the princess in the tent like they were instead of taking a ride?? I could see change it so there wouldn't be 2 snow white rides
Tom Staggs...

So what will be closed when we go in early December? I should read the entire thread but really do not have time to :)! I am assuming all of Toontown? I sure will miss seeing Mickey and Minnie's houses and riding the Barnstormer. Can we still get on the Railroad there?

So what will be closed when we go in early December? I should read the entire thread but really do not have time to :)! I am assuming all of Toontown? I sure will miss seeing Mickey and Minnie's houses and riding the Barnstormer. Can we still get on the Railroad there?
Toontown is already gone. You can not get to that area of the park, as it is now all construction zone. You also cannot get to the train stop. The train still stops there to take on water, but passengers are not permitted to get off. The platform is blocked from the tracks with a construction wall.

Hello! I am new to this forum/board and am trying to figure it all out. We are taking my daughter for her 3rd visit in Feb or Mar 2012. We are so excited. I am upset that Mikey and Minnie's houses are gone =(. But I have heard they will be adding Rapunzel and Flynn to the Meet and Greets. Is this true and where will it be possibly? WHen is it expected to be added? Thanks for all the help!

Hello! I am new to this forum/board and am trying to figure it all out. We are taking my daughter for her 3rd visit in Feb or Mar 2012. We are so excited. I am upset that Mikey and Minnie's houses are gone =(. But I have heard they will be adding Rapunzel and Flynn to the Meet and Greets. Is this true and where will it be possibly? WHen is it expected to be added? Thanks for all the help!

:welcome:

You missed Flynn -- but you can still meet Rapunzel in MK, where Belle used to do her storytime thing (on the path between the Hub and the teacups, across from Cosmic Ray's).

Also, we just returned, and we stumbled upon Rapunzel in Epcot. Absolutely no wait...it was great. It was only her, and there wasn't any special set up, like at MK, but for no wait, it's totally worth it. She was on the little bridge thing at the international gateway. We were actually heading to lunch at the boardwalk and walked right into her, right before you'd board the boats to the boardwalk. Terrance-fairy from Tinkerbell was also there.

Also, we just returned, and we stumbled upon Rapunzel in Epcot. Absolutely no wait...it was great. It was only her, and there wasn't any special set up, like at MK, but for no wait, it's totally worth it. She was on the little bridge thing at the international gateway. We were actually heading to lunch at the boardwalk and walked right into her, right before you'd board the boats to the boardwalk. Terrance-fairy from Tinkerbell was also there.

You missed Flynn -- but you can still meet Rapunzel in MK, where Belle used to do her storytime thing (on the path between the Hub and the teacups, across from Cosmic Ray's).

Thank you both :goodvibes for the response! Looking forward to going back!

We are going 8-20-12 . . . does anyone have or know where I can get info on everything that is due to be completed in the new Fantasyland by then?

We are going 8-20-12 . . . does anyone have or know where I can get info on everything that is due to be completed in the new Fantasyland by then?

There are no official opening dates at this point, but based on the rumored dates floating around I wouldn't expect anything new to be open by then except for parts of the Circus area.

Dan

Does anyone know if Beast will be at Be Our Guest?? He is my favorite - I so want pictures with him - um - for the kids of course :)

Does anyone know where I could find an overview map of MK with the fantasyland expansion? :goodvibes

As Far as I know, currently they is no such thing. Disney hasn't created/released one yet, and since so many of the finer details are still unknown (especially when it comes to the Storybook Circus or the placement of things in Belle's Village) I'm not aware of any fan-made maps.

So since I am lazy and really do not want to scroll all through this, have they released a date or maybe a month for when they would be opening the first phase, I would like to start planning our trip for next year but am not sure when we should aim for we went this year in august (which i vow to never ever do again!!!!)lol we normally go in September. I am praying that it will maybe be in October or November!( never mind just read above) lol

ok just making sure I am correct in telling my disappointed daughter that Goofy's Barnstormer is CLOSED now for the expansion. We are going to the MVMCP next week and she was looking forward to "her favorite" ride and I said it MAY be closed......but it IS closed right?

Also I assume having no access to Toon Town affect the crowds for MVMCP....I think I read the HP seemed more for that same reason? What do you all think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter