***Official DLR June 2021 Check In Thread***

i'm excited & scared at the same time for avengers campus, expecting it to be bad like ROTR (wait time/virtual queue boarding group)

we'll be there 6/8-12 (6/9-11 are park days), staying @ springhill suites convention ctr..prob my only vacation for 2021-2022 as i have a big ticket item come end of the yr :sad: p.s.--adulting sucks

Ive added you to the list, :) it will be interesting to see what happens with Avengers Campus. It could be a good time for ROTR as the main crowd of people will be in DCA.

Thanks everyone, its been a rollercoaster of emotions, but I will make it back some day. Maintaining this thread and being part of your trip planning really helps :)

Well thats me out :sad: :sad:

My airline has just cancelled my June flights. These were flights which I had originally booked for my June 2020 trip and I kept walking the booking forward each time the flights were cancelled. Well now I have just cancelled the booking and requested a full refund from the airline. The y are sneaky though, in the email they only give a link to request a voucher. And then at the very bottom, they mention about refunds but they dont give a link, so you have to search through their website for the form. Luckily I am aware of this and bookmarked the refund form ages ago. It will be interesting to see how long it takes.

My reasoning behind getting a refund now instead of walking the booking forward again , is that these flights were booked at before Covid prices. I am continually getting emails from the airline with great flight deals, so as soon as they send out a deal for USA flights, most likely they will be cheaper than my before Covid flights.

Don't worry though, I will be just as active in this thread and I will continue updating and gathering information for all of you who can go. All I ask is that some of you write trip reports, so that I can get to experience the parks through your eyes. :)
I’m so sorry! I’m glad you’re sticking around the thread though.

We just booked our hotel for our June 13th-17th trip and it feels like such a relief to have that final puzzle piece sorted out. We got a good deal ($100 a night) on the Marriott by the convention center. Glad to be staying somewhere close enough to just walk to the parks (less glad about the nightly $26 parking fee but I’ll get over it 😉)

@j9isawesome Ive updated the first post, yikes that parking is high, but its a good feeling when the hotel is sorted as it starts to make the trip feel like its actually going to happen :)

Just a small update for those planning a June visit. Currently the lockers inside the parks are not in use. However there are lockers available outside the parks, in the esplanade. These are not Disney lockers, they are an outside vendor. There are signs up that items must be removed AT PARK CLOSING.

Park closing means park closing, so if you are going to DTD after the parks close you will need to remove your items from the lockers BEFORE going to DTD.

Any items in the lockers will be removed and held by the vendor and you have to contact the vendor, NOT Disney to get your items back the following day.

As it is an outside vendor, Disney does not have any access to the lockers.

Super-delighted to be joining my Disneyland bestie for a quick trip June 17-18. Two grown folks, wandering around and savoring the sights and sounds of our beloved Disneyland! Moving to east coast means a "ciao for now" trip, but WDW awaits in the future...

Super-delighted to be joining my Disneyland bestie for a quick trip June 17-18. Two grown folks, wandering around and savoring the sights and sounds of our beloved Disneyland! Moving to east coast means a "ciao for now" trip, but WDW awaits in the future...

aww, sounds fun, are you staying at a hotel or local?

You’re going to have the best time EVER!

Updates

2021 Grad Nite Dates: CANCELLED 24 NOVEMBER 2020
Overview | Disneyland Resort Grad Nite at Disney California Adventure Park | Celebrations & Field Trips
May 14,15,19,21,22,26,27
June 1,2,4,5,8,9,11,12,18

Official 2021 Grad Nite Cancellation Notice https://www.disneyyouth.com/programs/field-trips/dlr/grad-nite-disneyland/

Disneyland Reopening Update Friday 5 March 2021
The California Governor has issued a new plan for Covid Recovery. Disneyland and other theme parks will be allowed to reopen from April 1 when their county reaches the Red Tier. However Disneyland and other theme parks will only be allowed to have guests who are resident in California. There will be no out of state or international visitors allowed. California resident theme park guests will have to buy tickets in advance online and there will be a very limited capacity and very limited rides, attractions and food available.

Disneyland Reopening Update Wednesday 17 March 2021
Disneyland official reopening date April 30 2021 announced.
The updated Snow White dark ride will open when the park reopens.
Character interactions will be similar to WDW
No parades or shows
Limited capacity and social distancing similar to WDW
Advance reservation system similar to WDW, which requires a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date
Reservation and park admission for California residents only
Soft opening before April 30 for CM's and invited guests
A Touch of Disney will go on as planned in DCA from March 18 through April 19
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa plans to reopen on April 29, with limited capacity
Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will plan to reopen May 2
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and the Disneyland Hotel will reopen at a later date.
Disneyland will reopen with outdoor dining only

Disneyland Reopening Update Tuesday 6 April 2021

Disneyland released the full info about tickets and the park reservation system. The full details can be found in post number 65 of this thread
  • April 9: If you currently hold a theme park ticket, you can check available days for your 1-day ticket type beginning April 9 on Disneyland.com/ParksUpdates.
  • April 12: The theme park reservation system will open no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 12 and guests who already have valid theme park tickets may begin making park reservations.
  • April 15: Theme park ticket sales will resume no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 15, and guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations.
Four Steps To Make A Theme Park Reservation
  1. Once you have a valid theme park admission, access the theme park reservation system
  2. Create your party
  3. Select the day and theme park you would like to visit
  4. Review and confirm your visit
Which Rides and Attractions Will Reopen

Disneyland released the full info of which rides, attractions and experiences will reopen. The full list can be found in post number 66 of this thread

When Disneyland reopens there will be no
  • Parades and Nighttime Spectaculars
  • Character Greetings
  • Magical Makeovers at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
  • Single Rider Queues
  • Magic Mornings or Extra Magic Hours
Fastpass and Maxpass will be suspended

Update Friday 9 April 2021

Avengers Campus will open on June 4 2021, full details in post number 67 of this thread
As of Monday 19 April anyone who wants to go to Avengers Campus on Opening Day needs to have a Park Hopper Ticket and make a reservation for Disneyland Park and hop over to DCA after 1pm.
There are no reservations available for DCA for people with 1 park per day tickets.
There are no reservations available for DCA for people who have park hopper tickets and want to start the day in DCA.

Update Thursday 22 April
Dining Reservations for June are now open. Only 4 table service restaurants are available to book
  1. Cafe Orleans
  2. River Belle Terrace
  3. Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
  4. Lamplight Lounge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CaliforniaGirl09 Villas Grand Californian Hotel Check In June 1 Check Out June 4
coaches24 TBC Check In June 1 Check Out June 7 Park Reservations June 2, 3, 5, 6
wonderfuller Marriott Courtyard Check In June 1 Check Out June 5 Park Reservations June 2, 3, 4
kirstie101 Howard Johnsons Check In June 2 Check Out June 6 Park Reservations June 3 - 5
Malcon10t Grand California Hotel Check In June 3 Check Out June 7
evilmommie Local Park Reservations June 4 and June 16
kristensideaoffun JW Marriott / Courtyard Theme Park Entrance Check In June 4 Check Out June 6 Park Reservations June 5, 6
dieumeye TBC Check In June 4 Check Out June 7 Park Reservations June 5 and 6
Pookie9922 TBC Park Reservations June 5, 6
ImarriedGrumpy Best Western Park Place Inn Check In June 6 / 7 Check Out June 10 Park Reservations June 7, 8, 9
YoDisney Springhill Suites Convention Centre Check In June 8 Check Out June 12 Park Reservations June 9 -11
Katniss Mellark Best Western Check In June 8 Check Out June 12 Park Reservations June 9 - 11
MsDisATC Best Western Park Place Inn Check In June 10 Check Out June 13 Park Reservations June 11,12
emmybee Westin Check In June 10 Check Out June 14 Park Reservations June 11-13
DisneyJamieCA staying offsite June 12-16
Disney0010 Westin / Grand Californian Hotel Check In June 12 Check Out June 16 Park Reservations June 13, 14, 15
berryinDC TBC Check In June 12 Check Out June 17 Park Reservations June 13-16
j9isawesome Marriott Convention Center Check In June 13 Check Out June 17 Park Reservations June 14th-16th
tsumgirl Tropicana Check In June 15 Check Out June 21 Park Reservations June 16 -20
monkeypat83 Grand California Check In June 16 Check Out June 19 Park Reservations June 17, 18
rpiff AirBnB Park Reservations June 17 and June 18
shosh1530 Grand California / Courtyard Marriott / Tropicana Check In June 19 Check Out June 25 Park Reservations June 20 - 24
snapshot77777 AirBnB Check In June 19 Check Out June 24
Lauren in NC Villas Grand California Check In June 20 Check Out 27 Park Reservations June 21-25
edhmom Tropicana / Best Western Park Place Inn Check In June 22 Check Out June 28 Park Reservations June 23 -27
disneycat321 Tropicana / Best Western Park Place Inn Check In June 26 Check Out June 30 Park Reservations June 27, 28,29
disneycat321 Camelot Inn Check In June 27 Check Out June 29
jodybird511 Villas at Grand Californian Check In June 27 Check out June 29
Flamingomo Best Western Plus Anaheim Check in June 25 Check out June 27 - no park reservations yet as we are out of state. Booked hotel a year ago hoping...

We are doing a Route 66 road trip this summer coming from the East Coast. I booked the Best Western across from Disney a year ago hoping all of this would be done. Even if out of state restrictions are lifted and 4 of the 5 of us will be fully vaccinated, I have serious doubts we will be able to get in. And what happens to my 10 year old who can't be vaccinated? I am ready to cancel reservations, but hopeful. Am I even allowed to purchase tickets if I am out of state? And will they refund if we are not able to get in?

Last edited:
AirBnBing this time, as we couldn't find a way to keep prices down and have 2 BRs.
Add you :)
Flamingomo Best Western Plus Anaheim Check in June 25 Check out June 27 - no park reservations yet as we are out of state. Booked hotel a year ago hoping...

Fingers crossed for you, hope it works out, I have added you to the list :)

Am I even allowed to purchase tickets if I am out of state? And will they refund if we are not able to get in?

sounds like an amazing trip :) Yes you can buy tickets, you just can't make park reservations if you are not a California resident.

They wont refund the tickets but the tickets will hold their value until the next time you visit. The tickets are usually valid for a least a year. If you don't return until after the ticket expiry date, you can use them as part payment for new tickets, if there has been a price increase you just pay the balance.

Also Disney have extended out the expiry date of tickets due to being closed, my tickets which I bought in May 2020 and were valid until January 2022 are now valid until January 2023.

We are doing a Route 66 road trip this summer coming from the East Coast. I booked the Best Western across from Disney a year ago hoping all of this would be done. Even if out of state restrictions are lifted and 4 of the 5 of us will be fully vaccinated, I have serious doubts we will be able to get in. And what happens to my 10 year old? I am ready to cancel reservations, but hopeful. Am I even allowed to purchase tickets if I am out of state? And will they refund if we are not able to get in?

Disney has made it pretty clear they have no desire to check if folks are vaccinated to allow out of state guests.

The only concern I would have is that even if the State and Disney officially allow out state guests sometime in June it might be hard to get a reservation. As of time of writing this there are NO days available to reserve a single park spot at the DLR in June and already some days with no availability at either park. So unless Disney is holding back some reservations or is allowed and chooses to increase capacity out of state guests might be out of luck until later this summer.

Last edited:
Paradise Pier Hotel Reopening June 15

Get ready to enjoy summer fun at the Disneyland Resort! As we continue the phased reopening of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, we are thrilled to announce Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will reopen and welcome back guests starting June 15, 2021, with limited capacity.

As part of the phased reopening, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will not have food and beverage offerings initially. For added convenience, guests of Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel can scan QR codes right from their in-room TV to access the links to those restaurants’ delivery webpages and order food and beverages that can be delivered right to the hotel lobbies.

Starting May 28, 2021, guests can enjoy the warm, inviting ambiance at Napa Rose for in-person dinner. Known for its award-winning wine list, exemplary service and delectable dining, Napa Rose will feature both the prix fixe Vintner Menu and a la carte selections, where guests can savor wine country cuisine featuring dishes that honor California’s rich culinary bounty, artisan farmers and world-famous wine makers.

Guests can also enjoy hearty home-style favorites while dining at Storytellers Café, offering three-course meals for breakfast and dinner. Whether you’re hungry for an American Wagyu Burger or craving a classic Mickey Waffle, there’s something for everyone’s taste buds! Dining reservations are recommended and will be available for booking at a later date, Character dining will not be featured at this time.

One other great feature that is returning May 28 to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is the special entrance to Disney California Adventure park for Disneyland Resort hotel guests who are visiting the park.

We are doing a Route 66 road trip this summer coming from the East Coast. I booked the Best Western across from Disney a year ago hoping all of this would be done. Even if out of state restrictions are lifted and 4 of the 5 of us will be fully vaccinated, I have serious doubts we will be able to get in. And what happens to my 10 year old who can't be vaccinated? I am ready to cancel reservations, but hopeful. Am I even allowed to purchase tickets if I am out of state? And will they refund if we are not able to get in?

We are doing a big road trip along a lot of route 66 from CA but we're ending in Huntsville, AL! I know my comment isn't helpful in answering your questions, but I'm excited to read someone else doing this road trip!

Good news June people, more restaurant reopening's

UPDATE – Foodie News: Dining Guide to Disneyland Resort Reopening
  • Paradise Garden Grill (opening May 13)
  • Alfresco Tasting Terrace (opening May 20 exclusively for Legacy Passholders and their guests; online reservations available May 18)
  • Blue Bayou Restaurant (opening May 27; online reservations available May 18)
  • Napa Rose (opening May 28 – dinner only; online reservations available May 18)
  • Storytellers Café (opening May 28 – breakfast and dinner – no characters; online reservations available May 18)
  • GCH Craftsman Bar (New! Excited to announce online reservations will be available May 28)

Good news June people, more restaurant reopening's

UPDATE – Foodie News: Dining Guide to Disneyland Resort Reopening
  • Paradise Garden Grill (opening May 13)
  • Alfresco Tasting Terrace (opening May 20 exclusively for Legacy Passholders and their guests; online reservations available May 18)
  • Blue Bayou Restaurant (opening May 27; online reservations available May 18)
  • Napa Rose (opening May 28 – dinner only; online reservations available May 18)
  • Storytellers Café (opening May 28 – breakfast and dinner – no characters; online reservations available May 18)
  • GCH Craftsman Bar (New! Excited to announce online reservations will be available May 28)

Crossing my fingers that I'm able to get a reservation for Blue Bayou and GCH Craftsman Bar!!! Feeling a little sad because this will be the first time in many years that we won't be dining at SH55 and enjoying Trader Sam's🥺. Still holding onto a little bit of hope that they will open by our trip dates. 🤞🤞🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!