***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

So Uber/Lyft/Taxi from SNA direct to the hotel with no stops = approx $40 + tip.

A one day car rental picking up from the airport, heading to Target to get groceries, then dropping it off at the rental place across the street for our hotel = $42, no tip.

Seems like a no brainer to me. I'm going to ponder this option for a bit.

I used to rent a car and do a grocery stop where ever I traveled to save a few bucks.

Not anymore. Well if there is a really cool grocery place to visit I'll still rent.

I do grocery delivery now. I don't mind sitting in the hotel lobby (i.e. am in the Grand this trip), or hanging out at the pool, or relaxing on my balcony while waiting. Yes you tip the delivery guy too. But while they are shopping for me I am in vacation mode.

But I am old now....and willing to pay for this service.:P

We're visiting from the 20th to the 24th, with our Oogie Boogie Bash tickets scheduled on arrival day...that's going to be rough.
Got all the reservations we wanted with the exception of Trader Sams for the 22nd. But crossing my fingers for some last minute cancellations.
We're going to OBB on our arrival day also. If you don't score trader Sam's reservations I would try walking up and getting in that way. We did it in July and we got to sit inside, such a treat for my daughter's birthday. She's 26 so we did get to enjoy drinks as well.

Well that’s a bummer. I tried DMing you but no luck on my end either. I am in Mountain time zone. We can coordinate a day and time that I can release the reservations so you’re on and refreshing to try and snag them. Let me know if you’d like to do that or wait til you can get ten posts :)
Sorry for the extreme delay. If you give me a day and time, I'll try to grab them. If i don't get them, oh well. And if you've already given them up, that's fine too. I appreciate it anyway!

So Uber/Lyft/Taxi from SNA direct to the hotel with no stops = approx $40 + tip.

A one day car rental picking up from the airport, heading to Target to get groceries, then dropping it off at the rental place across the street for our hotel = $42, no tip.

Seems like a no brainer to me. I'm going to ponder this option for a bit.
I can't believe I didn't think of this! I want to make a couple stops before i get to my hotel too and was trying to figure out what to do with my luggage while i went into the store, etc. Honestly, I feel pretty dumb, BUT, although my Hertz points weren't enough to cover a rental, i found a 1 day rental for $60. More than an Uber..yep, but this will be totally worth it. Thanks for sharing!

I can't believe I didn't think of this! I want to make a couple stops before i get to my hotel too and was trying to figure out what to do with my luggage while i went into the store, etc. Honestly, I feel pretty dumb, BUT, although my Hertz points weren't enough to cover a rental, i found a 1 day rental for $60. More than an Uber..yep, but this will be totally worth it. Thanks for sharing!
I saw someone on Facebook mention this as an option and I had to look into it. Makes sense for us too so we can get all our trips done on our schedule and maximize our time in the park that first day.

My experience just now booking Savi's workshop.

I totally forgot until now you had to make a reservation (was far too focused on dining!). So I go in with anxiety hoping I hadn't missed my chance because my daughter would be crushed. I look at the furthest date out for our trip and there a bajillion openings. So if you're like me, don't panic. There will likely be plenty of availability still!

But also I must have broke the website because as soon as I finished I went to do something else and everything crashed. Two browser attempts and nothing works now. lol

But I am old now....and willing to pay for this service.:P

I'm 25 and do grocery delivery! No sense in doing it yourself on vacation, and it gives a job to someone (I say this because I used to do grocery delivery several years ago).

You don't even have to wait in the lobby if you didn't want! They'll deliver to concierge and concierge will bring it up. We probably spend $25 in tips between both parties doing this, but that is wayyy worth us not having to lug things up. Maybe I'm just extra lazy? lol

I'm 25 and do grocery delivery! No sense in doing it yourself on vacation, and it gives a job to someone (I say this because I used to do grocery delivery several years ago).

You don't even have to wait in the lobby if you didn't want! They'll deliver to concierge and concierge will bring it up. We probably spend $25 in tips between both parties doing this, but that is wayyy worth us not having to lug things up. Maybe I'm just extra lazy? lol
Who do you recommend for grocery delivery? I live in a pretty rural area so I always do pickup for my groceries and don't know much about delivery services, especially to hotels. We are staying at Paradise Pier and just want some snacks and drinks to keep in the room.

My experience just now booking Savi's workshop.

I totally forgot until now you had to make a reservation (was far too focused on dining!). So I go in with anxiety hoping I hadn't missed my chance because my daughter would be crushed. I look at the furthest date out for our trip and there a bajillion openings. So if you're like me, don't panic. There will likely be plenty of availability still!

But also I must have broke the website because as soon as I finished I went to do something else and everything crashed. Two browser attempts and nothing works now. lol
I got our droid and sabers booked too but word around here is you don't really need the reservations as much anymore. I booked them for my best guess on time, but hoping if we come a bit early it won't be a big deal.

We're getting closer!! :banana: I've been looking at my Disney clothes and figuring out what I want to wear. For our OBB night we went with matching Oogie Boogie tops I found on Etsy and I bought some Oogie leggings from Hot Topic that should be here soon. Comfortable, on theme, and something I'd wear outside of the parks -- perfect!

Last month I saw the Her Universe Endor/Ewok dress and wanted it in my life (though I didn't need it). But after having my mom tell me "you're already spending so much, will it make you happy? will you wear it again? BUY IT" I hit buy.. however then I needed ears.. so to ebay I went because shopdis didn't have them in stock anymore.. then I wanted a vest so I found a cheap fur vest on poshmark and it's SO cozy I hope I don't die from heat stroke.. THEN my dang mom sends me a text with "... we're making droids right?" 🤦‍♀️ When my bf and I initially talked about building droids I'd looked at harnesses on etsy and had a few saved.

So all in all I've gone from "I don't need any new Disney dresses" to looking at a bit over $200 for everything on that one day :rotfl2:

Who do you recommend for grocery delivery? I live in a pretty rural area so I always do pickup for my groceries and don't know much about delivery services, especially to hotels. We are staying at Paradise Pier and just want some snacks and drinks to keep in the room.
We've done Von's delivery previously and then Amazon Fresh and had good experience with both. We haven't used Von's in a few years, but I know they had a coupon for a discount on your first delivery. Not sure if that's the case anymore though.

When we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel a couple months ago, we did Amazon Fresh and it was pretty seamless. The delivery driver texted and said he was at the front and I asked him just to leave at concierge which worked well. We were on our way to Trader Sam's since our standby table was ready and so concierge held it for us for a couple hours. It was so nice to have lots of bottles of water, soda, and small snacks for taking to the park. It ends up saving a lot of money because we tend to drink lots of water while in the park.

If anyone reads this and is staying off-site: check with your hotel first before doing grocery delivery so that you can plan accordingly. Many offsite hotels *will not* hold deliveries and you must be present for drop off.

We've done Von's delivery previously and then Amazon Fresh and had good experience with both. We haven't used Von's in a few years, but I know they had a coupon for a discount on your first delivery. Not sure if that's the case anymore though.

When we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel a couple months ago, we did Amazon Fresh and it was pretty seamless. The delivery driver texted and said he was at the front and I asked him just to leave at concierge which worked well. We were on our way to Trader Sam's since our standby table was ready and so concierge held it for us for a couple hours. It was so nice to have lots of bottles of water, soda, and small snacks for taking to the park. It ends up saving a lot of money because we tend to drink lots of water while in the park.

If anyone reads this and is staying off-site: check with your hotel first before doing grocery delivery so that you can plan accordingly. Many offsite hotels *will not* hold deliveries and you must be present for drop off.
That's perfect, thank you!

haha.....I have never done delivery at home. But been doing it on vacation since 2007, starting in Disneyland. I always get some adult beverages and last year while in WDW was the first time I didn't need to meet the delivery person. But had to proved my drivers license.

Hoping for a foodie guide this week!!!!
I was just thinking this and came here to see if there was any new info! I have been down and out since last Wednesday night with a bad stomach bug and just finally started feeling better today. I’m actually kind of glad they didn’t release it last week because everything would have sounded positively gross to me. 😂

Hi. I put this in the August thread too but some of these are at the start of September.

We have to cancel our trip and I will be cancelling several reservations. I’m happy to try coordinating timing if anyone wants to try to pick them up. All the reservations are for four people (all adults, if that makes a difference). Please DM me if you’re interested, and I’ll update the post when they’re gone.

Wednesday August 31
Lamplight Lounge Lunch
3 pm

Thursday September 1
Oga’s Dinner
4:45 pm

Thursday September 1
World of Color Dessert Party
8 pm

Friday September 2
Blue Bayou Lunch
12:00 pm
(This was supposed to be for Famtasmic! but I know they changed the rules since I booked it so it may no longer work for Fantasmic!).

Friday September 2
Trader Sam’s Dinner
4:35 pm

Friday September 2
Oga’s Dinner
6:30 pm

Just changed my park reservations around with the Disney+ day announcement today that on-site guests can get in an hour early September 8. I now have Disneyland as my starting park so I can take full advantage of that hour with fantasyland and tomorrowland. Getting closer!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter