*** Official August 2020 thread ***

The general public fd offer was 4 night/4 days with park hopper, same as the bounce back offer, but yes, very limited dates.

Suprisingly though, POFQ was part of the offer. :)
I was so surprised to see it offered (but the limited dates meant we couldn't do it anyway). POFQ has been a favourite of ours for years, but TBH, I think that given a choice now, we'd pick PORS. As long as we are in the preferred section, I think we prefer it now. The 5th sleeper bed is nice, even though we're only four people, and something about Riverside has grown on us. The size of POFQ is something we love, but as long as we're preferred section of riverside, we don't have far to the buses or food court and we can always walk to visit the french quarter and have the beignets!

I was so surprised to see it offered (but the limited dates meant we couldn't do it anyway). POFQ has been a favourite of ours for years, but TBH, I think that given a choice now, we'd pick PORS. As long as we are in the preferred section, I think we prefer it now. The 5th sleeper bed is nice, even though we're only four people, and something about Riverside has grown on us. The size of POFQ is something we love, but as long as we're preferred section of riverside, we don't have far to the buses or food court and we can always walk to visit the french quarter and have the beignets!
While I love POFQ, I really like the preferred section at POR. :)

Thanks for your responses about the free dining and bounce back dates. I'd like to get 'ohana ADR for our first day, but I haven't had luck in the past - but I usually go during free dining. I usually I have to get it further into the trip if I want a decent time. I had been checking at 180 days and it seemed like it wouldn't be available, but then I realized that the the days I was checking happened to be during free dining in July. I starting checking again the past few days and it has been available at 180 days everyday that I checked since the regular free dining period ended. And since the bounceback period has started, I guess that just doesn't have the same effect on ADRs and I don't have to worry about that.

I did make plans for 14 days of dining, but since after hours and MNSSHP dates aren't available, I'm sure they will change.

It’s driving me crazy that my ADRs are available in just 10 days but MNNSHP hasn’t yet been announced and that I’ll probably have to wait forever for DAH MK to be released for August. I wish they would announce all events at least 6 months in advance for this very reason. Ah well, I’m still thrilled that my dining window is about to open and I’ll be able to see REAL plans in MDE besides resort!!

Here is our rough draft wish list for ADRs:

Toppolino's Bfast
Beaches & Cream
City Works
Via Napoli
Space 220
Woodys Roundup BBQ
Ohana
Plaza
Crystal Palace
Cali Grill Brunch
Tusker House
Art Smith
BOG Bfast

Since we dont have Free Dining, if they don't announce a second round of Free Dining though this list will definitely change haha

Also never done a dessert party at MK but they just added alcohol so we may bite this trip :)

Here is our rough draft wish list for ADRs:

Toppolino's Bfast
Beaches & Cream
City Works
Via Napoli
Space 220
Woodys Roundup BBQ
Ohana
Plaza
Crystal Palace
Cali Grill Brunch
Tusker House
Art Smith
BOG Bfast

Since we dont have Free Dining, if they don't announce a second round of Free Dining though this list will definitely change haha

Also never done a dessert party at MK but they just added alcohol so we may bite this trip :)

Is Woody’s Roundup bbq expected by this summer? I had no idea!!

It’s driving me crazy that my ADRs are available in just 10 days but MNNSHP hasn’t yet been announced and that I’ll probably have to wait forever for DAH MK to be released for August. I wish they would announce all events at least 6 months in advance for this very reason. Ah well, I’m still thrilled that my dining window is about to open and I’ll be able to see REAL plans in MDE besides resort!!
At least it’s not 6 WEEKS like it is at Disneyland. We just went there and it was very frustrating, especially waiting for them to release refurbishment schedules...

Its very exciting to see August people already booking dining. We can't wait to book on the 18th.

Our rough plans
View attachment 470345

Anyone else anxiously waiting to see what they do with boarding groups? Especially with Rise, Ratatoullie and Mickeys railway?

I'm really hoping that there will be fastpasses for all 3 new rides! It will be way less stressful for us that way!

I'm really hoping that there will be fastpasses for all 3 new rides! It will be way less stressful for us that way!
Same! I just really hope they won’t require boarding groups for these rides because then it will be a chaotic thing where I want to be at HS first to get a BG for ROTR and/or MMRR, I want to be at Epcot first to get a BG for Ratatouille, I want to be at AK first to RD FOP (because even though no BGs are required, the waits are insane and FPs are hard to get), and I want to be at MK first on my first day because of nostalgia...

Yes we always do MK first day kinda an unwritten role in our household. :)

can you change my dates pls.. our school board is starts tying prior to Labor Day. And the big kid was planning on grade 12round 2 but he was accepted to his uni program he wanted and I didn’t want a family trip being the deciding factor . ( I basically repaid for my flights all over uggh )

we are now at Poly aug20-26
Then boulder ridge August 26-29

two days off site to start our trip one in Tampa for Busch gardens , 1 at a sea world hotel ( discovery cove on our departure day the 29th)

Same! I just really hope they won’t require boarding groups for these rides because then it will be a chaotic thing where I want to be at HS first to get a BG for ROTR and/or MMRR, I want to be at Epcot first to get a BG for Ratatouille, I want to be at AK first to RD FOP (because even though no BGs are required, the waits are insane and FPs are hard to get), and I want to be at MK first on my first day because of nostalgia...
Same with us! I really hope its FP's as well. We weren't planning on rope dropping parks this trip.

We are finally booked July 30-Aug 5 at AKL. We had to switch our original plan because someone couldn't get those dates off of work. Of course I had just made ADRs and had to redo those too. But everything worked out and we moved from CBR to AKL with the summer discount. We already have tickets for H2O glow night August 1. I'm super excited for that!

Last edited:
We are finally booked July 30-Aug 5 at AKL. We had to switch our original plan because someone couldn't get those dates off of work. Of course I had just made ADRs and had to redo those too. But everything worked out and we moved from CBR to AKL with the summer discount. We already have tickets for H2O goos night August 1. I'm super excited for that!
H2O Glow was one of the highlights of my trip last year. I can’t wait to do it again!

H2O Glow was one of the highlights of my trip last year. I can’t wait to do it again!
DITTO. We're SO excited we're going on the 5th!!!

And y'all, I just did something I haven't done since we first started going in 2012: I FORGOT ADR DAY YESTERDAY. :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:
Fortunately my 14 year old son would rather swim in Echo Lake than go to CRT or BOG so it isn't as though the vacation is ruined (for him it WOULD be with those ADRs :rotfl2:), but it's the PRINCIPAL of the thing. I am filled with Disney Planning Shame... :guilty: :guilty: :guilty:

DITTO. We're SO excited we're going on the 5th!!!

And y'all, I just did something I haven't done since we first started going in 2012: I FORGOT ADR DAY YESTERDAY. :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:
Fortunately my 14 year old son would rather swim in Echo Lake than go to CRT or BOG so it isn't as though the vacation is ruined (for him it WOULD be with those ADRs :rotfl2:), but it's the PRINCIPAL of the thing. I am filled with Disney Planning Shame... :guilty: :guilty: :guilty:
Well I've made up for you by booking ADRs last Wednesday on our 180 day. Then rebooked the trip and Sunday became ADR so redid them. Then changed dates again and had to change a few around yesterday. But everything we wanted was still available so we are all set.

My my, you've all been BUSY :)

We just booked August 16-21st. Staying at a cabin in Fort Wilderness. :smickey:pooh::eeyore:

Roll Call has been updated. Happy planning!

August 16-22 for at at POLY!

Yes we always do MK first day kinda an unwritten role in our household. :)

can you change my dates pls.. our school board is starts tying prior to Labor Day. And the big kid was planning on grade 12round 2 but he was accepted to his uni program he wanted and I didn’t want a family trip being the deciding factor . ( I basically repaid for my flights all over uggh )

we are now at Poly aug20-26
Then boulder ridge August 26-29

two days off site to start our trip one in Tampa for Busch gardens , 1 at a sea world hotel ( discovery cove on our departure day the 29th)

We are finally booked July 30-Aug 5 at AKL. We had to switch our original plan because someone couldn't get those dates off of work. Of course I had just made ADRs and had to redo those too. But everything worked out and we moved from CBR to AKL with the summer discount. We already have tickets for H2O glow night August 1. I'm super excited for that!

Ok . . .. I *think* I got everyone. If I missed you . . . . please don't get mad, but DO remind me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter