***Official DLR July 2022 Check-in Thread***

We only did a walk up at Trader Sams which said 20 minutes but it took 40. They said the online walk up wait times were inaccurate. If you plan on doing that, I would get there early and at off times. Best of luck!

When we went to Blue Bayou there were 10+ parties attempting to get walk ups at opening. They made them all use the mobile walk up feature. It did appear some got in but were seated at tables in the back.
We loved the Blue Bayou when we went (8 years ago?). Was the food quality still great? The recent TripAdvisor reviews were dismal.

We loved the Blue Bayou when we went (8 years ago?). Was the food quality still great? The recent TripAdvisor reviews were dismal.
We weren't overly impressed. We did get a water table which was fun and this was our first time there, but we felt that Cafe Orleans had the same if not better food and it probably wasn't worth it.

We weren't overly impressed. We did get a water table which was fun and this was our first time there, but we felt that Cafe Orleans had the same if not better food and it probably wasn't worth it.
I was watching a Genie+ review by Anaheim Park Tourist and they said the restaurants took them 2 hours+ each time. That was our experience at WDW in March. Was this true at Disneyland?

We have food allergies so at QS it takes time for the chef to come down and then place the order which adds 30-40 mins to our dining time.

I was watching a Genie+ review by Anaheim Park Tourist and they said the restaurants took them 2 hours+ each time. That was our experience at WDW in March. Was this true at Disneyland?

We have food allergies so at QS it takes time for the chef to come down and then place the order which adds 30-40 mins to our dining time.

We were in and out at table service within an hour, with that said, we have kids and didn't order cocktails. We generally ordered quickly and set our own pace. The only drag was at Trader Sams when we did walk up and sat outside. Our waitress never brought our bill and I think forgot about us.

I have a Storyteller's but Lamplight is on my daughter's wish list! I would love to coordinate if it works out... thanks so much!! What day did you have Lamplight for? We don't have hoppers and the only day we're in DCA is the 26th.
Yes, I have lamplight for July 26 that I will be cancelling. Send me a PM if you want to coordinate. I'm happy to help a fellow dis! These board have been so helpful for our first DL trip!

This was not our experience last week. We are 2 adults and even when we were trying to stretch it we didn't make it to 2 hours.

QS wasn't a super long wait either. I also have allergies, though I don't always require a consult with the chef. Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta was great - chef to care of everything and even handed me my food directly. I only waited about 5 minutes.

Just made my reservations for Fantasmic! (Hungry Bear) for our first day at the Parks! So excited!!!

Not sure about the plant-based option, though - Impossible Sloppy Joe...I hope it's tasty! (We're vegetarians, but we really like eggs, cheese, dairy....seems like most items at Disneyland are vegan now...)
Did you end up liking the impossible sloppy joe?

This was not our experience last week. We are 2 adults and even when we were trying to stretch it we didn't make it to 2 hours.

QS wasn't a super long wait either. I also have allergies, though I don't always require a consult with the chef. Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta was great - chef to care of everything and even handed me my food directly. I only waited about 5 minutes.
Right now schools have started so it’s low waits and quicker service. We went during holidays, which is completely different. For Blue Bayou the wait was 40 mins after we checked in on time. Then the dinner took extra long. Lot of CMs seemed to be running around (substitutes?) and were missing things. Ex I asked for a fork and the waitress forgot; we flagged someone else for water etc. It seems like some of the regular staff had called in sick. They were not allowing people to walk up and add names to a waitlist (they were so full).

Lamplight was very relaxing and romantic (we had a great view of the pier). I would at least budget 1.5 hr if you’re eating a full meal. If we just had drinks maybe 40 mins would suffice.

No, I really didn't...it was edible, but not tasty. But that's okay...the show was fantastic! And all of our other meals during our trip were great!
I'm just trying to figure out what package to get. The food at both River Belle Terrace and the to-go Hungry Bear aren't really appetizing to us. I was leaning maybe towards RBT, but they haven't gotten great reviews lately. :/

We DO want to eat at Blue Bayou at some point, but not sure if we were gunna spend $89 each in food, kinda pricey! Reviews have also been mixed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter