Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time do the phone lines open (eastern time) on 8/26? Would the online booking open at 12am?

I have been trying to get a ressie at cali grill for years and have not been able to snag one close to the start of wishes.

This is also the first time I am going to Disney not on DDxP so if I am going to pay a lot OOP ..i want to see the fireworks!!!

What ? Wait did I miss something? ADR for CG is going live?

I have also searched for a new full menu, but no luck, so to the chicken lover (a different poster), I would bet on the odds that there will be something chicken-related, as even CG knows it needs to appeal to the masses and offer a nice variety. However, if there is not a "true" chicken entree, I would almost bet you could plead your case, and the chef would come up with something. Alternatively, you could go with a vegetarian entree and pretend that it was a chicken dish that is simply missing the chicken - ha! Seriously, though...I'd be shocked if the final menu didn't include at least one entree that everybody could enjoy.

Veggie option is great for me except we are traveling in September when they bring out their fall veggies--normally meaning squash everything. Can't say I love the fall veggies. But give me a plate of steamed broccoli and sauteed spinach in the shape of a Mickey Head and I'll be fine. I will take your advice, if I don't see something I'm lovin, I'll just ask. It can't hurt. I just want to experience the whole thing and eat those dessert!! And let me tell you, while I love chicken, after a week of free dining plan and eating nothing but chicken for most meals, I get pretty sick of it! Oh to be lucky enough to get in and see a full menu...We'll hope and get up early to see!!:lmao:

What time do the phone lines open (eastern time) on 8/26? Would the online booking open at 12am?

I have been trying to get a ressie at cali grill for years and have not been able to snag one close to the start of wishes.

This is also the first time I am going to Disney not on DDxP so if I am going to pay a lot OOP ..i want to see the fireworks!!!

6am

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If hallowishes is at 9.30pm, would a 7.30pm reservation be good enough? Would like to have a three course dinner and assume it will take about 1.5-2hours. Hoping to finish just in time to go outside and see hallowishes.

They may not say "Wishes" because the show at the MK isn't always "Wishes." Sometimes it is Holiday Wishes, or the 4th of July show which has a different name.

And they've always had decks on both ends. You couldn't really see MK from the other deck but you could see Epcot (from a distance). It was hardly ever used because Magic Kingdom was the big draw. There were also always two decks on the side closest to MK.

ok thanks - probably me just reading into things that aren't there

I knew about the front and back decks on the side closest to MK - with the back one being near the special events area. Didn't know there was a deck on the other end though closer to EPCOT - maybe that is the one they are "enhancing" so you can see MK better from there?

Veggie option is great for me except we are traveling in September when they bring out their fall veggies--normally meaning squash everything. Can't say I love the fall veggies. But give me a plate of steamed broccoli and sauteed spinach in the shape of a Mickey Head and I'll be fine. I will take your advice, if I don't see something I'm lovin, I'll just ask. It can't hurt. I just want to experience the whole thing and eat those dessert!! And let me tell you, while I love chicken, after a week of free dining plan and eating nothing but chicken for most meals, I get pretty sick of it! Oh to be lucky enough to get in and see a full menu...We'll hope and get up early to see!!:lmao:

Is chicken the only meat you eat? My wife doesn't eat beef or pork (doesn't like the taste and finds them, generally, too fatty) but does eat chicken and things like lamb, venison, etc. that she finds much leaner

Just curious b/c they might have other options besides chicken that might interest you

Ok, I have never tried to get a reservation very early like this..do you guys have a strategy? I am thinking phone in hand, computer at the ready when it opens there too?

If hallowishes is at 9.30pm, would a 7.30pm reservation be good enough? Would like to have a three course dinner and assume it will take about 1.5-2hours. Hoping to finish just in time to go outside and see hallowishes.

Depends on how fast you get sat, how fast you eat, how fast you decide and order, are you drinking, socializing, etc. It can be enough, but if for some reason you got caught up in the experience and are done with your entrees, they will happily take your dessert order but wait for you to return from Wishes to make and bring it to you.

Ok, I have never tried to get a reservation very early like this..do you guys have a strategy? I am thinking phone in hand, computer at the ready when it opens there too?

If you want opening day, try online at 6am... if it's not available by 6:30am, call in at 7am... if it's not available at 7am, watch this thread maniacally and/or call in as often as you can tolerate.

Hopefully, CG will be loaded up the night before, but you never know.

I usually go to allears.net to get the current menus for the disney restaurants to price things out, but since the Cali grill is in rehab there is no menu posted.

What would a meal run for 2 at Cali grill? Do they accept TIW?

The cost of the meal obviously would largely depend on how many courses and whether or not you drink or not.

Two people, three courses (1 app or dessert, 2 salads and 2 entrees) with one glass of wine each, including 15% gratuity would probably run somewhere around $170.

I usually go to allears.net to get the current menus for the disney restaurants to price things out, but since the Cali grill is in rehab there is no menu posted.

What would a meal run for 2 at Cali grill? Do they accept TIW?

Yes, CG does take the TIW card. And what you pay will be on a par with other Signature dining location, such as Flying Fish, Narcoosee's, etc. I can't remember what we have paid - just remember how wonderful the food, service, and view were - and looking forward to going back (I'm ready to do battle come Monday morning!).:goodvibes

So almost a year to the date we are all doing this again????

Anyone remember 8/20/2012 first day for BOG ADR's I know i do took 4 hours but i got through

Anyone think this will be like that?

Anyone remember 8/20/2012 first day for BOG ADR's I know i do took 4 hours but i got through

All too clearly... so disappointed they aren't releasing in batches by month or SOMETHING to try and make it easier on us. I called for my Mom and was relatively lucky for BOG too (in that I actually got her one and did not have a long wait at all) but just reading it gave me a :headache:. Free dining this year sounded awful also, and I even remember a 45 minute wait the year I tried to get a candlelight processional reservation on opening day. What a PAIN!

Our vacation is from 8/25 to 8/30 so it looks like no CG this time. Maybe we won't even bother going to Disney at all now, everything is ruined. :-( :-( Waaaaaaa waaaaaaa. Send a wambulance for me! How will we survive with no CG and just the multitude of awesome meals we already have reservations for? As well as all the other amazing numerous other things to see and do. Woe woe woe is me. (Though I may still swing by and see if there will be any type of soft opening - ha!).

Could obviously be wrong but I doubt it. No way there's as much excitement out there for RE-opening CG as there was in grand opening of BOG. JMHO. :)

Okay, here is what I did last year for BOG and it worked like a charm:

I read this in the BOG ADR thread:

Tried over 200 times between 7:30 and 9:30 with no luck- all busy signals. Somebody on another post said to call the Disney Store at 1-800-328-0368 and ask them to transfer you. I did that and got my reservations 5 minutes later.

So, in the event we hit telephone mass hysteria (which won't happen), now you all have this tidbit.

Just want to make sure i have this right... so 6:00am eastern which means 5:00am central for online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter