Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia1972

<font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon
Welcome to the home of the
Official Cake Chatter Thread

There have been many requests for a cake thread that is more of a gallery and shows photos and cake info only, without any chatter about cakes. Well we want everyone to have that, but what good is food if you can't talk about it too?

So everyone gets their ideal cake experience we've created this chatter thread especially for talking about cakes. Have a headache ordering one? This is the place to vent. Was your cake experience the pixie dust filled adventure that you expected, this is the place to share!

This is ALSO the place to originally post those cake photos. The moderators will move them to the THIS CAKE GALLERY shortly after you post. When you post a picture, please also include:​

When posting photos on the chatter thread please include:

Price
Date Received
Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etc
Anything else special about that particular cake

(To those viewing the gallery - Please remember that cakes ordered a long time ago may no longer be relevant, or available, but are still pretty to look at)

Can't wait to see and talk about all of the new cakes!

New "Cake Hotline" for ordering special occassion cakes!
There is a "Cake Hotline" for Guests requesting celebratory cakes at most Table Service dining locations. The Cake Hotline number is 407-827-2253 and requires 48 hours notice.

MILK FREE INFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolleymom
I just called the MK bakery and was told that they can make milk free cakes! She thinks that they can put a design on it also. I asked for an Ariel design. This is the first time that I will not have to make my own birthday cake!

fax: 407-824-5530
voicemail: 407-824-7091

Original Cake Thread
Cake thread Part II

Official Cake Gallery

Your cake was beautiful. I am looking forward to this thread.
We will be celebrating at WDW in October. This will give me many ideas.
Thanks.

:cool1:

I just wanted to say thank you for putting this together. This is so much more user friendly than the other 2 threads.

My question is, so do you no longer call the bakeries directly? I see that there is only a cake hotline number listed above. I am having a birthday dinner for my dad at the California Grill in May. Should I call the restuarant directly or call the cake hotline?

Thanks!

You call the cake hotline directly for all cake orders. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for taking the time to set up two separate threads! This should make the conversation much easier to follow and the inspiration pics easier to find!

Thanks a million!!!:thumbsup2

I am looking for pictures of birthday cakes served at Chef Mickey's.popcorn::

We have had several "celebration" cakes at Disney over the years. I want to make this year's cake very special. After trying cakes at the Boardwalk, AKL, and the Grand, we are going to go with the Grand again. This is for a combination celebration of my daughter's 19th birthday and her high school graduation. Our trip actually falls right in between the two events. So, would anyone like to make some suggestions for something really special for this cake? Our meal that night will either be at Narcoosee's or Citricos.

Thanks!

Are the old cake photos ever going to be transferred to the new cake photo thread? I hope so. There are SO many awesome cake photos there. :)

How far back do you think you can go & still have helpful cakes photos? The Disney cake scene has evolved over the last few years, & not necessarily in a good way. Yes, there's still some beautiful cakes, Y&BC in particular. Some people still get great cakes from GF bakery, Boardwalk bakery & park restaurants. Unfortunately, those seem to be the exception rather than the rule as of late. When the cake thread 1st started, all the cakes were fabulous. It seems to me that going back that far sets people up for possible disappointment. I'd rather see pics of a cake I may actually get. Then again, maybe I'm just getting cynical, after the Easy Bake Ovenish cake we got by calling the Epcot cake line last month. :rolleyes1 Just a thought!

How far back do you think you can go & still have helpful cakes photos? The Disney cake scene has evolved over the last few years, & not necessarily in a good way. Yes, there's still some beautiful cakes, Y&BC in particular. Some people still get great cakes from GF bakery, Boardwalk bakery & park restaurants. Unfortunately, those seem to be the exception rather than the rule as of late. When the cake thread 1st started, all the cakes were fabulous. It seems to me that going back that far sets people up for possible disappointment. I'd rather see pics of a cake I may actually get. Then again, maybe I'm just getting cynical, after the Easy Bake Ovenish cake we got by calling the Epcot cake line last month. :rolleyes1 Just a thought!

I have to agree-somewhat-with the questions here. I know that in an ideal world, I'd like the Cinderella castle topper on a teeny tiny cake (is that a cupcake), but I don't know if that is possible now, just a bite to share with DH.

On the other hand, if we have pictures that we can email to the Cake Hotline, at least they'd be able to say YAY or NAY to us.

Maybe some of the cakes that have been served since the 'Celebrations' theme has been in existence would be a good place to start? :confused3

Colleen, I love that name, although my Shannah is being her usual 17 year old annoying (but endearing :love: ) self at the moment.

I am interested in this too. I am needing a cake for our 20th Anniversary in October, at the Grand Floridian or Ohana. I would love to see some up to date pictures. :)

Does anyone know what the smallest cakes available are (and prices, if possible :rolleyes1 )? I find it really difficult to get particular information on anything that isn't a 6+ inch round cake...

My DBF and I are going to 1900 Park Fare, and I want to do something nice as a surprise anniversary gift for him, but I don't want to get a huge cake that we'll never finish, and have to drag it around with us back to the Magic Kingdom.

I don't even think we'd be able to eat a 6" round cake, and those aren't very cool since you can't do anything to them.

Right now I'm leaning towards a slipper, but that's not even really cake, and I'm not a big white chocolate or whipped cream person, so it'd really be a dessert for DBF.

I know they have little "wedding" cakes and the little castle cakes, but I'm not sure how one would go about ordering those, and how big they actually are...

sorry I'm so confused on this topic, but I feel like I'll be in good hands here! :goodvibes

...I think everyone can disregard my previous post, because after seeing those, I know what I want. They're adorable, and if it means an extra 10$ for a cake I'll actually eat, that's fine!

4orm, those are gorgeous, and you take such great photos!

Just curious why the cake gallery thread got closed. It was an awesome idea?
It's just closed so only mods can post - they're going to take the cake posts with photos from this thread and put them there so it's cake pics only :)

Thanks ZeroToHero!

The way I see it, I'd love any and all pics that folks have to offer for inspiration since the folks at the cake hotline are shall we say less than helpful if you don't know exactly what you want when you call. Prices have changed and we all know availability is really uneven depending upon where you're looking to get your cake, but it can't hurt to have the ideas there to work from.

I also think you're more likely to get good results with a custom cake when you're able to give a detailed description or better yet a pic of what you want... I saved a pic from the cake thread part II to send along when I order our cake for our May birthday trip. With no price limit in mind and 3 birthdays to celebrate (2 during the trip itself, and one shortly before our travel dates), I want to be sure they know exactly the fancy, probably expensive cake I have in mind!

Does BW bakery deliver to the BW restaurants? I'm guessing Spoodles & Flying Fish. Maybe, ESPN & Big River Grille, but we aren't interested in eating at either of those. Those mini-wedding cakes are adorable! I know we could pick it up & take it back to our room, but I'd rather get it at a restaurant.

On 2nd thought... I wonder if we could pick it up & carry it into Tutto Italia. :scratchin On that note, has anyone ordered a cake from TI? Would we call there directly?

Obviously, I'm typing everything as it pops in my head, so please forgive me for rambling. :rotfl:

And 4orm, congrats on the new baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!