*** Official August 2021 thread ***

Me too, between fans and masks and cooling towels and water filters/bottles and special socks and so on... This is how Jeff Bezos can go to space in his own strangely-shaped spaceship.

100%!! I hate to contribute to that lol but I just can't get everything I need and as quickly anywhere else but Amazon!

Last edited:
Most of my Amazon deliveries are delivered by their Prime vans. We have local Amazon warehouses.
Oh wow, I have never actually seen an Amazon van before lol. All of my Amazon purchases are delivered by my mailman, Harold. Sometimes I have so many packages that Harold has to leave his vehicle and place them on my porch. This displeases Harold greatly lol. I am sure he is more excited for me to go on vacation than I am so he doesn’t have to deal with all the stuff I have to order.

Just scored a Wave-at-the-California Grill Breakfast reservation on our first morning. This will be my 3rd pandemic trip, so I’m not going to let the changes bother me- and my kids haven’t been since 2019, but they are used to masks from school.

And PS- the Amazon van JUST dropped something off as I was typing this. 😂

Going in a week any advice on the best reasonable priced poncho to buy, don’t like the dollar ones - thank you
I like to buy the ones they sell at the park. Not sure if this still holds true, but several years ago if they ripped you could go in any shop and they replaced them for free without a receipt…even if it was one from previous years. Not sure if they still have this policy…it’s been a few years since I’ve done it.

I have a question about popcorn buckets. I'm asking here first since this seems like a pretty friendly group and I don't want to get attacked.

I've read that all popcorn buckets are refillable, even old ones. (not like the resort mugs which must be purchased every year). If this is not true, please let me know. I truly don't want to cheat my way into a re-fill price. $10,000+ for this vacation...no need to embarrass myself over a popcorn bucket, but I already have a bunch of them. My favorite has a Halloween design and is clearly labeled 2008 -- so it is obviously NOT a newly purchased bucket. Can I use it for re-fills?

Thanks!

I have a question about popcorn buckets. I'm asking here first since this seems like a pretty friendly group and I don't want to get attacked.

I've read that all popcorn buckets are refillable, even old ones. (not like the resort mugs which must be purchased every year). If this is not true, please let me know. I truly don't want to cheat my way into a re-fill price. $10,000+ for this vacation...no need to embarrass myself over a popcorn bucket, but I already have a bunch of them. My favorite has a Halloween design and is clearly labeled 2008 -- so it is obviously NOT a newly purchased bucket. Can I use it for re-fills?

Thanks!
Yep! They let us get refills with older trip buckets, no questions asked. Being that old bucket and enjoy!

Oh wow, I have never actually seen an Amazon van before lol. All of my Amazon purchases are delivered by my mailman, Harold. Sometimes I have so many packages that Harold has to leave his vehicle and place them on my porch. This displeases Harold greatly lol. I am sure he is more excited for me to go on vacation than I am so he doesn’t have to deal with all the stuff I have to order.
Over the past few
Months ours have been delivered by the Vans they come straight from Pennsylvania.

I have go to stop reading the "here now" thread...or people need to start posting more positives of their trip. XD I'm an easygoing person but I think reading so much of it is getting to me.
So close! Might do a last minute trip on Monday to gather odds and ends and get gift cards...Southwest moved our flight time to be later on our arrival day and earlier on our home day, boo.

I have go to stop reading the "here now" thread...or people need to start posting more positives of their trip. XD I'm an easygoing person but I think reading so much of it is getting to me.
So close! Might do a last minute trip on Monday to gather odds and ends and get gift cards...Southwest moved our flight time to be later on our arrival day and earlier on our home day, boo.
I avoided that thread until just this weekend, when I finally subscribed to see how everything was going. I'm mostly concerned with the crowds, but we have a late August trip, so I think we'll be ok. Some more positive reports have recently come in, so that's good. Have fun!

We are 22 days out. This is our 4th attempt at going since the pandemic started. We are a go, so it's damn the torpedoes full speed ahead. It is time to see the mouse. Everything is planned. Hopefully the crowds will thin.
Same here. We had to cancel many times during pandemic and just recently due to an unrelated health issue, so it's a "we are going OR ELSE" situation in this house. I probably just jinxed us with a hurricane or something but hey that's just the pessimist in me. 🤣

I have followed a couple people with their real time trip reporting the last couple weeks on here and on TP, and it has been helpful. Especially those that have gone in with realistic expectations and a good attitude. As experienced/frequent visitors I think my family will be OK. We have some must dos and there are headliners we are definitely willing to skip (Slinky, SDMT, TOT, etc.) so that helps. HS will be the park I think we will have to rope drop. But other than getting a BG for ROTR our must dos are the two new to us rides: MFSR and MMRR, we have two days at HS so we should be able to knock those out. This is a rescheduled 2020 trip and we are so happy to be going on vacation.

I will be home in 5 days!

I have followed a couple people with their real time trip reporting the last couple weeks on here and on TP, and it has been helpful. Especially those that have gone in with realistic expectations and a good attitude. As experienced/frequent visitors I think my family will be OK. We have some must dos and there are headliners we are definitely willing to skip (Slinky, SDMT, TOT, etc.) so that helps. HS will be the park I think we will have to rope drop. But other than getting a BG for ROTR our must dos are the two new to us rides: MFSR and MMRR, we have two days at HS so we should be able to knock those out. This is a rescheduled 2020 trip and we are so happy to be going on vacation.

I will be home in 5 days!
Your plan sounds very similar to mine! We’ll be there on Saturday! Good luck to all of us!

I avoided that thread until just this weekend, when I finally subscribed to see how everything was going. I'm mostly concerned with the crowds, but we have a late August trip, so I think we'll be ok. Some more positive reports have recently come in, so that's good. Have fun!

Ours is late August too (we don't leave until the 29th) so I'm crossing my fingers for lower crowds. Some of these reports I've been reading lately are downright depressing!

Same, I'm glad I'm not the only one! It was getting me so depressed, super negative and not a whole lot of positives. Will be arriving Saturday and I think I've read enough, lowered our expectations and plan to make the most out of it! It is what it is at this point!

Same here. We had to cancel many times during pandemic and just recently due to an unrelated health issue, so it's a "we are going OR ELSE" situation in this house. I probably just jinxed us with a hurricane or something but hey that's just the pessimist in me. 🤣
This is us exactly we cancelled so
Many times. We have to go on this one no matter what. 🤞

Keep your chins up, everyone! I’m supposed to be there on a moms & daughters trip with DD15 and our friends but they had to go without me because of some health issues that crept up on me at the very last minute 😭. I’m their fearless leader and am guiding them from home. Luckily I taught my daughter well and she’s leading in person. So far it’s going amazing and they’re having a great time.

They flew in yesterday and got to Animal Kingdom around 4:45 PM. Everest was a 10 min wait even though posted was 25. They knocked out Everest, had dinner at Flame Tree, did KS then got in line for FoP minutes before park close at 6:55 pm. Waited just over an hour (I think it was similar to posted time) and then drove to MK. The adults with them aren’t seasoned Disney people and got lost on the way to TTC so that ate up some time. However, they arrived just as HEA started and missed the ferry but watched it from the monorail. Went upstream through MK to Space and was able to ride it once before closing. Then they hung and took pics in front of the castle. They were very happy with what they accomplished.

This morning they rope dropped MK. Staying offsite and drove and was about 20 feet back from the rope to Adventureland. They did Splash, BTMRR, Pirates, HM and Small World and walked up just in time for their Skipper Canteen reservation at 11:30 AM (which they all loved). Now they’re doing Philharmagic, CoP and Peoplemover to avoid crowds and stay out of the heat.

I keep hearing about how hot it is, and that’s to be expected. Rope drop is key!! I warned them ahead of time about the lines but I think they’re getting lots more done than they thought they would because they’re being smart about it (and they have my help from afar!)

I’ve been watching wait times for a week now and they do seem significantly less the past two days than the past week. I wonder if people (locals) changed their plans after the masking.

Anyhow, it’s not all bad news out there! Get excited about those trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter